Today's Quick Pic

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Re: Today's Quick Pic

Post by maddiedog »

Wow, that's terrible. I've never paid near that much for a parking ticket, even with my cars.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I guess it's not too late to add a picture. This one was taken while we were walking in a park by the beach in San Francisco a couple of years ago while we were visiting one of our daughters.
circle path-SF Calif.jpg
circle path-SF Calif.jpg (243.36 KiB) Viewed 2556 times
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Mel, do tell....why the spiral of rock? More info please :)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

Looks more like a labyrinth than a spiral. Labyrinths are designed as a path that you walk which leads continuously to the center of the design and then back out. Labyrinths are often used as a meditation tool. Not too often you see labyrinths in public places.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ahh the movie: "Labyrinth" with David Bowie. Did yas see it? Directed by Jim Henson, released 1986. David was in his prime (imo). Oops, slipped off topic target. I'm back ;) ..........
Anyways, my knowledge of a Labyrinth is that of a maze. Guess we could combine & call pic above: A spiral/labyrinth/maze. Pick one, pick all :D your choice.
So Mel, where are you? Chime in buddy. Did you walk the walk....going round and round? Hmm, maybe it's an inner peace kinda exercise thing. Circle of Life? (oh now I'm really guessing), Never mind me :geek: Come Back Mel
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

WN, I think Urbanian meant something more like this:
Wikipedia wrote:Labyrinths can be thought of as symbolic forms of pilgrimage; people can walk the path, ascending toward salvation or enlightenment. Many people could not afford to travel to holy sites and lands, so labyrinths and prayer substituted for such travel. Later, the religious significance of labyrinths faded, and they served primarily for entertainment, though recently their spiritual aspect has seen a resurgence.

Many newly made labyrinths exist today, in churches and parks. Labyrinths are used by modern mystics to help achieve a contemplative state. Walking among the turnings, one loses track of direction and of the outside world, and thus quiets the mind. The Labyrinth Society provides a locator for modern labyrinths all over the world.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

It is a labyrinth. Keep in mind where the picture was taken. Notice the bench. That is for those who want to meditate on the sunset. There were quite a few people there just walking without saying a word. California has some great places to do that. We also visited a beautiful forest by the sea up on a cliff. It was a walking park. No bicycles even. It was great there too.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

It's all a bit wibbly wobbly to me.
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

Difference between a labyrinth and a maze is that a maze is a puzzle with wrong turns and dead ends. A labyrinth is a single continuous often winding path to the center and back out. My only knowledge came from a neighbor who designed and installed them all over the western hemisphere. They can be as simple as a painted canvas, or elaborate with brick walls or sculpted gardens.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thank you Urbanian, Dave and Mel for explaining. Very interesting. If I ever have the opportunity to see one up front and personal, I will partake. In this Crazy World We Live In, I could use some spiritual help to quiet my soul. I mean that....no jokes.
Great photo Mel!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Urbanian wrote:Difference between a labyrinth and a maze is that a maze is a puzzle with wrong turns and dead ends. A labyrinth is a single continuous often winding path to the center and back out. My only knowledge came from a neighbor who designed and installed them all over the western hemisphere. They can be as simple as a painted canvas, or elaborate with brick walls or sculpted gardens.
As seen in the movie "The Shining?" They used sculpted hedging. That's a Maze.... right?
Also one seen in a Harry Potter movie...again a Maze? Great explanaton of the difference. It must take a special personality to Want to design/install them. Kinda cool. Do you have a photo of one of your neighbors?
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

WhiteNoise wrote: Do you have a photo of one of your neighbors?
http://www.labyrinthproject.com/ourwork.html
Judy Hopen was our neighbor
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Impressive, very nice. Thanks for sharing the link :)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Honda Oldie.jpg
Honda Oldie.jpg (100.98 KiB) Viewed 2425 times
Saw this on the showroom floor. Blast from the past.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

What year is that bike? I passed a Honda 500 while cruising along the other day and I was really surprised. I had one back in the late '60s- early '70s. My brother did a cross country on one. More power to him. Hard on the back, and no wind relief such as a windshield either.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

That's a Honda CB900F from circa 1982-3
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:That's a Honda CB900F from circa 1982-3
I used to lust after a blue one when I was a spotty youth.
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

I was riding my crappy old Honda 500T (twin) in 82/83. Dreamt of a Four.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

According to Wikipedia, "the first generation Honda CB900F was produced from 1973 to 1983. It was only sold in the U.S. in 1981 to 1982 and was replaced in 1983 by the CB1100F." The bike shown above says "Super Sport." Does that bring more value to it? I forgot to ask the gent behind the desk, "how much?" He told me the year and I forgot that too :? So impressed seeing it? Or just bad memory? Ah well, pay no mind :D
When I asked him if I could take a pic, he said ok, then picked up the phone (as if he were busy) and wide-smiled. I said....oh yeah, business is booming! :lol:
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

ok so that explains the guy pretending to be on the phone in the pic. But who's the blue sneaker thats about to kick the front tire?