new member from fl

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

dariel89
Year: 2015
Color: black

new member from fl

Post by dariel89 »

hello guys, I just got a 2015 honda pcx 150 , so far im loving it, great mileage , looking to mod it down the road, my main concern is doing the valve adjustment at 600 miles , her is some pictures of the beauty, next to it its my brother honda grom.ImageImage
dariel89

Re: new member from fl

Post by dariel89 »

waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

From FL. I assume you mean Lichtenstein :roll: :lol:
dariel89

Post by dariel89 »

morning ride 45 degress Image
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

the valve adjustment is overblown, many don't do it, if its running fine, count me as someone who skipped it...
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

In my opinion, the scheduled valve clearance adjustment is a way for Honda to drag you into the shop for unnecessary services that the dealer may not tear down and actually perform. It takes more labor than the dealer can charge and be reimbursed from Honda for time.

Here's the rub, if you don't play along you void the warrant which serves in Honda's best interest.

Your choice is to pay for the service and don't ask don't tell (and don't complain or question) Allow your new scooter to possibly be totally dissembled and reassembled by a gorilla which can cause issues if he doesn't put it all back correctly... or do it yourself voiding your warranty... or don't have it done at all, save the money void the warranty and take your chances. If you bought an extended warranty you are going to have to let them SAY they done it to save your investment sorry. Hopefully the dealer just checks the box and logs the paperwork not tearing down your bike only to see this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ierh8gBeuLg

I'm not one to trust a gorilla, and this is a catch 22 situation that we all encounter and either go with the program or not. The 600 mile VCA is crazy and I believe timed by Honda to void a lot of warranties early on.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:In my opinion, the scheduled valve clearance adjustment is a way for Honda to drag you into the shop for unnecessary services that the dealer may not tear down and actually perform. It takes more labor than the dealer can charge and be reimbursed from Honda for time.

Here's the rub, if you don't play along you void the warrant which serves in Honda's best interest.

Your choice is to pay for the service and don't ask don't tell (and don't complain or question) Allow your new scooter to possibly be totally dissembled and reassembled by a gorilla which can cause issues if he doesn't put it all back correctly... or do it yourself voiding your warranty... or don't have it done at all, save the money void the warranty and take your chances. If you bought an extended warranty you are going to have to let them SAY they done it to save your investment sorry. Hopefully the dealer just checks the box and logs the paperwork not tearing down your bike only to see this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ierh8gBeuLg

I'm not one to trust a gorilla, and this is a catch 22 situation that we all encounter and either go with the program or not. The 600 mile VCA is crazy and I believe timed by Honda to void a lot of warranties early on.

Here here
GlassMan
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017

Post by GlassMan »

I believe a video such as yours Homie , would stand up in any warranty litigation! Very well done!
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

I won't bother again, my scoot is out of warranty and runs like a well-oiled sewing machine (remember them?).

If it's anything like my Honda motor mower, 18 years old and running smoothly on minimum maintenance, I'll take my chances. :D :D
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by GatorGreg »

Welcome! Have you guys raced yet? :D
2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
dariel89

Post by dariel89 »

https://vimeo.com/153114496
found this small tapping , only has 500 miles , dont know if its the valves? anyone input
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

I don't hear anything unusual from your short video. I think what I do hear is typical PCX clatter. Really doubt you have engine valve issues of any kind at 500 miles.
dariel89

Post by dariel89 »

ook i was kind of worried and here in fl 400 for a valve adjusted from a honda dealer damn
dariel89

new member from fl

Post by dariel89 »

my brother bough a brocks exhaust thinking i was getting a honda grom... so im thinking of welding a reducer on the stock header and put the brocks can, my only concern is if i would lose back pressure since the brocks doesnt have any silencer....[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016012 ... 3c5f03.jpg[/img]
dariel89

Post by dariel89 »

i been busy moving to a new house with a garage, so i can keep my bike secure not that i dont have insurance but to have them under a roof ;) Image
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

My advice would be to either do the first valve adjustment yourself or have the dealer do it. The 600 mile adjustment is important. After that, most of our members would agree that you can skip it unless it sounds like it needs it. The factory adjustment is not always right on, and running the bike for that distance starts seating the valves, which is good. However, they more than likely will need that final adjustment then. The 2015 model is a little different than the previous models, but there is a thread on this forum where Maddiedog tore his 2011 PCX down to the frame so that we could see how it was done. There is also a thread on valve adjustment. Use this forum to learn how to do everything yourself and you won't need the dealer.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Scootolicious
Year: 2016
Color: Steel Grey

Post by Scootolicious »

Great idea- stay away from dealer and do it yourself! I would not recommend messing with any vavles. If it aint broke- don't fix! Change oil as recommended and roll on...
Dealer=expensive
Enjoy- nice bike!
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

The first one is important. I found my valve lash both in and exh on the tight side after 1000 miles. Almost zero lash .. Had significant valve" wear in" I suppose ..Even at zero lash engine ran fine, no stalling, plenty of power.
Phil

Post by Phil »

dariel89 wrote:i been busy moving to a new house with a garage, so i can keep my bike secure not that i dont have insurance but to have them under a roof
Fabulous rides: PCX, Grom, Ruckus. Already owned a PCX as well as a fuel injected Ruckus. And perfectly like and already tried the Grom/MSX, but no way currently.
Nice!