New forum user/ newer rider

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

Joel PCX150
Year: 2015
Color: White

New forum user/ newer rider

Post by Joel PCX150 »

Hello everyone I've looked at this forum for a while and decided to sign up and get involved. Here's some pictures of my 2015 PCX.
PCX 1.JPG
PCX 1.JPG (169.2 KiB) Viewed 1862 times
PCX 2.JPG
PCX 2.JPG (115.73 KiB) Viewed 1862 times
My brother bought it new, had it's first service at 400 miles and then i bought it from him with 565 miles on it. At 665 miles i switched her over to Amsoil and just enjoyed the heck out of it the rest of the riding season. At 2700 miles i stored it away for the harsh Minnesota winter. The only mod currently is the medium Givi screen which is awesome, I averaged 108 mpg overall (that's calculated at the pump, not the on board computer).

This spring i bought my first ever scooter (Buddy 150) and have been hooked ever since. The PCX is truly the best of all worlds for me. I can easily commute to work, get excellent mileage and have a blast doing it. My goal for next season is to put on at least 6k miles, and go on at least 1 long trip with my brother on his Honda NC700x.

Future plans are to just keep it spotlessly clean and strictly maintained and see if she'll do 30k miles on the stock motor.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: New forum user/ newer rider

Post by Mel46 »

I am a little confused. You bought the pcx from your brother, but you also bought a Buddy 150? Between the two, I would definitely take the pcx 150 over the Buddy. It shouldn't be too hard to put 6k miles on it. We do that during the summer, but then we don't work any more so we have the time. However, there are a lot of riders who use their pcx as their main mode of transportation. It isn't a matter of how many miles you can put on it, but rather how much fun you can have while riding it....or how many fun-miles you can put on it.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Joel PCX150

Post by Joel PCX150 »

I bought the buddy in may and shortly after bought a 2013 pcx brand new "last year model" special. Put 2700 miles on that and sold it to buy my brothers 2015. I definitely ride for pleasure, the 6,000 miles is just a personal goal for myself. I commute only about 9 miles a day round trip to work so a majority of the miles i put on are just for fun, I've done so much exploring in nearby places that I would never see in a car.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Welcome to hondapcx.org Joel.

You mention in your previous post that you are from Minnesota, but if you could add it to your profile, that helps us help you if you have technical questions in the future because some answers vary according to country. Thanks
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by GatorGreg »

Very nice - welcome!
2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

'Bout time you stop lurking 'round :lol: Welcome to the real deal!
Heh, now I get it. Ya bought a scoot called Buddy, then sold scoot Buddy for a real Biker's scooter the PCX in the most safest the most fastest color..."White!" You upped her a bit with a Givi medium screen (ah yes...you like it! :P ) Did I get that all right? No wait.....you long for an adventure, and wanna pile on miles to bring on big smiles. That can happen ;)
Cheers and ~Happy Trails~
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

OH its a NICE one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
welcome
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Joel PCX150 wrote:Hello everyone I've looked at this forum for a while and decided to sign up and get involved. Here's some pictures of my 2015 PCX.
PCX 1.JPG
PCX 2.JPG
My brother bought it new, had it's first service at 400 miles and then i bought it from him with 565 miles on it. At 665 miles i switched her over to Amsoil and just enjoyed the heck out of it the rest of the riding season. At 2700 miles i stored it away for the harsh Minnesota winter. The only mod currently is the medium Givi screen which is awesome, I averaged 108 mpg overall (that's calculated at the pump, not the on board computer).

This spring i bought my first ever scooter (Buddy 150) and have been hooked ever since. The PCX is truly the best of all worlds for me. I can easily commute to work, get excellent mileage and have a blast doing it. My goal for next season is to put on at least 6k miles, and go on at least 1 long trip with my brother on his Honda NC700x.

Future plans are to just keep it spotlessly clean and strictly maintained and see if she'll do 30k miles on the stock motor.
Interested in the switch to Amsoil. I can't find that switch on mine so am worried about not enjoying the season on mine.
pcx150man
Year: 2014
Color: white

Post by pcx150man »

Looks great with the screen.

:lol: :lol: Is just me, or do all new born babies look just like General Bullcarter from "Hogans Heroes" you know...all the same, and a face only a mother(and father) could love,,,,,when I show my son pics of other rider's pcx's,,,he just stares at me blankly and say's they all look the same to him... (me) huh!
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

pcx150man wrote:Looks great with the screen.
:lol: :lol: Is just me, or do all new born babies look just like General Bullcarter from "Hogans Heroes" you know...all the same, and a face only a mother(and father) could love,,,,,when I show my son pics of other rider's pcx's,,,he just stares at me blankly and say's they all look the same to him... (me) huh!
Yup, it's just you. :lol: :lol:
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Agree! Just Y O U :lol:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
RusticCharm
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: red

Post by RusticCharm »

I'm from western Wisconsin and just got back from a ride. December 5 and still riding with more nice weather forecast for a few more bonus riding days, so you can get some more miles in yet this year.
Joel PCX150

Post by Joel PCX150 »

I stored mine over a month ago. I don't have good enough cold weather gear to ride in this weather unfortunately. My plan is to invest in some good gear this winter to extend my riding season.
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

Mines parked up for the winter months inside, nice and safe, may get some panniers sorted for next riding season.

Welcome :)
aka DrewJW