Newbie and his bike

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

Geoffers
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Matt Black

Newbie and his bike

Post by Geoffers »

Hi. Newbie here from Manchester, UK.

I've had my new PCX125 for a week. I've downsized from a Kawasaki ER6 because all I ever ride these days is my daily commute. It's a fun little scooter. It's got a bit more oomph than I was expecting, too. I commute in all seasons so I've ordered a Fabbri windshield coz the stock one is more cosmetic than functional. Here's a pic of both bikes (I've sold the Kwak)

Geoffers
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Newbie and his bike

Post by Geoffers »

Also, here's an interesting comparison between the 2 bikes. There's nothing wrong with the Kwak's headlight - the PCX is just s much brighter.

kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Welcome to hondapcx.org

Maybe you could add your location to your profile. I helps us when assistance is asked for. Thanks.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome aboard! And Congrats!
Yes indeed your PCX does glow brighter and why not! She's got LED's and is wanting to show them off 8) So we in PCXland get elected to make that happen. A Crummy job I know, but someone has to do it! :lol: :lol:
Seriously speaking, seems you chose the right bike for your needs, and the bonus is the great fun you will have together. I noticed your security equipment, do you have a lot of thefts where you are? Or are ya just over protective. Hey! I am, but that's just me and me up bringing poking on through ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Geoffers
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Geoffers »

Thanks for the welcome

There's not much theft in the neighbourhood, but I've been unlucky. I had one bike stolen a long time ago, and then a few years back one was taken from my drive, lock and all! From the exact spot in the pic. I guess the thieves just picked it up and put it in a van. Stolen to order by an organised gang, or so the police thought.

So I'm very careful now. You can't see it in the picture, but there's a ground anchor between the two bikes and they're both chained to it.

Riding a scoot is very different from riding a larger bike. The riding position means using bodyweight is different, I'm relearning slow control now I don't have a clutch to feather (and yes, I have grabbed a fistful of back brake to try and engage second gear!). I'm getting used to it. Obviously it's slower than what I've been used to, but it's not that much slower in the stop-start city traffic and I'm riding with a grin on my face which I haven't done for ages.
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Color: White

Post by GatorGreg »

Geoffers wrote:Obviously it's slower than what I've been used to, but it's not that much slower in the stop-start city traffic and I'm riding with a grin on my face which I haven't done for ages.
Welcome! I also downsized from a Kawi to the PCX. And I know how you feel - I can't get the stupid grin off my face when I ride my PCX ;)

2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
Ben2talk
Color: Grey/black

Post by Ben2talk »

I went from GSX-R750. I do miss the ride (the wheels and suspension just soaked up the speed bumps and stuff so much better... however, once you realise that the PCX just shouldn't be ridden at the same speed (i.e. comfortable with 40 to 60km/h instead of up to 60-80 in small bumpy backstreets) it's just so much nicer in many ways.

I still feel naked not having to carry anything... and it's not hugely better for getting through traffic that's not gridlocked/stationary, but my first 1000km service cost 139 baht (1100 for change of oil and filter on the GSX) and yes - when pottering around up to 80/90km/h it feels so quiet and civilised.

[URL=http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/pcx150/2015/bennn/389324]
Geoffers
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Geoffers »

Ben2talk wrote:(i.e. comfortable with 40 to 60km/h instead of up to 60-80 in small bumpy backstreets)
Oh I agree completely. My PCX is brand new so I'm treating it nicely for a few hundred miles, but even so it's obvious that it's happiest at 30-40mph (I work in miles not kilometres, but we're saying the same thing).
Geoffers
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Geoffers »

I've replaced the standard short windscreen with a Fabbri screen. Just over £90 including delivery from Italy. It makes such a difference now the colder weather has arrived in the UK.
Attachments
20151121_092022(1).jpg
20151121_092022(1).jpg (251.31 KiB) Viewed 1482 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

I like your new screen! They don't sell the Fabbri screen here. Please tell me, do your brake levers hit it when your handlebar is turned full swing left/right?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Geoffers
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Geoffers »

The mirrors do catch the screen right at the end of the swing. I haven't managed to readjust the mirrors to fix this and so I may need to reangle the handlebars. Or I might not bother because it's not really a problem.

The screen makes riding so much more comfortable.