Incredible Handling Skills

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Incredible Handling Skills

Post by kramnala58 »

I am not sure where to put this, but being as it is a video, 'Gallery' sounds good.

This guy has incredible balance and handling skills.

https://www.facebook.com/princekayone/v ... 1/?fref=nf
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Incredible Handling Skills

Post by Mel46 »

Those are also the types of riders who forget about safety when riding because they have gotten so comfortable with the bike. In the end, many of these riders have an accident at high speed and do not walk away. I saw one a few days ago. He was showing off on his Ninja, cranked it up well above the speed limit on a busy public street and ended up going to a hospital because someone pulled out right in front of him. The driver of the car wasn't paying any attention, had their radio up loud enough that they could not hear him coming, and pulled out directly in front of the bike as it was cresting a blind hill. Who was at fault? Both, but the person in the car did not go to the hospital. Showing off on public streets can get you killed. In the video the guy was in a parking lot, but a public street was right behind him. The transition onto public streets will only be a matter of time for him.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Mel46 wrote:The transition onto public streets will only be a matter of time for him.
I suspect that he has been there and done that. I also suspect that if he hasn't already ditched a bike a few times, he is well on his way to doing so.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

Show me someone with some talent, a single stunt driver that we see in movies, that has not f-ed up a few times?
aka DrewJW
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

lets don't turn this into a old folks rant... plenty of time yet for most of us to get old.

JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

[quote="homie"]lets don't turn this into a old folks rant... plenty of time yet for most of us to get old./quote]

:lol: :lol: I represent that remark. :lol: :lol:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Haha! John, my Dad always said that! I've never heard anyone else say that. Cool, thanks.
Miss him
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Kompact
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Kompact »

Mel46 wrote:Those are also the types of riders who forget about safety when riding because they have gotten so comfortable with the bike. In the end, many of these riders have an accident at high speed and do not walk away. I saw one a few days ago. He was showing off on his Ninja, cranked it up well above the speed limit on a busy public street and ended up going to a hospital because someone pulled out right in front of him. The driver of the car wasn't paying any attention, had their radio up loud enough that they could not hear him coming, and pulled out directly in front of the bike as it was cresting a blind hill. Who was at fault? Both, but the person in the car did not go to the hospital. Showing off on public streets can get you killed. In the video the guy was in a parking lot, but a public street was right behind him. The transition onto public streets will only be a matter of time for him.
With all due respect that's the great thing about being on 2 wheels - you act like an idiot and crash it's you who ends up dead. The vehicle you plowed into gets a dent and needs a paint touch up. The reality is that what do you care if some stranger on a bike crashes and kills himself - his life. That's the whole point in having a bike for most riders - to ride fast and enjoy the thrill and agility you can only get by being on 2 wheels. If you want to drive slow snag a minivan or a 49cc scoot.
horobags
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: white

Post by horobags »

whats all these negative replies about??? This stunt rider shows great skill, better than any of us. Its done 'off road ,so no other road user is in danger. These stunt bikes are carefully converted although they look stock ( shocks, steering, tanks dented to help manouvers, low tyre pressure .) This show was near flawless and a pleasure to watch. Oh yes, sorry, he didnt wear a day glo vest,, the shame!!! :? :roll:
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

horobags wrote:whats all these negative replies about??? This stunt rider shows great skill, better than any of us. Its done 'off road ,so no other road user is in danger. These stunt bikes are carefully converted although they look stock ( shocks, steering, tanks dented to help manouvers, low tyre pressure .) This show was near flawless and a pleasure to watch. Oh yes, sorry, he didnt wear a day glo vest,, the shame!!! :? :roll:
Welcome new guy... I should try and answer your question. Maybe we start by looking at my signature. We have seasoned bikers and perhaps a few younger riders from overseas who depend on these little machines for daily commute. If you are lucky enough to survive the big bikes all you life you might find yourself a little less tolerant of unnecessary risk. This isn't a rest home for American bikers or anything like that yet... but try and understand. We put on our day-glow and long underwear, brush the grey hair out of our helmets and still go out in harms way trying to stay off the ditch list.
horobags
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: white

Post by horobags »

yes, I get what your saying homie, Ive been riding over 40 years, now Im enjoying small cc bikes/scoots. I just think the skill of the stunt rider is fantastic, the only one at risk is himself, therefore cant see anything negative about such skill.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

horobags wrote:yes, I get what your saying homie, Ive been riding over 40 years, now Im enjoying small cc bikes/scoots. I just think the skill of the stunt rider is fantastic, the only one at risk is himself, therefore cant see anything negative about such skill.
I with you on this, I watch for this kind of talent on youtube and try really hard not to look at the FAIL motorcycle vids because those can put me off and spook me for days.