New Red Honda PCX

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015 Honda MSX
Color: Red

New Red Honda PCX

Post by jojo87 »

Finally got it...
got it at 12, went out on it at 1 after signing everything and putting the Bar on and Levers...
couldn't get the bar-ends off to change the grips though :( (not strong enough)
I got stickers today as well, supposed to be the ones I had before that goes around the Wheel but they sent the wrong ones :-(
was too excited getting them today as well as it was supposed to come Thursday,
got the Fedex box and BAM! wrong stickers!!

Only thing I didn't like after my first ride was that the front screen vibrates a lot, making a really annoying sound!
going to try to simply see if the 2 screws need tightening...

Anyway, here is it, minus the grips and new licence plate.
IMG_3500 copy.JPG
IMG_3500 copy.JPG (903.5 KiB) Viewed 4518 times
IMG_3501 copy.JPG
IMG_3501 copy.JPG (567.96 KiB) Viewed 4518 times
IMG_3502 copy.JPG
IMG_3502 copy.JPG (502.22 KiB) Viewed 4518 times
IMG_3503 copy.JPG
IMG_3503 copy.JPG (616.82 KiB) Viewed 4518 times
IMG_3504 copy.jpg
IMG_3504 copy.jpg (496.07 KiB) Viewed 4518 times
scottyb
Year: 2015
Color: grey

Re: New Red Honda PCX

Post by scottyb »

Now that's a beautiful thing...Nice pictures.
May i ask what's the bar across the handlebars for,is
it just for show?If so it looks pretty cool.
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Just for show mainly and to fill in the gap as I don't really like the PCX bars, I like more of a straight bar,
plus it might come in handy for a phone mount etc if I need the GSP :-)

I'll get better photos when I go through the lanes, theres a nice spot there where I take my photos usually.
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

Hey sorry for the load of questions but I am a month tops from getting a white one myself, can you let me know how it feels on rough ground, and with a bit of a wind hitting it at speed?

I'm down Manchester way and hope to be taking my PCX to Scotland this summer, and I am curious how they handle our UK bumpy and twisty roads.
aka DrewJW
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

I got this PCX from Manchester, Hunts Motorcycles, you know it?

and I haven't been on a Bike since November since my crash so it felt a little weird but after being out for nearly 2 hours it felt ok,
I can't really do any good speed due to having to break it in for the next 600 miles,
but yeah... it seems ok, pretty much the same as my 2013 one I had...

More rattling I noticed though, going to try and tighten the screen up, if those 2 screws are already tight then i'm not sure how i'm going to 'fix' that, really annoying, especially when slowing down the noise is annoying!

But yeah, LOVE the new lights on the newer model, plus the new 'glovebox', and I like the new fuel lid as well, my 2013 one would rattle, but this 2014 one seems like it's built better.

Bumps and all that, not really a problem, I think with any brand new Bike though it needs to be rode a bit, mine had 3 miles when I got it this morning, think I did 15 miles while out, I upload videos on YouTube, you can check them out... did my first new one earlier so currently uploading that.

https://www.youtube.com/user/hondapcxso ... =0&sort=dd
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

jojo87 wrote:I got this PCX from Manchester, Hunts Motorcycles, you know it?

and I haven't been on a Bike since November since my crash so it felt a little weird but after being out for nearly 2 hours it felt ok,
I can't really do any good speed due to having to break it in for the next 600 miles,
but yeah... it seems ok, pretty much the same as my 2013 one I had...

More rattling I noticed though, going to try and tighten the screen up, if those 2 screws are already tight then i'm not sure how i'm going to 'fix' that, really annoying, especially when slowing down the noise is annoying!

But yeah, LOVE the new lights on the newer model, plus the new 'glovebox', and I like the new fuel lid as well, my 2013 one would rattle, but this 2014 one seems like it's built better.

Bumps and all that, not really a problem, I think with any brand new Bike though it needs to be rode a bit, mine had 3 miles when I got it this morning, think I did 15 miles while out, I upload videos on YouTube, you can check them out... did my first new one earlier so currently uploading that.

https://www.youtube.com/user/hondapcxso ... =0&sort=dd
Aye I know Hunts, getting mine from AllBikes in Rochdale, got my Vision from them, top service so going back to get a PCX.

As for the rattle, the screen comes off, you could apply some foam adhesive where the screen meets the front plastics to add some support? I am in two minds to change my front screen for the larger one, will be adding my white Givi topbox, and maybe copy your bar mod since GPS is quite likely given the city miles I do ( i hate Manchesters one way network)
aka DrewJW
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Just to add, Manchester to Cardiff in this cold? damn you are determined.
aka DrewJW
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

I had my PCX delivered by Hunts :-D
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Admit it you was bouncing about when the truck arrived :lol:
aka DrewJW
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Put the new grips on last night after having to drill the bar ends off...
used CT1 inside them and on the bar/throttle to secure them but due to it being 0 degrees last night... they still aren't secure today, yet!
hoping they get more solid as the day goes on though,
the one on the throttle plastic isn't as bad, but obviously the other one, on the actual bar, what with the metal being a lot more colder, it's still sliding off!
wanted to go for a ride as well :-(
only other thing, the one on the left fits flush against the indicators etc...
but the throttle one, due to the inner lip, the grip doesn't fit flush :-( (OCD kicked in)
IMG_3512.JPG
IMG_3512.JPG (271.44 KiB) Viewed 4382 times
IMG_3511.JPG
IMG_3511.JPG (325.57 KiB) Viewed 4382 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

jojo87 wrote:Put the new grips on last night after having to drill the bar ends off...
used CT1 inside them and on the bar/throttle to secure them but due to it being 0 degrees last night... they still aren't secure today, yet!
hoping they get more solid as the day goes on though,
the one on the throttle plastic isn't as bad, but obviously the other one, on the actual bar, what with the metal being a lot more colder, it's still sliding off!
wanted to go for a ride as well :-(
only other thing, the one on the left fits flush against the indicators etc...
but the throttle one, due to the inner lip, the grip doesn't fit flush :-( (OCD kicked in)
IMG_3512.JPG
IMG_3511.JPG

That does look really good
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

Glad to see you got your bike! About time. :D
Monty1952
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Monty1952 »

I should hire you to pimp my ride! It's a relatively minor point but Honda for a fairly small sum could just make our rides a bit more interesting. Great job in raising the looks to another level.
2014 Forza - Silver 2,300km
2013 BMW C600 Sport 0km!
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Went for a ride today to Barry Island through the lanes (relaxing ride but cold)
thought i'd take some photos.
IMG_3525 copy.JPG
IMG_3525 copy.JPG (744.18 KiB) Viewed 4313 times
IMG_3529 copy.JPG
IMG_3529 copy.JPG (583.33 KiB) Viewed 4313 times
IMG_3526 copy.jpg
IMG_3526 copy.jpg (677.74 KiB) Viewed 4313 times
IMG_3527 copy.jpg
IMG_3527 copy.jpg (634.55 KiB) Viewed 4313 times
IMG_3528 copy.jpg
IMG_3528 copy.jpg (732.43 KiB) Viewed 4313 times
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150

Post by tbln930 »

Now you need the rear foot rests. :) Sharp looking bike.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Just waiting on my wheel trim stickers from Italy, I had them on my old Bike if you seen my older thread with photos on? they sent the completely wrong stickers out so having to wait longer for the proper ones :-( cant wait to get them on though, they make the wheels look 10x better I think! plus my Icon Variant Helmet will be here saturday, hoping that fits well and looks ok :-)
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Oh and theres a REALLLLLY annoying vibration from somewhere which really gets on my nerves, not sure what it is though, I used 3M dual lock so the licence plate and l plate didnt move around too much but that didnt seem to help with the rattle/vibration at all, I put foam in the gaps between the screen and plastic fairing too so that didnt vibrate loads and thats helped a lot, but yeah.... seems to rattle/vibrate when the throttle is pulled, when its let go.. the noise stops.
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

@jojo87 - Take it back to the dealer and have them sort it out.
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150

Post by tbln930 »

I had a box cutter cut on the rear tire when I went to pick mine up from the dealer so they replaced it and balanced both front and back FOC. One was pretty far out of balance they said and it would have vibrated. Yours sounds like a different issue.
jojo87 wrote:Oh and theres a REALLLLLY annoying vibration from somewhere which really gets on my nerves, not sure what it is though, I used 3M dual lock so the licence plate and l plate didnt move around too much but that didnt seem to help with the rattle/vibration at all, I put foam in the gaps between the screen and plastic fairing too so that didnt vibrate loads and thats helped a lot, but yeah.... seems to rattle/vibrate when the throttle is pulled, when its let go.. the noise stops.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

I had it delivered to me, the dealers are quite a few miles away, Cardiff to Manchester is about 3-4 hours drive, i'll email them tomorrow and see if they can suggest anything, going to mess around with the plates first, going to use some metal bolts/nuts instead of the plastic ones, plus get a smaller ones for the l plate so they dont touch the actual plate holder on the bike itself, but when riding.. its hard to hear where about its coming from due to the wind and exhaust etc.