New Red Honda PCX

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: New Red Honda PCX

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hey! now That's the way to get on board! Announcement made! Let the Pre-PCX party begin! I'm partial to White myself but it ain't for me now, is it? ;) Red Sizzles!!
2 weeks?...Oh my, It's gonna be a helluva Pre-party!! 8)

Wait a minute! Hold on now! I just noticed. Whatcha think I'm going to say next? Yeah, yeah....
We need your location, it's missing :| Please add it so we can help you (when you ask a question...and most likely you will...cause most of us do...it's a forum after all). So "Make It Easy On Yourself," Prehistoric_Dog (there's that "Pre" word again), and follow the ezy directions below my post.
:P Red's coming "Anyday Now"...."It Won't Be Long"

>>> To jojo, sorry for my long winded welcome to new member. I wandered off topic too long. Please forgive :|
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

Really hope your PCX comes home sounding sweeter JoJo, mine will be getting ordered end of this month!
aka DrewJW
Prehistoric_Dog
Year: 2015
Color: red

Post by Prehistoric_Dog »

WhiteNoise wrote:Hey! now That's the way to get on board! Announcement made! Let the Pre-PCX party begin! I'm partial to White myself but it ain't for me now, is it? ;) Red Sizzles!!
2 weeks?...Oh my, It's gonna be a helluva Pre-party!! 8)

Wait a minute! Hold on now! I just noticed. Whatcha think I'm going to say next? Yeah, yeah....
We need your location, it's missing :| Please add it so we can help you (when you ask a question...and most likely you will...cause most of us do...it's a forum after all). So "Make It Easy On Yourself," Prehistoric_Dog (there's that "Pre" word again), and follow the ezy directions below my post.
:P Red's coming "Anyday Now"...."It Won't Be Long"

>>> To jojo, sorry for my long winded welcome to new member. I wandered off topic too long. Please forgive :|

Thanks for that welcome. Profile updated Sir! o7

Wanted the matt grey but 6 week wait so went for red can paint it at a later date :lol:
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015 Honda MSX
Color: Red

Post by jojo87 »

My Bike waiting out front yesterday to be collected...
shame the Dealer couldn't find anything wrong with it :-(
not sure what to suggest regarding the sound,
it's annoying as hell though!!!
IMG_3950.jpg
IMG_3950.jpg (541.54 KiB) Viewed 1587 times
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I have e-mailed your YT link to my dealer ( AllBikes Of Rochdale ) to see if they have any idea.
aka DrewJW
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Tough Times

Yea, that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!!
Bravo Drew!! Very Nice of Ya! ;)
Hang in there jojo, something's (someone's) gotta give!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Thanks Drew...
just went out again today and the rattle when the throttle is pulled is REALLLLLLY f*cking me off big time!

on the other hand, I like the way the Bike is in the sun :D
IMG_4176.JPG
IMG_4176.JPG (394.19 KiB) Viewed 1557 times
IMG_4177.JPG
IMG_4177.JPG (369.54 KiB) Viewed 1557 times
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Found something to cover the gap where the other Mirror would go lol
IMG_6893.jpg
IMG_6893.jpg (236.4 KiB) Viewed 1512 times
IMG_6895.jpg
IMG_6895.jpg (206.49 KiB) Viewed 1512 times
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Only other thing, I noticed with the rear brake, for some reason now... when I pull it, it doesn't go back to how it's supposed to, so the rear light is staying on, I have to pull it to brake and then hit it up with my fingers afterwards so people behind me don't think i'm still braking.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

jojo87 wrote:Only other thing, I noticed with the rear brake, for some reason now... when I pull it, it doesn't go back to how it's supposed to, so the rear light is staying on, I have to pull it to brake and then hit it up with my fingers afterwards so people behind me don't think i'm still braking.

Aftermarket levers?
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Yep, no problem with them since buying them in February though, since I had the Bike back from the Dealer it's been playing up, will check over it tomorrow.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

jojo87 wrote:Yep, no problem with them since buying them in February though, since I had the Bike back from the Dealer it's been playing up, will check over it tomorrow.

Bit of grease. Oil at a pinch?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Are they higher bars than stock?
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Same bars, only changed the grips, levers and mirrors, but did all this pretty much when I got the Bike...
everything has been fine, but noticed the other day that the brake light seemed really bright, so pulled the brake to see how much lighter it went...
but obv noticed that the brake was already on (reason why it was bright)...
i'll take it off tomorrow and redo it, see if that helps.
willie5094
Color: Siena Red

Post by willie5094 »

jojo87 why do you only have one L plate displayed, thought the law is one to front and one to rear, have the cops ever pulled you.
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Nope never, since 2012 when I first got a Bike I haven't had one on the front... I've never known where to put one as I don't like just sticking ones on the front screen or having the harder plastic ones coming out of the side of the wheel, I have a sticker one now on the front fender.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Chances of getting pulled over is rare, esp. as it is not easy to spot you only have one L plate fitted (if they are behind you, how can they tell, if they are approaching you - are they really going to spot one on the back and turn around). That said, if you are involved in an accident and photo's are taken or police attend, your insurance is invalid - even if you have cut-down L plates like some riders have - just the Red L and no large white space - it has to be the approved size.

Btw - have you ever had the L Plate being 'buffeted' by the exhaust fumes? My rear L plate is fitted like yours and I added some rubber between the rear fender and the L plate to try and stop the knocking/rattling, but sometimes it still does it.
willie5094
Color: Siena Red

Post by willie5094 »

My thought too iceman on the insurance thing, probably depends which copper pulls you over some would maybe warn you and others would do you, not worth the hassle. I too sometimes here the rattle from the rear L plate and I too have rubber in between, not sure what the answer would be, apart from doing the bike test.
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

When I had my accident I only had the one on the back, and not the front...
and I had 3 Bikes before that and always has one just on the backs,
but on the front now, like I said, I have a sticker one on the fender but the white is cut down to it fits on...

Regarding the rear one, I don't think i've had any issues with it, at the moment it's off because when I went back on the Bike, it tore the L Plate and the plastic screws snapped,
so just waiting to get the yellow screws, but i've been out on the Bike about 4 times without the back L Plate on and just the front one on the fender (which is there but not in your face)

I don't think the Police around here really look and bother to be honest, theres usually a lot of Bikes around here that go around illegally through red lights, and wheelies up the streets etc,
also Scooters that look ruined and look like they have no MOT but teens still go around the streets on them....
I suppose when they see me, they see the new 2015 PCX and the Helmet and Camera and probably don't expect me to have L Plates so don't really notice lol
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Been minus my rear one for about 3 days now, suppose I had better get a new one sorted :D
aka DrewJW