Before and After

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Re: Before and After

Post by kramnala58 »

you you wrote:Sorry. Bit too Subaro for me
That's That's why why it it is is my my PCX PCX and and not not yours yours ;) ;)
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

kramnala58 wrote:
you you wrote:Sorry. Bit too Subaro for me
That's That's why why it it is is my my PCX PCX and and not not yours yours ;) ;)
Fair enough

Enough
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015 Honda MSX
Color: Red

Post by jojo87 »

Where did you get the Handlebar Brace from?
I want one but not sure if I need a specific size etc....
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

I got them off the shelf at a local shop here in Bangkok. I believe I only paid about 400-500 Thao baht ($12-$15).

See my posts in the "Middle Bar" thread for other comments.
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

You could start a side business buying stuff from the Candy Stores and shipping them to the forum folks, at a profit, of course. :-)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Of course, we would have to see something and ask you about it first, but it could be a good side business. Sort of like looking at that seat place where you got yours and asking you for a price including shipping.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014
Color: grey

Post by dergav »

kramnala58....where did you get the decals...they suit the bike...and might the supplier have a web site?
probably not!....thanks
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

dergav wrote:kramnala58....where did you get the decals...they suit the bike...and might the supplier have a web site?
probably not!....thanks
I got them at AutoZone in the US on one of my trips back there. I have since taken them off when I added the extra 'tupperware' panels.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Yea this is in my top best looking PCX's in this forum. Not sure why it always feels like something the police would rig up, maybe the hood thingy or the GIVI color scheme. But I like it! Have you ever given any thought to powder coating the rims away from the black color? Not that it isn't absolutely good looking now, just curious if anything but black rims taunts your sense of design. The mirrors, grips, levers all of it... somehow all good and yet not over done.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

Thanks. There is definitely an advantage with living in Thailand. Both availability and price of accessories are my favor. If/when we move back to the US or Canada I would love to bring it back with me, but I am fairly certain that it wouldn't meet the DOT standards so I would likely have a hard time getting it licensed. I'm also thinking that the Forza or SWing might be more suitable for me there as well.

I should probably post a few more pictures but I think I will wait until I get the new digital speedometer installed. I'm in the US now for our daughter's wedding and will be returning with it at the end of the month. Hopefully I will get it installed some time in November.

Other changes I have made are removing the decals (wasn't keen on them) and covering the black/chrome switch covers with carbon fiber.

I am not sure I like the look of the completely white wheels but have considered adding white rim tape. I have seen some black/white tape that I really like.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

kramnala58 wrote:I am not sure I like the look of the completely white wheels but have considered adding white rim tape. I have seen some black/white tape that I really like.
I understand, you know at the very least you might run the basic pin stripe on the rims of some color you fancy. It makes the black rims tolerable for me and it goes on and comes off much more easily on a 14" rim then the custom rim tape. Plus a roll of classic pin stripe is practically free at any auto parts store. You have the nice silver grey forks too, white would look like this...
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

I finally had the digital gauges installed after letting it sit on the shelf for 18 months. Ignore the temp. Because I didn't have it connected directly to the cooling system, and they didn't attach the wire so that it would measure air temp instead, it doesn't register properly. Not to worry, I will have them connect it when I take the bike in next time.
2016-06-02 13.20.24_800x600.jpg
2016-06-02 13.20.24_800x600.jpg (36.84 KiB) Viewed 674 times