Not strictly PCX

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

FritzPinguin
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Red

Not strictly PCX

Post by FritzPinguin »

but interesting anyway. The Forza is a 300cc Scooter, with ABS and other goodies. It is available in Thailand for 159,000 Baht, which is a bit more than 5000 USD. Test show the beast got a lot of storage space, runs about 140 km/h, and got enough power for longer trips. Might well become a new version of my PCX150 in the not so far future. ;)
Forza1.jpg
Forza1.jpg (75.03 KiB) Viewed 7021 times
Forza2.jpg
Forza2.jpg (79.79 KiB) Viewed 7021 times
Forza3.jpg
Forza3.jpg (67.88 KiB) Viewed 7021 times
Forza4.jpg
Forza4.jpg (62.71 KiB) Viewed 7021 times
Forza5.jpg
Forza5.jpg (56.37 KiB) Viewed 7021 times
The LCD on the dashboard has a thirst-meter (avg. liters/km or whatever), a double trip meter, and a (HURRAY!) watch.
As you can see, the scooter has two hydraulic disc brakes. Watch a video (in Thai language) on Youtube.
Bike history: Germany: Staiger 50cc 2-stroke, BMW 250 (from 1952, my age), Honda Dax ST70, Honda CB 125 (Twin), Honda CB 750, Kawa Z400j
Thailand: Kawa Zephyr 400, Honda Wave 110 S, Kawa ZX130, PCX 150 (as far as I can remember)
FritzPinguin
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Not strictly PCX

Post by FritzPinguin »

Sorry, I mixed up the link to the video. Please watch this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPMp9jOrP_8

Moderator, it is too late to edit, but if you mind... Thanks a lot!
Bike history: Germany: Staiger 50cc 2-stroke, BMW 250 (from 1952, my age), Honda Dax ST70, Honda CB 125 (Twin), Honda CB 750, Kawa Z400j
Thailand: Kawa Zephyr 400, Honda Wave 110 S, Kawa ZX130, PCX 150 (as far as I can remember)
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

I want one. Has idle stop and a 12v charger too. But don't think it will get to australia till next year.
FritzPinguin
Regular User
Regular User

Post by FritzPinguin »

The 12V charger is limited to 2 Amperes, but still enough to charge your mobile, run the GPS, and whatever.
khaosaming
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by khaosaming »

Nice pictures, thanks! It doesn't look as bulky as I thought, which is a good thing. I could see myself upgrading some time in the future. I'll just wait a while, in case any issues should arise.

The Forza shares some parts (apart from the engine) with the SH300. The exhaust/silencer is one. The engine is allegedly downtuned, so it should produce less power than an SH300. Consequently, top speed suffers a bit (expect something like 130 indicated vs. 140 on the SH).
I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Taz wrote:Has idle stop
Are you sure?
None of the stuff I've read mentioned that.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
khaosaming
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by khaosaming »

gn2 wrote:
Taz wrote:Has idle stop.
None of the stuff I've read mentioned that.
--------------------
In the photos above there's a red kill switch button readily to be seen -- so no idle stop. For Thailand expats and Thai citizens there's one clear improvement: a halogen light bulb.
Dudley

Post by Dudley »

What is the grey switch on the right handlebar.
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

I thought I read one review where it mentioned idle stop but can't find the site now. In searching for it I came across this site mentioning idle stop in a Forza st 11 years ago.
http://world.honda.com/news/2002/2020329.html
khaosaming
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by khaosaming »

Dudley wrote:What is the grey switch on the right handlebar.
--------------------------
Looks like it has a triangle on it -- so it's probably a hazard light button for emergency flashers.
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

Anybody know the MPG of the new Forza?
I would like to have that kind of power, but 428lbs ouch.
Here is a silver one 8)
Attachments
forza_12904_nh38am_____matte_bullet_silver_front.png
forza_12904_nh38am_____matte_bullet_silver_front.png (144.32 KiB) Viewed 6963 times
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

It does look good, but I think Honda could have done it better. Much better. Just have a look at their competitors and you'll see 30 hp engines. They could, at least, have left the engine with the original 27 hp of the Scoopy, but they didn't want to. It looks like a PCX on steroids and that's the charm of it, but if it grew bigger as it did, they could have improved the wind protection. It looks, to me, like it won't be much better than on the PCX. I can live without a windscreen during the summer, and I can live with the fact of having to look for aftermarket parts if I want a windscreen for the winter, but I want proper wind protection for my legs on my next scooter.

Sorry Honda, it's your fault and not mine. I'm afraid I will be one of those customers walking away.
The_Head

Post by The_Head »

Looks to be inline with the Kymco downtown 300. I've been eyeing the mid-size scooters lately. I'd like to be able to go to different towns and do an honest 70 mph on a scooter. The bigger size bugs me though, it's a conundrum.

Honda does need a midsize scooter for the U.S.. Maybe they consider the PCX150 the midsize scooter of the U.S. lineup, but I'd like to see something in the 250-300 range.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

dasshreddar wrote:Anybody know the MPG of the new Forza?
Honda are claiming 87mpg (proper gallons)
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have but one question. Where can you get an after market windscreen for it? If I bought one, that would be the first thing I would get. As for the weight, my Burgman 400 weighs in at 480 lbs. If the Forza comes to the U.S. , Honda would have the Silver wing, the Forza, and the PCX. All bases would be covered but Cascanciu is right. If they expect to compete with other maxi scooters they will need to offer something for leg protection and a proper windscreen. This kind of horsepower is for travelling outside of the city, so riders want some kind of protection from wind and rain. I haven't taken trips on motorcycles that had that kind of horsepower back in the old days, and it was not fun to be hit constantly with rain and wind, especially on the legs, which always ended up soaked. I would love to drive a Forza but would only buy one if I could get a real windscreen and maybe some kind of leg protection. My Burgman has that and I believe that the Silverwing has those qualities also. Honda should think about that before they offer it here.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

Mel46 wrote: Honda would have the Silver wing, the Forza, and the PCX. All bases would be covered
Silverwing is discontinued in the US
khaosaming
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by khaosaming »

I'm all for decently sized scooters. That is, there's a limit where a two-wheeler (more so, a scooter) can grow to. 300cc seems to be a good compromise on size and power. Once I've gotten over the PCX having a center tunnel (I prefer flat floorboards), I could easily entertain the idea of buying a 'juiced-up PCX on steroids'.

Here's a nice commercial video on the new Forza:

Specs and stuff, including accessories (a windshield amongst them):

http://www.huntsmotorcycles.co.uk/NewBi ... -forza.htm

Fitting a top box should be easier than on the PCX (no more drilling):
Fitting a top box or other accessory is dealt with by the simple removal of part of the rear spoiler cover. Range from the 11.6L fuel tank is 350km, thanks to fuel consumption of 30.8 km/l (87mpg).
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Mel46 wrote:I have but one question. Where can you get an after market windscreen for it?
Same place you would get one for a PCX
Mel46 wrote:As for the weight, my Burgman 400 weighs in at 480 lbs.
The Forza weighs 432lbs, similar weight to other 300cc machines.
Mel46 wrote:If they expect to compete with other maxi scooters they will need to offer something for leg protection and a proper windscreen.

People will buy it and add their own if they feel there is a need.
Looking at the shape of the Forza there seems to me to be adequate leg protection but a taller windscreen might be required for the softies.
Mel46 wrote:Honda should think about that before they offer it here.
Chances are they won't.
ItsaHonda
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ItsaHonda »

Urbanian wrote:
Mel46 wrote: Silverwing is discontinued in the US
That is a shame... I was really looking forward to seeing what Honda would do with the next gen Silverwing to better compete against the new Burgman 650 which just underwent a nice major redesign for 2013.
Alex
2011 Suzuki Burgman 650
2011 Honda PCX 125
happyscooter
Regular User
Regular User

Post by happyscooter »

omg i hope it comes to the u.s ill get one