New PCX150 owner

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

Fez

New PCX150 owner

Post by Fez »

Just started a new job that is 13 miles back roads, 3 lights & 5 turns! Came with a signing bonus so I decided that a scooter would be the smart thing to do!! Did some research and settled on the PCX150, enjoyed reading this forum when looking for a ride, so I decided to join!
Marc-PCX.jpg
Marc-PCX.jpg (108.26 KiB) Viewed 1328 times
Shan-PCX.jpg
Shan-PCX.jpg (121.9 KiB) Viewed 1328 times
I'm thinking that the "trouble & strife" might be wanting one of her own in the near future! And no, she's not really either of those things :lol:

Thanks for being a great resource and for doing a forum "right"!

Marc
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Re: New PCX150 owner

Post by strkngfang »

Welcome, Marc & I hope you enjoy your ride. The red looks great, I see all black ones, of the few that I've seen, like my wife's & good friend.
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

When we were looking at them we had done some research and knew there were red ones even though they only had black on the floor. My said red or nothing. They just happened to have one still in the crate in the back! Red is great for being seen. We also bought bright vests so that we would be seen. The first vests were like those you buy in Walmart for road workers. They work well. I would advise getting some. People have a 'scooter blindness' and can actually look right at you and not see you. We have that problem here all the time. Otherwise, the PCX is a great little scooter. I hope you enjoy yours as much as we enjoy ours. Congrats on your choice. If you get a tall windscreen you will find it to be the perfect travel mode. :D
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

You picked a fine scoot to enjoy your back roads on. I think you may be right, give your wife a hand at the reins & it's ........"I Want One Too!" 8) Keep us posted :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

Congrats on both the new Job and the PCX.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

~Cheap_Ride~ wrote:Congrats on both the new Job and the PCX.

And the burd
Fez

Post by Fez »

Thanks for the warm welcome, and also for the great job with all of the input on this site. I just ordered my first 'mod', a clock from the highly recommended clocks4bikes that you guys have talked up and shown pics of!! I'm also considering a cover for the rain, and possibly something sturdier for the winter months until I decide to winterize it. I saw some feedback on the bike barn, so I'll look into that option as that seems like a great idea and close to what I'm looking for!
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Welcome to the forums, and congrats on your PCX! Glad you've enjoyed the site :D

I used a generic cover from Wal-Mart for 2 years, the Large size fits the PCX well with a windshield on it. The bike barn is almost $400, you can get a full shed at Home Depot for roughly that much -- I'd look into that too if you have room. An aluminum shed will hold up better and protect the bike more.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Fez

Post by Fez »

@maddiedog, thx for more good advice! A trip to the local WM produced a Paul Jr "Sport bike" cover for $30. I also looked at Lowes and found some great options for sheds. I might even spend a little more and go with one of the larger plastic variants as I have 5 kids and quickly lost space in the two existing sheds!!