Today's Quick Pic

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Today's Quick Pic

Post by WhiteNoise »

Preface: This post is Not intended to stir up a Political Discussion or Any No-No on board discussion. I was just surprised at seeing this while out n about.

Weds., went for a vanilla hot fudge sundae at...Dairy Queen! Do they have the very best Ice Cream? Why Yes, They Do!! :D
Anywho, I saw a Fire Dept. dangling this HUGE U.S.A. Flag across/above the street in front of me. I just had to take a pic.
I'm asking.....Why all the holes? Zoom in. o_O
Attachments
Resized952016100595152457.jpg
Resized952016100595152457.jpg (108.13 KiB) Viewed 2000 times
Resized_20161005_152454.jpg
Resized_20161005_152454.jpg (151.96 KiB) Viewed 2000 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

The holes somewhat stop it billowing like a sail in the wind and knocking down those cranes.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

That's right, but look at where they used cable to anchor the flag on the lower left and right :roll: Would you politely go into the fire station and explain the cabling is too low and a trucker would catch those cables and bring the ladder trucks down on their sides. People are interesting, small town goofiness. :D BE POLITE, just express your concern for safety... you love the intent :lol:
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

My old rides from 2013-2016, I think they are fun but atm just so tired of shifting a clutch and the nimbleness of the PCX is actually more fun than speed to me. I lived at Seattle at the time, the traffic is a nightmare. The FZ6R out of the 3 has the best motor, its has to me an amazing sound like a small jet, but it was a pig ( heavy like one). The Ninja 650 was fun but the heavy engine braking took suck, the R3 was probably the most user friendly, it did it all. However as said before after riding motorcycles from 2000 to 2015 shifting became a bore. So here I am down to a 125 and loving it, all those bikes were bought as new I will NEVER do it again buying new vehicles, buying used is way more $$$$ for the wallet. I miss the FZ6R's motor the most, if only Yamaha could update that bike to 410 pds, it weight something like 472 pds full of fuel.
:geek:
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

WhiteNoise wrote:Preface: This post is Not intended to stir up a Political Discussion or Any No-No on board discussion. I was just surprised at seeing this while out n about.
Weds., went for a vanilla hot fudge sundae at...Dairy Queen! Do they have the very best Ice Cream? Why Yes, They Do!! :D
Anywho, I saw a Fire Dept. dangling this HUGE U.S.A. Flag across/above the street in front of me. I just had to take a pic.
I'm asking.....Why all the holes? Zoom in. o_O
This is often done for a firefighter's funeral drive past. The casket is carried on a firetruck and driven past the fire hall one last time, typically on the way to the cemetery.

And like Chicaboo commented. The slits across the flag are so that it does't catch the breeze as strongly.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
sunshine
Year: 2016 PCX
Color: black

Post by sunshine »

Double rainbow
Attachments
IMG_20160930_185043.jpg
IMG_20160930_185043.jpg (104.54 KiB) Viewed 1925 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

sunshine brought us 2 beautiful rainbows! Thank you. :P May I ask, what is that big piece of equipment on the left?
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

This past weekend's weather was spectatcular! In the mid 60's with fabulous Blue skies. A few spotty clouds here n there. The Sun was near blinding. 8) Don't look at it!
Here's one of the many photos I just Had To Take!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (299.42 KiB) Viewed 1897 times
sunshine
Year: 2016 PCX
Color: black

Post by sunshine »

WhiteNoise wrote:sunshine brought us 2 beautiful rainbows! Thank you. :P May I ask, what is that big piece of equipment on the left?
Its a lorry mounted with a crane. I working in a site so using it to lift heavy equipment.
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by tbln930 »

Some fall pictures

2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

VERY nice photos tbln, your new strom looks Hot! Enjoy and Remain Safe!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

I have lotsa pics from a recent ride but this one is colorful. The trees were barely turning. It took so long this year for them to change and then we had a cold snap, with bad winds and rain. Their leaves have been 1/2 stripped away. I hope to get a few more pics taken before their naked. Anywho....
"You Know How I Love The Park"
(Who said it?)

PCX Hopscotch
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (335.24 KiB) Viewed 1772 times
DailyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2017
Color: Dark blue

Post by DailyRider »

Ooooo, nice! A gleaming white bike in the crisp fall sun.
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

Another fast white. Weather is perfect to go riding here in Thailand

Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

No sense sitting in the heat of the sun.
Bike in Shade.jpg
Bike in Shade.jpg (45.25 KiB) Viewed 1714 times
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

It always amazes me to see photos like this ^ Always!
How the heck do you all get around each other (cars, trucks, buses included), without scraping each other up, bumping into each other and even knocking each other down! Mirrors are poking out everywhere too. I imagine some even get mowed down and run over o_O Awful thought :cry:

Geez you must have stories to tell! Light a campfire, I'm all ears!

kram, I'm thinking you've named yourself "kram" for another reason. Did you ever think of that?

>>> "Riding kramnam Style" <<< :D Writing that just reminded me of this:
(Do Not Do This At Home! :lol: Yeah, like you could do THIS on yer PCX :lol:)

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

A few more pics before nature turns earth to White and WN is camouflaged
Attachments
Lonely Bench waiting for thee
Lonely Bench waiting for thee
image.jpeg (140.14 KiB) Viewed 1708 times
Where...the Birds are
Where...the Birds are
image.jpeg (159.87 KiB) Viewed 1708 times
Plane in the Park
Plane in the Park
image.jpeg (240.09 KiB) Viewed 1708 times
Posing in the Park
Posing in the Park
image.jpeg (271.34 KiB) Viewed 1708 times
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

WhiteNoise wrote:A few more pics before nature turns earth to White and WN is camouflaged
Where were those pics taken? I used to live on LI but it has changed so much from my time there. During my youthful years I was a lifeguard at Jones Beach.. Many yrs ago however.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yes ER I recall you mentioning that you were once a Long Islander and lifeguard at Jones Beach. My friends and I spent most of our beach days at Tobay. We were from the Town of Oyster Bay so we got in free (with our window sticker's).
Pics above were taken in Heckscher State Park, East Islip/Great River area and in Bayshore near Captain Bill's Restaurant. I think the valet boys wanted to park my scoot :lol: jokesters! Not taday! I saw their eyes gleaming as I rolled in past them. So many beautiful cars in the lot and cruisers in the water to drool over and they were eyeing my scoot! Yeah...That was a hoot!
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

WhiteNoise wrote:kram, I'm thinking you've named yourself "kram" for another reason. Did you ever think of that?
:lol: :lol: :lol: Never thought of that, but if the shoe fits ..... put in on him. ;)

The hardest challenge I have, particularly with other bikes and my being a relatively novice rider, is trusting what the other riders do considering the 'rules of the road' over here and how they are somewhat different than what I am used to. For example. it is pretty much the person in front gets the right away for things like entering traffic and changing lanes. If you are a little behind, then give way, which I am certainly not used to from North America. It is a challenge for me to ride that way, but I need to be sure that my riding is fitting in so that I don't become a hazard to others.

I am not sure that that makes sense. You kind of need to experience it.