To the store on the FORZA

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

To the store on the FORZA

Post by easyrider »

Just installed a cam mount on the front facia..checking for vibration.. Need more wind abatement( need solution..) No snow today :D In fact never around these parts.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zKASn0 ... sp=sharing
Lafree
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: White

Re: To the store on the FORZA

Post by Lafree »

Hi, Show a picture of the camera and mount you are using .
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

....sigh .... I wish we were a bit warmer here ...... hoping for a few 50s degree days coming up ..... age keeps me from riding when colder than that.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017

Post by PCX150Rider »

Hey Easy Rider. . .check the link to the vid below. Hope it helps!

Great footage. We are in for an Arctic wave up here on the Sound. Just had snow a few days ago. I've put the PCX on pause for a while and started using my 49cc Roughhouse salt machine again. 8)

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+ ... #kpvalbx=1
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by easyrider »

Very helpful video.. Thanks!
FYI.. I am using an ION air Pro and the mic is built in and no way to silence it as per manufacturer. I have it temporarily mounted on the side fairing up front with some stick um putty. It grabs and holds it well, but I will design a better mount using a swivel tripod type mount shortly. This location was just a test . The final will be coming shortly. I was also thinking of using a dead cat for the wind noise . I tried covering up the holes of the mic but to no avail. The foam is coming . Thanks for the comments and advice..
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017

Post by PCX150Rider »

Maybe an external mic would be better? . . .with the correct cable jack size of course. It would have to automatically disable the internal mic when it was plugged in. Maybe that would accept a dead cat type windscreen or be OK as is. Just guessing. :geek:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thanks ER I enjoyed every minute of that! :P Oh I miss riding those quiet Florida roads. I miss the scenery, the farms, the horses, the Fall and Winter Weather. The sunsets!
Were you riding in Ocala? Or somewhere North of Tampa?
Your video was pretty darn good for a test run! Oh and I heard your oldies but goodies and your turn signals :D Yep, they're loud enough. Cool!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by easyrider »

WhiteNoise wrote:Thanks ER I enjoyed every minute of that! :P Oh I miss riding those quiet Florida roads. I miss the scenery, the farms, the horses, the Fall and Winter Weather. The sunsets!
Were you riding in Ocala? Or somewhere North of Tampa?
Your video was pretty darn good for a test run! Oh and I heard your oldies but goodies and your turn signals :D Yep, they're loud enough. Cool!
Thanks for your comments.. You have a good memory of Florida.. I was actually in an Area north of Tampa, but you are sooo right Ocala has the most beautiful horse farms and the winding hilly roads with the overhanging oaks are indeed a beautiful tour. Perhaps I can do a video some day.I was surprised as well of the first go at mounting the cam . Once I get the parts I will post the finished project. I think audible signals are important on a motorcycle. Leaving them on could be disastrous for a rider.. Long Island Sound is beautiful as well. Used to fish Cold Spring Harbor when I was a kid.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Fishing in Cold Spring Harbor...Yes! As a teen, Me too. I would rent a row boat, head out at 6am. It was Beautiful, the water like glass. Fish nipping at the surface. What a sight. Caught ____loads of porgy's! And always got....a bad, bad sunburn (actually sun poisoning one time).
Ah, to do it all again :P

Nearby is the Fish Hatchery on 25A. Were you there as a kid/teen? I Haven't been that way in ages. Everything has changed so drastically on the Island. Actually hard to recognize some of the older stomping grounds. My childhood home too. When I do arrive, I daydream of yesteryear. Warm fuzzies.

Keep on posting vids of Gulf side Florida and you'll be a pro soon...perhaps seen on Tampa Bay News one day :D I miss weatherman (rip) Dick Fletcher. He was the Best!

Be safe ER and Happy Holiday's! :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by easyrider »

Funny, me and a couple friends would also rent a row boat and head out at about 6 am.. We got a bunch of little crabs (bait) and would put them on a hook and fish the break front jetties.. we caught tons of Tautog (black fish) and huge ones. Had to be quick cuz they would take your line into the rocks and snag and cut it. Some great fishing back in the day.. Sorry for the changes. I know , I was back about a year ago and hardly recognized anything . Still nice..Love the east end and north fork.. Traffic Yikes !!!!!!!!!! Florida was a fantastic move and never regretted it but those homeland roots harken back from time to time. Hopefully I will post more pics... Yes he was a good weatherman !!!