Some of my other bikes

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Some of my other bikes

Post by springer1 »

Here's a Norton I restored literally from boxes and tubs. No longer have it, unfortunately wasn't matching #s, mostly original except for Corbin seat, Mikuni carb, and homemade oil-air separator I built to accept venting from the PVC (outputs back to the oil tank and a tube to 1/2" above the drive chain. Also custom rewired without the horrible British bullet connectors. I didn't rebuild the engine myself, I left that to a more capable pro.

springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Some of my other bikes

Post by springer1 »

Here's my 1970 Triumph, "Roxanne". I've had her for about 30 years + / -. She's sweet to ride, almost like she watches out for me, I've never had a close call on her of any type. I've told my wife & kids I'll be seriously upset if she doesn't stay in our family, even if its just in a garage or basement. Completely original except for new paint, clutch, clutch throwout bearing, tires & battery. As long as I use no-ethanol gas, she'll still start in just 2 kicks even after sitting 3-4 winter months. Always has.

kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Sweet looking old school bikes. Thanks for posting the pics.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I remember the days of old when the Triumph first arrived on the shores of the United States and became serious competition for the Harleys. The Bonneville was the bike to beat, though it had this one flaw in that road debris could puncture the aluminum case, or if you had an accident the shifter could do the same thing...and let's not forget the wiring that ran under the seat. It could rub raw and ground out the electrical system. Otherwise, it was a fast easy to ride bike.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

What? No K70's?????

http://www.britcycle.com/Products/555/tyre_K70_f.jpg

Just kidding. . .really nice looking machines. I got a chance to ride a Norton 850 Commando once. . .one up and three down.

Oh the Bonnevilles. . .the Zener Diode. . .push the primers on the carbs. . .34mm Amal? Dry sump oil system. . .KLG plugs (can't remember what size).

I only had the Trophy 250 for a while but rode with a lot of people who had Bonnevilles and Nortons. It was a big deal to own one despite the leaks and Lucas Electrics. Harley was in turmoil. . .enter AMF. . .and Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, and Kawasaki were coming on the market with bigger, faster, stronger, more reliable machines in leaps and bounds. They put a lot of effort into winning races and had numerous dealerships. :D
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by springer1 »

....Had 3 different BSA 441 Victors at various times, loved those bikes. People said they were hard starting but they didn't know how to use the compression release. I'd let my neighbors fruitlessly try and kick start a 441, when they'd give up I'd then have my 12 year old daughter kick it over no problem.

Never EVER kicked any of these over straddling the bike with it on it's (left) side-stand like the Novices would. Doing so bends the stand or the frame boss - which is why so many survivors lean over so bad. Just walk up to the bike's right side, grab the bars and front brake - and kick it with your right foot.

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Beautiful.

How is the fishing going?
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by springer1 »

How is the fishing going?
LoL - only fair to middlin' - haha
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

I've got to watch my "Woodstock" tape (yes tape) again and see if it is indeed a BSA 441 Victor that Michael Lang rode away on after an interview he did while the concert ground at Yasgur's Farm was still being set up. :geek:
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

those are GREAT!
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Yup, I was right. . .Lang was indeed riding a BSA 441 Victor in the movie Woodstock (although only shown twice briefly) and it was the same as yours. Glad I still have some brain cells left to remember that! :lol:
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by springer1 »

Yup, I was right. . .Lang was indeed riding a BSA 441 Victor in the movie Woodstock (although only shown twice briefly) and it was the same as yours. Glad I still have some brain cells left to remember that! :lol:
LoL was he throwing a rooster-tail of Woodstock mud ?? The 441 was made in 2 versions, the Victor Special - a scrambler which is in my photo, and the Victor Roadster which was strictly a street bike and had a very different tank & sheet metal. Both had a very light flywheel compared to the BSA Goldstar and Norton singles, but their 441cc engine was all ball and roller bearings and seriously durable.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Same as yours - Victor Special - Yellow and Chrome looking tank. It wasn't raining yet when the footage was taken. The whole event was in the early stages.

I made a trip there a couple of times and also visited the museum just a few years ago. I wasn't quite old enough to attend the original concert. . ..

Here's a pic of what the place looks like today looking out across the field. The stage was set up on the far left lower portion of the picture. :o
P1010003a.jpg
P1010003a.jpg (237.89 KiB) Viewed 815 times
This pic was taken from behind where the stage was. You have to imagine what it would have been like playing in a band back then looking out across the many thousands of people who attended. Helicopters flying around bringing in performers and supplies because the roads were jammed. 8)
P1010025a.jpg
P1010025a.jpg (233.04 KiB) Viewed 815 times
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

motos-cc-honda-pcx.jpg
motos-cc-honda-pcx.jpg (63.08 KiB) Viewed 762 times
I saw this on the web. It is a PCX made in Vietnam .
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by springer1 »

I saw this on the web. It is a PCX made in Vietnam .
Sheeez. Wouldn't the tires and other stuff slow that PCX down ? Or is this some sort of spoof from a photo-mod ... or whatever that editing is called?