Why no SH300i forum on here?

General Honda SH300i or SH150i chat, questions, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Why no SH300i forum on here?

Post by Mister Paul »

It's a better scoot than the Forza 300. Is there any reason why it's not included on this site?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Why no SH300i forum on here?

Post by Mel46 »

Probably because this forum started out as a PCX forum. Then the Forza was introduced, and since it was heavily discussed before it came out it seemed natural to continue the discussions, so it was included. Then there was a suggestion that the forum be split between the two. Very little has been mentioned about the SH300i.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

:) Hello Mr Paul, is there not an existing SH300i forum for you to participate in? I'm hoping so.
Mel is correct in what he stated. At this time we're a PCX and FORZA forum only. Sorry we cannot accommodate you now.
~Be Safe & Happy Trails~
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Daguang
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014
Color: white

Post by Daguang »

SH300i is a perfect scooter for commute, but not better than Forza 300, pls. And, it's only popular in Europe....
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

And not exactly available in USA - not that THAT counts for much in scooterland.

Actually, one of the things I like about this particular scooterland is the variety of countries represented. China - Turkey, Cyprus - Thailand (obviously) - Austraila - New Zealand - UK (I should probably alphabetize the list so no one feels dissed), but sharing pictures and information here makes the world a smaller, friendlier place than one would believe from the news.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

...and don't forget Japan, and Canada, and all the European countries, and islands in the Pacific and islands in the Atlantic (don't forget Bermuda, even if it is small) ...and South America ...and Africa ...and Asia and ... and any we missed. That is the great part about this forum, you can't really tell where anyone is from by anything other than their particular bike model. It is too bad that the rest of the world can't take a page from our forum and learn how to help each other and just be happy.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

GeorgeSK wrote:And not exactly available in USA - not that THAT counts for much in scooterland.

Actually, one of the things I like about this particular scooterland is the variety of countries represented. China - Turkey, Cyprus - Thailand (obviously) - Austraila - New Zealand - UK (I should probably alphabetize the list so no one feels dissed), but sharing pictures and information here makes the world a smaller, friendlier place than one would believe from the news.
Dissed.

The U.K. isn't a country any more than it is an island.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

It Isn't? I know that the U.K. has Ireland as well as their main island, but why isn't it considered a country?? The United States has 50 states, of which the last two are not directly connected to the continent. There are also Commonwealths that are associated with the United States, so it is confusing, but it is still considered a country. So, what is the United Kingdom if it isn't a country??
Note: I took geography back when the USSR was considered a country, so I am way, way behind the changes in this new world.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Mel46 wrote:It Isn't? I know that the U.K. has Ireland as well as their main island, but why isn't it considered a country?? The United States has 50 states, of which the last two are not directly connected to the continent. There are also Commonwealths that are associated with the United States, so it is confusing, but it is still considered a country. So, what is the United Kingdom if it isn't a country??
Note: I took geography back when the USSR was considered a country, so I am way, way behind the changes in this new world.
The UK is not a county because it is a Kingdom made up of four countries (England, Northern Ireland (not Ireland), Scotland and Whales), with the full name being United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. My understanding is that Great Britain is comprised of England, Scotland and Whales, but not Northern Ireland. I am not up on my history enough to know the details of the addition of Northern Ireland. Ireland (different than Northern Ireland) is a separate self-governed country.

And then there is the Isles of Man to throw confusion into the mix. According to a Google search, the Isle of Man (located in the Irish Sea) is not part of the United Kingdom, but is a possession of the British Crown with an independent administration. Its inhabitants are British citizens.

And technically, the United States has 49 states directly connected to the continent of North America, with only Hawaii not being connected. Though Alaska is a not part of the 48 contiguous states (the 'lower 48'), it is connected to North America.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:It Isn't? I know that the U.K. has Ireland as well as their main island, but why isn't it considered a country?? The United States has 50 states, of which the last two are not directly connected to the continent. There are also Commonwealths that are associated with the United States, so it is confusing, but it is still considered a country. So, what is the United Kingdom if it isn't a country??
Mel Stop digging. Ireland as The main island of the UK. now I know you are kidding :D :D :roll:

Ireland is a completely separate country in its own right. As in Canada and the USA. Not part of the UK.

England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland are four separate countries known as the United Kingdom. (Not the same as the United States as that consists of states not countries although there are similarities). The United Kingdom is not a country in itself, it is a political union and Sovereign state

The mainland, the island next to Ireland and Northern Ireland, the biggest one, is called Great Britain and consists of England, Wales and Scotland. Great Britain is not a country in itself it's a landmass.

There's also rest of the islands around the Mainland, thousands of them, called the British Isles.

Simples.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Bushmills or Jameson. . .??? One for now. . .one for later. o_O :o :lol: 8)
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

See how much typing I saved with "UK"?
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

kramnala58 wrote:
Mel46 wrote:I am not up on my history enough to know the details of the addition of Northern Ireland.
It wasn't that Northern Ireland joined but rather "southern Ireland" left the UK to become Ireland, or the Irish Republic, just after the First World War.

Since most of you Americans are "Irish" shouldn't you know this?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

My great grandmother was Irish, straight from Ireland, but that is all that I know about her.
There are a lot of things that we, as Americans, should be up on but if we as individuals don't keep up with the world beyond our borders, then to us everything stays the same. I think someone once put it this way, "out of sight, out of mind".
That is not to say that we are not concerned about the violence that goes on over on that side of the ocean. We are. And appalled. However, many of us are so consumed with just staying alive and healthy here that we do not pay much attention to country names. I couldn't tell you where many of the newly renamed or separated countries are that came about after the USSR broke up. Yes, I plead ignorance and I apologize.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

I for one, am not Irish. I am of Austrian and Finnish decent.
I was Not aware that most American's are Irish? So I did "the Google" (that sounds like a dance! :lol: Anywho, results came in saying German 1st then Irish. I believe that. I've met many a folk living the life in the good 'ol US of A.
However, the very first love of my life was Irish. Beautiful red hair and complexion, tall with blue eyes. Sigh...lovely memories

Know that it wouldn't matter to me at all if Irish or any other came first. I'm still who I am first ;) :P
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 NSS300A

Post by E. Foster Salsbury »

Can someone change the title of this thread? Lessons in Geography? or maybe Geography 102?
Salsbury
2015 Forza 300ABS-2km 10/17/2015
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Indeed ;) let's drop that topic and get back on topic.
Ah yes, "Why no SH300i forum on here?"
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

2017 SH300i... looks like a Honda scooter to me ;)
Attachments
sh300white.jpg
sh300white.jpg (53.24 KiB) Viewed 5668 times
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

The UK is comprised of two countries, one principality and one province.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I for one don't like the style on that SH300i. I don't like scooters where I have to flat foot it when riding. It just doesn't seem like a natural riding position. I came from a motorcycle world, so I like scooters that look a lot like motorcycles. I started my scootering on a Burgman 400. The PCX is much smaller but still gives me that motorcycle-like feel when I ride.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150