Woot! The Sena 10C Bluetooth with Camera

Riding jackets, pants, boots, GPS, toolkits, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Woot! The Sena 10C Bluetooth with Camera

Post by WhiteNoise »

10C - A breakthrough! I just saw this online! Brilliant having 2 in 1 8) Headset and Camera!
and,...it's lighter than others. There's an optional handlebar remote. No viewing yer footage, and adjusting the viewer takes a try or two, but No biggie. Yeah it's got it's kinks but Sena will be ready to improve. Take a look at some footage in the video below. Looks good nuff to me :P

So how quickly do we jump at this? Pricey? Yes. But when you think about it, and break down the two stand-out features, is it really? A Go-Pro can cost this...right?

Now my questions: Will it fit a modular lid? How about a Nolan like mine, the N-104? The N-104 has a pre-existing fit port for their own headset's, right in the area where this Sena's mount plate would be fixed (FYI: I read about the N-com's headset's and I'm not biting. Boo!).
Do you think the 10C will fit the N104?

This Sena seems a treat :P

VIDEO:

INFO:
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sena ... set-camera
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Re: Woot! The Sena 10C Bluetooth with Camera

Post by tbln930 »

I researched it until I saw the price a while back. Cameras are so inexpensive it just didn't make sense to me. Look at the new Session Hero 4 mini cam for quality or the new Innova C3 for best price. I have the Sena smh10 and really like it.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:10C - A breakthrough! I just saw this online! Brilliant having 2 in 1 8) Headset and Camera!
and,...it's lighter than others. There's an optional handlebar remote. No viewing yer footage, and adjusting the viewer takes a try or two, but No biggie. Yeah it's got it's kinks but Sena will be ready to improve. Take a look at some footage in the video below. Looks good nuff to me :P

So how quickly do we jump at this? Pricey? Yes. But when you think about it, and break down the two stand-out features, is it really? A Go-Pro can cost this...right?

Now my questions: Will it fit a modular lid? How about a Nolan like mine, the N-104? The N-104 has a pre-existing fit port for their own headset's, right in the area where this Sena's mount plate would be fixed (FYI: I read about the N-com's headset's and I'm not biting. Boo!).
Do you think the 10C will fit the N104?

This Sena seems a treat :P

VIDEO:

INFO:
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sena ... set-camera

Needs a cup holder and to be fluorescent to be perfect
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

Come to think of it there are many helmets just the Sena mount doesn't work on. Its great on my Gmax GM54s modular cheapie.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

SECoda/tbln930
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

tbln, I will take a look at the two others you mentioned. I was so close at pulling the trigger on the Sena smh10.... then I spotted this new Sena 10C. Got me real interested.

My concern is that whatever headset I buy it won't fit my Nolan N104. Hmm, can any of them be worn on either side of my modular? I have a full face Shoei too for cooler months but I'm looking for fitment on the N104.

fish, you around? You have the N104 now. Do "You" think I could mount this Sena 10C (or any brand headset) in the location that Nolan supplies for "their" N-Com?
I hear the 10C calling my name. No, you can't hear that silly.
Here's the Go part: It just might be a Birthday gift :P On me Burthdey!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

SECoda/tbln930
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

@tbln, thanks a lot for sharing that link! It's well written. Re: installing the Sena SMH10 on a Nolan N104 modular helmet. Cool!
It looks a bit challenging (the exact cutting point) but I bet easy enough for me to do (if I choose to). Then one should close up gaps around the mount bracket to stop wind noise from entering. There was mention of Black Caulking? Really?
Funny, I remember David Masse (the author) from the Modern Vespa forum. Nice guy. I also took David's advice and read how Richard Machida installed his SMH10 headset on his Nolan N104. I was happy to read that both gents said the speakers fit snuggly...custom like. Nice to know I have this option, so thanks again for pointing me tuit ;)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

@tbln - Oh, and I'm still going to read about those 2 cameras you mentioned ;)

2yous, you crazy man! I laughed. Happy? Now...Where can I gets me one? a Yella fluorescent cupholder, that is. :D
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Watching the Revzilla youtube video, I prefer the 1080p video from a £36 camera off ebay (SJ4000) than the video from this unit (comes with lots of mounting bits n pieces) - this unit seems more pixellated and not as good quality overall.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

iceman, please be more specific. Which two units are you speaking of? Links?

I am a novice to action cameras and headsets. I do like the "idea" of the two in one (camera/Bluetooth in the New Sena 10C).
But, it's so new to the market, :roll: it will more than likely have its' kinks