Horn Mod...

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Horn Mod...

Post by homie »

I have heard you people on the issue of not being able to find the horn whilst evading an accident. If you know me I LOVE solving problems like this so lets JUST DO IT!

First, the modification I'm showing you is installed at your own risk of failure, or causing injury or death. I ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THIS MODIFICATION OR ANY VARIANT OF.

A patent search has been completed by me and a very similar but more complicated device was patented in 1998. That's all you need to know. And why we don't have this feature on our bikes is unknown but I have my suspicions.

However the solution is so simple that WE can do this ourselves NOW and as long as no one is selling the device commercially don't worry about it. So lets get started...

The item we need is a what industry calls a tape switch, ribbon or strip switch. These are common today on our assault rifle tactical lights and laser's but not in the 12v rating we need.

Please NO NOT DISABLE YOUR FACTORY HORN SWITCH just add this to the terminals inside the housing so both work.

Help me find the 12v tape switch, approximately 1"x 1/2" and I will go first, the rest is easy. This won't require any testing or field research, I can see this solves the issue and gives me an instinctive reflex action horn that doesn't require leaving the grip or reaching for. Different bikes, horns are all over the place, I would be putting this on all of them and never failing to blow one in a timely manner 8)

If I must, I can make the custom switch but I wouldn't be giving those to anyone. Best we find one we all can access. Sit on your bikes and see how easy this mod would be to use as the images show.
Attachments
Tape-Switch.jpg
Tape-Switch.jpg (26.54 KiB) Viewed 1210 times
horn mod.jpg
horn mod.jpg (79.83 KiB) Viewed 1210 times
out.jpg
out.jpg (88.1 KiB) Viewed 1210 times
in.jpg
in.jpg (90.69 KiB) Viewed 1210 times
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Horn Mod...

Post by homie »

Here is the guy trying to get this to industry, I feel his pain LOL
Don't be a fool, this is gambling you seldom win. I won once but its only a 1-400 chance of a successful patent in this country and that dosent factor in the stealing and legal defense of a successful patent. Best just make and enjoy the widget yourself.

https://www.google.com/patents/US5708244