Wing Mirror blanking bolt size and manual

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

M3NF
Year: 2016
Color: Black - Forza

Wing Mirror blanking bolt size and manual

Post by M3NF »

First off Hello to everyone.....

I just purchased myself a Honda Forza 125 in the silver/black (they said it the fastest version :P 2016 model ) I am from the UK.
I looking at adding my iPhone to it and seen the Honda phone holder which is a big no go for being practical so I plan to use a stock holder which I can mount on the spare screw port off the wing mirror hole on the brake res.

Anyone know what size bolt this is, as I am trying to locate a metal version instead of the stock plastic which is not able to handle it.
The stock part is 53174-116-670

Also being in the UK I am also on the hunt for a way to tear down the front end plastics and screen to fit a camera system, I have not seen a manual for this and no luck on a video either online, anyone able to help out ?

Thanks to anyone that can help
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-04-29 at 8.12.18 am.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-04-29 at 8.12.18 am.jpg (77.35 KiB) Viewed 1064 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Wing Mirror blanking bolt size and manual

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome to our forum(s) :P I did a quick search online (UK).
The screw I believe you're referring to is known as a "Plug, handle lever bracket" (#12).
See it here:
https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/pieces ... A+125.html
They say plug not screw. Do you see threads? I see the slotted head. So what is it?
Screw or plug?

:lol: I just added more fuel to the questionning fire. I'll leave now (heehee :oops: ) Happy Sunday!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
M3NF
Year: 2016
Color: Black - Forza

Re: Wing Mirror blanking bolt size and manual

Post by M3NF »

Thanks WhiteNoise for the welcome :)
The part is a screw thread plastic bolt but finding one in metal is not going well, I thought it would be a stock 10mm wing mirror thread size but the replacement I brought m10 x1.25p does not seem to fit.
Attachments
IMG_0253.JPG
IMG_0253.JPG (32.78 KiB) Viewed 1037 times