Immobiliser PCX125

Maintenance, guides, and walkthroughs for your PCX. Please do not post questions about repairing or fixing your bike here.

Moderator: Modsquad

northernmunky
Year: 2013
Color: red

Immobiliser PCX125

Post by northernmunky »

I've heard there is a way to fit an immobiliser to a PCX125 (2013 model) and suggestions on how to do this so that in the event someone tries to steal it they will be unable to get it started?
northernmunky
Color: red

Re: Immobiliser PCX125

Post by northernmunky »

A month and no responses. Seriously, has no-one invented a simple immobiliser that only allows a complete circuit from the battery when I press a hidden button that will confuse the F out of thieves?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Sorry, not much found on the topic.
Immobilizer heh? I did a quick search and came up with this:
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... mmobilizer
Hardly helpful. Where is it that "You heard" there was a way to fit one?

Let's wait a bit longer for other's to drop in, perhaps they forgot to come back to this topic. That could happen :P I do it all the time
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

I might be overly optimistic, but I don't live in a very infested area regarding bike theft, so I've never actually implemented one, but checked how could I do so if I ever wanted to.
After removing the rear body panels, on the right side of the bike there is a single wire connector attached to the loom, what seemingly connected to itself, and does not connect to any peripherial (it is a loop). It looked kinda suspicious, so I checked the wiring diagram. It doesn't show such a connector, but the brown-yellow color is for the fuel pump. Checked that if I disconnect the plug from itself - the fuel pump lost power indeed.
Based on the above I think that is the place what Honda has prepared to use as the point of "immobilisation".
I've bought a small circuitry from Ali which has two coded wireless electronic remotes sized as an RFID token and a base unit what needs 12v and has a switched connection output. After pushing the button on the remote you have two minutes to start the bike.
As I said I haven't installed this so far, and the solution needs testing. I don't know if the power is cut to the fuel pump then the idle stop function kicks in - if it is, it might be an issue what can be remedied by using a latching relay connected to the switched 12v supply of the bike.
Other option would be to use a hidden switch routed to the kickstand wiring. If the ecu senses that the kickstand is lowered (in other words the kickstand circuit is closed) it will stop the engine. Again a latching relay aould help here. If the bike is unpowered, the relay loses power, and closes the kickstand circuit, making it impossible to start the bike. After switching ignition on, one needs to push a button momentarily to get the ray energized, which cuts the shortcut on the circuit and enables starting. The push butoon can be replaced by a reed switch behind panels, what is magnetically sensitive and needs a small magnet to close - this would not even have button interface what could be found by the thieves.
Hope it helps.
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

Pictures of the connector I talk about
Note it is disconnected only for educational purposes. Normally it is permanently connected to run the bike.
The connector looks similar to an AMP econoseal single position sealed connector but I'm not 100% sure it would fit.
Connector type
Connector type
connector_624x624.jpg (273.31 KiB) Viewed 4351 times
Two parts of the connector disconnected
Two parts of the connector disconnected
fuel pump circuit conn-1280x960.jpg (355.72 KiB) Viewed 4351 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Top quality reply :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Indeed! Thank you Oyabun for going Beyond an answer. We got pics folks!!

This thread is on it's way to becoming.....
Wait for it.....
a PCX How-To :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Maybe a prompt thank you from the OP?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

northernmunky wrote:A month and no responses. Seriously, has no-one invented a simple immobiliser that only allows a complete circuit from the battery when I press a hidden button that will confuse the F out of thieves?
Yes, Sang Yang Motor, better known as Sym fit a mechanical immobiliser switch switch under the seat.

As seen in this review: http://www.justgottascoot.com/symfiddle2.htm
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Cube
Office Minion
Office Minion
Year: 2018
Color: Dark Pearl Blue

Post by Cube »

Someone here or on the other forum I haunt was trying to install one of these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/SPY-5000-MOTOR ... 1267254597
2018 Dark Pearl Blue PCX150
2007 Cyber Silver Metallic Silver Wing
2014 Glowing Red Forza 300
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I Have Heard that Fitting that Spy 5000 to a PCX is a real pain. Good luck with that one.

As for the fuel pump wire, even splicing an on/off switch there and hiding it under the seat should stop a thief from stealing your bike.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:I Have Heard that Fitting that Spy 5000 to a PCX is a real pain. Good luck with that one.

As for the fuel pump wire, even splicing an on/off switch there and hiding it under the seat should stop a thief from stealing your bike.

A thief with a van? :lol:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Well, it won't start at least. For the van part you will need to do something else.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
d1ckyh
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: Blue

Post by d1ckyh »

While it is not exactly legal, most places I go (primarily the grocery store), I try and park away from any street traffic so lifting it up and putting it in a van would be difficult. Honestly I don't go anywhere that would require me to be away from the scoot for more than 15 min. and if I go to a restaurant or something, It is always in my line of sight. Fortunately, I am able to park indoors so not concerned with theft at home.

I also do have an alarm and a alarm sticker in the center just above the gas tank lid. While neither will prevent it from being stolen, It give me a little piece of mind. Plus it is insured for theft.
PCX - Peace Comes with eXcellence

easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

northernmunky wrote:I've heard there is a way to fit an immobiliser to a PCX125 (2013 model) and suggestions on how to do this so that in the event someone tries to steal it they will be unable to get it started?
Why bother ?? Any professional will just pick it up and off they go.