How-to...? Or... When to...?

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

pxc-in-japan
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

How-to...? Or... When to...?

Post by pxc-in-japan »

I tried finding an answer on this.
Forgive me if it's a duplicate question.

2015/150 service schedule.
Without breaking any copyright laws, can anyone point me to the service schedule for my PCX?
I know you cannot just publish pages of the manual, but if there is already a basic 'At this mileage, do this....' page or document that you know of... thank you.

Besides the obvious oil change, air filter change, final gear oil, CVT component check/replace stuff...
What else should I be making sure I check, I wonder?

Thank you.
http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/pcx150/2015/staninjapan/408151]Image
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: How to...? Or... When to...?

Post by homie »

Sure someone will always give you specific details on whats due per the manual, but for now where are you at on mileage with your 2015? Have you used your dealer for anything yet? Most likely you can do an oil change and skip the valve check and just ride it to 5k
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Change the oil and ride it is my advice. If you do loads of miles invest in a manual. It isn't hugely more complicated than a decent petrol mower really.
pxc-in-japan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pxc-in-japan »

homie wrote:Sure someone will always give you specific details on whats due per the manual, but for now where are you at on mileage with your 2015? Have you used your dealer for anything yet? Most likely you can do an oil change and skip the valve check and just ride it to 5k
I talk in 'kilometres' unless I say otherwise... 1,000 is 620 miles.
Bought with 4,400 kilometres on it Jan 2016 (New oil at that time)
I changed...
Air filter @ 7000k
Oil @ 8000k just last week

Currently at 8,300k or about 5200 miles.

Next I will remove the back brakes to clean them and re-grease the lobe/cam with heat-resistant grease, as it needs doing about every 4 or 5 k on my Suzuki scooter and I guess brake dust builds up in any drum brake the same. If not, they may start to stick (not return immediately when releasing the brake lever - I really hate that.

I'll do the final drive/reduction gear oil @ 10,000k and check the spark plug then, too and replace if excessively soiled or corroded or blackened. See no need for Iridium ones (which I do use in my 650 twin), as for a scoot the regular ones are OK.

I'll remove the CVT belt / rollers / clutch assembly @ 10,000k, too.
Check the belt and rollers for wear.
Disassemble the clutch and clean out the centre where it slides onto the shaft and then re-grease with the same heat-resistant grease (Suzuki Super Grease Type A).

I'll change the brake fluid this autumn as the scoot will have been on the road two years by October.

Oh... and I will get round to stripping the whole dame thing down (nervous about the plastics) so I can check/adjust the valve clearances as soon as I can - a week or four from now I guess.

Other than that, nothing comes to mind. :)
No I have not used the dealer (A Yamaha dealer who sold it to me slightly used) for anything except the oil change just before I picked it up from them.
pxc-in-japan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pxc-in-japan »

you you wrote:Change the oil and ride it is my advice. If you do loads of miles invest in a manual. It isn't hugely more complicated than a decent petrol mower really.
Well, that's a fair comment, but I am one of those people who will think about all the time if I have not done as the maker suggests. I have the manual for my Suzuki scooter and bike, and service the Suzi scoot myself frequently. I am OK with the principals and practicalities of engines (except comp' controlled fuel injections etc), and that is why I disagree that 'just changing the oil and riding it' is enough :)

See my response just above (I guess just above) this one, where I say what I'll do even without the full specs. Thanks.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

pxc-in-japan wrote:
you you wrote:Change the oil and ride it is my advice. If you do loads of miles invest in a manual. It isn't hugely more complicated than a decent petrol mower really.
Well, that's a fair comment, but I am one of those people who will think about all the time if I have not done as the maker suggests.

You need to get someone else to help you then.

And someone to help you with the bike.