surging problem

Maintenance, guides, and walkthroughs for your PCX. Please do not post questions about repairing or fixing your bike here.

Moderator: Modsquad

Roadrash1950
Year: 2012
Color: burgandy

surging problem

Post by Roadrash1950 »

I havea 2012PCX 150cc i had it for awhile its my favorite scooter why? Its old reliable Ive put on 6K on it no problem just put on new front tire and ceramic brake pads recently it started doing this surging thing like its not getting gas or had water in the tank maybepartialy clogged injector so i put in part od a bottle of dry gas ,didnt work then i put in somefuel injector cleaner i drove 50miles to coral gales to pick up my wife.her car been in the body shop a woman who never drove before sideswiped her whole passenger side.on the way down i rode pretty gooas it warmed up it started surging and was slowing down on the way back it got progressivly worse we prayed traveling up 75 north that we break down and pay $100 for a towtruck by the time i pulled into the driveway we were down to 30mph i removed the side cover to see i put the scooter on center standi rolled the wheel and it was making a grinding sound i pulled the side coverthe expose the belt it looked fine not to much play or slapping the noise i heard was coming from the variator i have to buy the variator tool to remove it .any words of wisdom from the gallery remove it once before with a piece on bicycle tube and a large plumbers wrench I opened to suggestions this one got me stumped
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Re: surging problem

Post by Jge64 »

Do us a favor and if you’re going to write this on your phone and learn to use a period. This is impossible to read…
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI