The Honda PCX / Honda Forza Forums

Your predominant source of information for the Honda PCX 125, Honda PCX ESP, Honda PCX 150, and Forza 300. Now featuring a Forza 125 subforum!
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:50 pm 
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*
Thought I'd place these two fluid extractor's here, well....because it seems the proper place :D
(I re-use some of the extracted oil to clean tools, gardening equipment, and other misc doo-dads).

I own and have used this for oil removal: https://www.lowes.com/pd/LiquiVac-Oil-C ... em/1016407
Attachment:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 127.95 KiB | Viewed 283 times ]

I do Not own or use this, but it looks to do the job just fine: https://www.walmart.com/ip/TRAC-Outdoor ... r/27328297

Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 33.93 KiB | Viewed 283 times ]

To enter your location and other: Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of this page). Upon arrival, click Profile in left column. See the questions? Please Complete. Tis Simple. We Thank You Much (o;

"Miles From Nowhere, I Guess I'll Take My Time...Ohh yeah" Cat Stevens

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:29 pm 
Regular User
Regular User

Year: 2015
Color: White
Just a heads-up.
The manual says that the bike wants 800ml with a regular oil change and 900ml if the strainer is removed for cleaning.
Having just done mine, I saw no oil at all coming out of the strainer housing after draining the oil as normal.
So before you go ahead and put in 900ml after an oil change and strainer check, maybe just put in the normal 800ml and dip it after a few minutes.
My bike was on a level surface and on the centre stand, to be sure.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:31 pm 
Regular User
Regular User

Year: 2015
Color: White
WhiteNoise wrote:
Thought I'd place these two fluid extractor's here, well....because it seems the proper place :D
(I re-use some of the extracted oil to clean tools, gardening equipment, and other misc doo-dads).

I own and have used this for oil removal: https://www.lowes.com/pd/LiquiVac-Oil-C ... em/1016407
Attachment:
image.jpeg

I do Not own or use this, but it looks to do the job just fine: https://www.walmart.com/ip/TRAC-Outdoor ... r/27328297

Presumably you never need to undo the drain bolt then?
Nice idea, that gadget.
Wonder if we can get those here in Japan?
Thanks for the heads-up.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:44 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Is there a drain bolt with a deeper shank to make removal and tightening easier?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:43 am 
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Year: 2011
Color: White.
chicaboo wrote:
Is there a drain bolt with a deeper shank to make removal and tightening easier?

Do you mean the strainer cap? Its soft alloy and quite shallow. I use a socket i ground the shank off so it grips the cap better and doesn't slip off. They can get really tight.

One socket has been ground down, the other not.

Attachments:
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1485859419.484801.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1485859419.484801.jpg [ 74.95 KiB | Viewed 266 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:04 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Alibally wrote:
chicaboo wrote:

Do you mean the strainer cap? Its soft alloy and quite shallow. I use a socket i ground the shank off so it grips the cap better and doesn't slip off. They can get really tight.

One socket has been ground down, the other not.

Yeah, the strainer cap. :oops: I have hex impact sockets that are reasonably flat that might do the job without chewing the bolt/cap.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:34 pm 
Regular User
Regular User

Year: 2017
Color: white
EddieC wrote:
How to do an oil change on Honda PCX.

Once again, DISCLAIMER: I am not a professional mechanic. Do not take this as professional advice.

An oil change on the PCX is VERY easy and shouldn't take more than 10-15 min to complete.

Tools and Supplies needed:
1. RAGS.
2. 1 quart of 10w-40 or 10-30 oil. (see owners manual for best oil choice)
3. Oil pan
4. Funnel
5. 8, 12, and 17mm Sockets. Extension of any size will make life easier, but not necessary.
6. New crush washer MIGHT be necessary.

the oil doesn't flow so smoothly from our scooters. when the flow becomes slow, it tends to run down the center stand onto the floor. Position the oil pan like this to get most the oil.

remove oil drain bolt. (12mm) Located on the right side of the scooter next to the center stand hinge just beyond the exhaust pipe

remove 8mm bolt holding rear brake line (left side)

After all oil has drained Remove 17mm bolt/cover holding the oil filter. you will likely have to use your wrench the whole time when loosening since there is a spring holding tension on this bolt/cover.

the oil filter will spring out from behind the cover. Remove from engine casing

Clean the oil filter. I used WD-40 to spray the gunk out of the filter. This worked really well. I then rinsed the filter with ample amounts of water to dispose of the WD-40.
Before:

After Cleaning:

After oil filter is completely dry, place the filter spring and cap, back into the engine casing

Please remember to re-instal the oil drain plug. I generally replace crush washers every 10 or so oil changes. Some people replace every time. Do what you wish with your scoot.

remove oil dipstick and replace with funnel. Pour oil into the scoot. The scooter will take less than the full quart, but pretty close. Pour about 7/8 or so in, and verify the level with the dipstick periodically while filling. DO NOT screw dipstick into the threads when checking the oil. The proper reading will be found when placing the dipstick on top of the threads.

Replace 8mm brake line bolt, re-check everything, and you're good to go!

Why do none of this photo links work? Have they expired?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:53 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White
Photobucket fooled people for years with free hosting and one day recently decided to hold everyone ransom for 400.00 a year to see them. What I don't think they realized is the embedding people do in forums so they are now the most hated internet service on the planet. You should not store your precious photos on third party FREE servers and don't expect to see anyone paying to get their images backup.

PCX Whisperers: maddiedog- dem0nk1d- waspmike- dasshreddar- GN- sendler2112- honkerman- DAB- BPT7594- Oyabun- silverantec- chicaboo- ThailandPCX- Dragon_uk- k2apache6.0- pcx power-full- JaeMelo- markgj- Techno

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:02 pm 
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

homie wrote:
Photobucket fooled people for years with free hosting and one day recently decided to hold everyone ransom for 400.00 a year to see them. What I don't think they realized is the embedding people do in forums so they are now the most hated internet service on the planet. You should not store your precious photos on third party FREE servers and don't expect to see anyone paying to get their images backup.

Totally agree. It's like a cancer across the forums

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10