How-To: Install New NCY Brake Actuator Arm

Maintenance, guides, and walkthroughs for your PCX. Please do not post questions about repairing or fixing your bike here.

Moderator: Modsquad

honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

How-To: Install New NCY Brake Actuator Arm

Post by honkerman »

Hello folks. Been ghosting a bit. Keeping an eye on you all. Still doing videos for YouTube and still riding the PCX. I’ve been tweaking the brakes a bit, vids linked. Tell me what you think.

Braided brake line

Rear brake actuator
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
Inoplanetyanin
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: WHITE

Re: How-To: Install New NCY Brake Actuator Arm

Post by Inoplanetyanin »

Looks nice. I like your orange decals, definitely makes the black bike more visible and therefore safer.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Anything that improves brakes is a good thing!

Looks like adjusting the tension on the rear brake cable will be easier on the fingers than with the stock nut. :D
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: How-To: Install New NCY brake Actuator Arm

Post by honkerman »

Thanks gents. Yes, the orange does help with visibility. It's not perfect because I did it myself, but it's functional.

And yes, adjusting the rear brake tensioner is so much easier now.

I was also tickled that due to the complete lack of traffic I could just stop on the road and adjust it. The empty streets are eerie.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome back honkerman :) and thanks for your how-to video!! The Parts are cool and job Well done.
Speaking of how-to, I will be moving this thread over to that board where it will be readily found /helpful. I tweaked your title too ;)

I'm just now recalling how You always were interested in feedback on your video's sound quality. Well truth is I'm still hearing interference, (sorry). Does cut and splicing cause noise? Above all, I'm sure a lot of noise comes from wearing an open faced helmet - 3/4 or bucket (please lie if it was a bucket o_O Were you wearing a 3/4 in the video?

Nuff with the sound quality, the video itself was great and so were you! Very helpful and Sweet parts installed. Like button.
The orange rocks!! Ride safe and Stay well young man esp during this horrific Pandemic.
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

I wear a full closed face helmet. At higher speeds there is some wind noise but a lot of it is just the pipe. There’s nothing for it so I do most of my conversation at lower speeds with the visor down. I’ve compared to a lot of the other vids out there and they are all about the same when traveling above 40 MPH or so.

I almost posted in how-to but wasn’t sure if it qualifies.

The new parts are very nice. I am pleased with them.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube