where do I install my new Stebel Natilus on 2017 pcx 150

Maintenance, guides, and walkthroughs for your PCX. Please do not post questions about repairing or fixing your bike here.

Moderator: Modsquad

cstruck
Year: 2017
Color: white

where do I install my new Stebel Natilus on 2017 pcx 150

Post by cstruck »

I can't find any posts fpr installing the air horn on my scoot. Does it fit behind the headlight?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: where do I install my new Stebel Natilus on 2017 pcx 150

Post by Mel46 »

What I did with mine was to pull the windshield and the black instrument panel cover. There is a vast empty space there. It took some doing but I stuffed it in there and tie wrapped it in place. Make sure you run your wires first because there is no way to reach your hands up under there after you put the horn in there.

Also, I used a relay with mine and ran the power for the horn directly from the battery. I used the factory horn wires as the relay wires because those wires do not put out enough juice alone to activate the air horn. If you would like, you could tap into those oem horn wires right at the horn, leaving the original horn connected. Try it different ways and see what works for you.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
cstruck
Year: 2017
Color: white

Post by cstruck »

Thanks Mel, didn"t know the 13 and 17 were the same. I'm going to tee off the oem horn wire. that way I can beep the oem horn for peds and lay it on for SUV''''''S. my scoot has LED lights standard, would that make a diff?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

With the led version there may be a control module under the black hood. It still wouldn't hurt to look. It is not easy to get the black hood off. Use auto trim removal tools. You can pick them up just about anywhere. I saw some at Walmart the other day (automotive section). I purchased mine at Harbor Freight. Use them to remove any and all plastics. They come in handy.

Before installing the air horn I would suggest connecting the wires as you expect to have them hooked up and see if the horn works at all. When I tested mine, the air horn would not work hooked directly to the regular horn. Always test before installing.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers