Honda PCX Manual's

Maintenance, guides, and walkthroughs for your PCX. Please do not post questions about repairing or fixing your bike here.

Moderator: Modsquad

Gaikoku
Year: 2017
Color: Red/white

Re: Honda PCX Manual

Post by Gaikoku »

Hello folks,

As of yesterday I'm a new PCX owner! (first PCX, first scooter, etc.) Just delivered, still has its factory plastic wrapping on the seat and exhaust, etc.

I'm keen to start riding but also to get it right - conscious that with a new bike there may be "before you start" instructions, and of course advice on how to 'ride it in' (eg no cranking the throttle for the first 500km, or such).

Problem is: I'm in Japan. The manual is in Japanese. I don't read Japanese (much). Google translate is hilarious.

Does anyone have a 2015+ Owner's Manual in English, in PDF, to share?

(Also interested in service manual but not until later I suspect/hope...)

Thanks for any help!

(PS. In case interested: it's the model below. Doesn't seem to be available in these colours for European/US market.)
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Welcome! :D very interesting color combination red/white havent seen that before.

Unfortunately no one has taken the LED model PCX to PDF form yet.

I see Helminc has sold out again as fast as I posted they were available two days ago. Please click on the link and sign up for notification at Helminc. Get on the waiting list even if you don't buy from them to help us keep pushing for more LED PCX service manuals.

http://www.helminc.com/helm/product2.as ... itemtype=N

Get someone from the states to buy the 42.00 book and have it shipped to you... might be least expensive way.
nikoscyp
Year: 2011
Color: BLACK

Post by nikoscyp »

homie wrote:Welcome! :D very interesting color combination red/white havent seen that before.

Unfortunately no one has taken the LED model PCX to PDF form yet.

I see Helminc has sold out again as fast as I posted they were available two days ago. Please click on the link and sign up for notification at Helminc. Get on the waiting list even if you don't buy from them to help us keep pushing for more LED PCX service manuals.

http://www.helminc.com/helm/product2.as ... itemtype=N

Get someone from the states to buy the 42.00 book and have it shipped to you... might be least expensive way.
Dear friends and homie,

I am a new user of PCX 125cc of 2010 (second hand ) in Cyprus.
I have the black edition and i have a lot of questions.
(Tyres,oil,noises,paint the plastic covers etc)
I will post on separate post for each question.
But as a newbie i would like from homie or other user the link of pdf service manual for my scooter
You can send it in my email which is the username plus @gmail or through pm (if i can see them i dont know if i have the privileges.

Thanks nikos
nikoscyp

Post by nikoscyp »

Also for the pcx 150cc led version 2013-2017 there is electronic manual on ebay for 20 dollars and free shipping only
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/302465272595
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

nikoscyp wrote:Also for the pcx 150cc led version 2013-2017 there is electronic manual on ebay for 20 dollars and free shipping only
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/302465272595
Bro that's not a hard copy shipment it's the scanned version of LED PCX we've been looking for! YOU ARE THE BEST... Immediately bought that :lol:

Did you notice what it says... WOOT! Very curious how this will be sent to me since not email through ebay. Somebody is working the system LOL.
DIGITAL VERSION - you will not receive a paper copy or anything via mail. You will receive a link with PDF file within 24 hours.

I will send you your requested 2011-2013 link for PDF right away... check your forum message box.

THANK YOU!
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Check this guy out.... he's been at this a while. If I get my hands on this PDF I will have it hosted for a free DL at a third party site and that will be all she wrote 8)

http://stores.ebay.com/edusellerdiscount/
Blackroot
Color: midnight blue

Post by Blackroot »

My wife tossed my 2015 manual in trash when we moved. :(
I have a 2017 pcx now and its the same manual I am told.
everyone is sold out.
Any help would be great if you have a PDF!
Thanks everyone for your help
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

If you are not needing it right now give this a few days and we will have it PDF for all models & members. Should be some happy sorts across the pond soon since they've been getting ripped off for years over service manuals. PLUS more D.Y.I. rather than taking it up the pooper to save your warranty only to get a 2-300.00 oil change at 600 miles. Go spank the wife for me :D
Blackroot
Color: midnight blue

Post by Blackroot »

Thanks homie
nikoscyp

Post by nikoscyp »

thanks homie also for the pm
Gaikoku

Post by Gaikoku »

This looks like great news! Anyone know how much read-across there is between 125cc and 150cc post-2015 PCX models? (or if it varies e.g. by continent?)

Homie, many thanks for the pointers. So there's not even an Owner's Manual available in digital format for the LED PCX? (I've been Googling, not found anything...)

Not sure I know what to do with a Service Manual yet (not least because living in a Tokyo apartment means I have no room to keep much hardware for servicing...) - but very interested in that if a PDF is available? :)
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Gaikoku wrote:So there's not even an Owner's Manual available in digital format for the LED PCX? I've been Googling, not found anything.
Gaikoku, would you like to test my newly uploaded link to PDF DL for the latest 2013-2017 PCX service manual?

Please check your PM's and report back if you were able to get the new SM 8) 11:59 pm time in Tokyo Japan, hope you are awake :D
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Blackroot wrote:My wife tossed my 2015 manual in trash when we moved. :(
I have a 2017 pcx now and its the same manual I am told.
everyone is sold out.
Any help would be great if you have a PDF!
done... check your PM's

Special thanks to nikoscyp for finding the digital LED PCX SM
nikoscyp

Post by nikoscyp »

Homie can i have also this link for the 2013-2017 pcx?

Thanks again for the first pm
Gaikoku

Post by Gaikoku »

homie wrote: Please check your PM's and report back if you were able to get the new SM 8) 11:59 pm time in Tokyo Japan, hope you are awake :D
Sorry, just missed this. Thanks very much - it's a thing of beauty! Especially appreciate that it's searchable (so was scanned with OCR.) Now to find a place to print all 400+ pages...

(Now to just find an English language owner's manual for LED PCXs ... will update if i find anything)
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Gaikoku wrote:
homie wrote: Please check your PM's and report back if you were able to get the new SM 8) 11:59 pm time in Tokyo Japan, hope you are awake :D
Sorry, just missed this. Thanks very much - it's a thing of beauty! Especially appreciate that it's searchable (so was scanned with OCR.) Now to find a place to print all 400+ pages...
(Now to just find an English language owner's manual for LED PCXs ... will update if i find anything)
The Owners Manual's are small enough to be attached and do not violate forum rules to do so. Here is your LED PCX parts catalog if you don't have it already. Please make sure I notice the post if you do find a digital LED PCX owners manual.
Attachments
Parts Catalog Honda PCX150 NEW - 2ND EDITION.PDF
(7.82 MiB) Downloaded 264 times
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

nikoscyp wrote:Homie can i have also this link for the 2013-2017 pcx?

Thanks again for the first pm
done... and THANK YOU AGAIN for noticing that ebay seller had recently scanned in the latest PCX version service manual 8) maybe he will do owners manuals someday.
Gaikoku

Post by Gaikoku »

For anyone wondering how to search within the new SM - I opened it in Adobe Acrobat/PDF viewer (the free one) and used the search box. Although Ctrl-F should work in your browser too (I think). In Adobe you can also see the whole structure laid out in bookmarks. (should be a bar on the LHS with a bookmark icon on it.)

The hunt for an LED PCX OM continues. Looks like Honda might have shut down every version online after 2012 - I've checked every link Google throws up (apart from obvious clickbait/probable scam, "enter your credit card number to verify" type sites, which I haven't bothered with for obvious reasons). The only exception - weirdly, frustratingly, and ironically for me - is the Japanese OM, which you can download for free from Honda's Japanese site!

PS to note, I can't send PMs yet apparently - too new. Will keep posting and wait for that to unlock...
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Gaikoku wrote:PS to note, I can't send PMs yet apparently - too new. Will keep posting and wait for that to unlock...
Admin reports you need 15 posts before you can send/read private messages and there is nothing they can do to change that... goofy. Thanks for following up on the (how to open with OCR capability for the PDF) Apparently I need that better version of Adobe Acrobat or something because scrolling through 400 pages isn't going to work for me when my hard copy is sitting on the table 8)

Nothing really beats a hard copy when working on the bike especially doing the valve clearance adjustment. There are 14 sections you need to follow in sequence backwards through the SM to do the job by the book. Highlighting and using post-it tags becomes critical and I don't see how you can work with digital documents very easily for the heavy stuff. So maybe print it out and make your own binder?
WI_Hedgehog