The Honda PCX / Honda Forza / SH Forums

Your predominant source of information for the Honda PCX 125, Honda PCX ESP, Honda PCX 150, and Forza. Now featuring a SH300i / SH150i subforum!
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:52 pm 
Offline
Regular User
Regular User

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:29 pm
Posts: 127
Year: 2011
Color: 125 to HD200
I am thinking of going with the Yuminashi 164cc kit and running with the stock exhaust. Would this be an OK combination, they suggest aftermarket exhaust but I find the stock PCX exhaust quite good. Not loud at all.

http://www.yuminashi.eu/164cc-essentials-kit-pcx125-v1/

Here is the kit, I am thinking of just buying this only and none of the stuff Yuminashi suggest with it. Think it would be sufficient? I don't ask for much maybe a hr max freeway run at 65mph. And than coming back the city route, just gets real old city ability only all the time.

Thanks for any reply.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:57 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:55 am
Posts: 1111
You'll overheat badly with a stock exhaust on a BBK!
Oh, the heat that used to come off my radiator when I had a totally stock 150...

This is cheap, looks stock, and sounds amazing:
http://nolimitz-maticshop.com/en/honda- ... da-pcx-150
Buy it or someone will slap you.

That Yuminashi kit will be great, everything you need for a 125 really.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:12 pm 
Offline
Regular User
Regular User

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:29 pm
Posts: 127
Year: 2011
Color: 125 to HD200
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Racing-collecto ... SwaB5Xj4lO

Is this exhaust good for the kit?

Trying to find one that does not need the baffles replaced. I know Scorpion exhausts don't need baffles replaced but they don't offer one for the PCX.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:16 pm 
Offline
Regular User
Regular User

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:49 am
Posts: 145
Location: Swindon UK
Year: 2012
Color: Silver
chicaboo wrote:
You'll overheat badly with a stock exhaust on a BBK!
Oh, the heat that used to come off my radiator when I had a totally stock 150...

This is cheap, looks stock, and sounds amazing:
http://nolimitz-maticshop.com/en/honda- ... da-pcx-150
Buy it or someone will slap you.

That Yuminashi kit will be great, everything you need for a 125 really.

I have 164 yuminashi kit with stock exhaust and it overheats. But it overheats with aftermarket one from webike as well so it's not exhaust fault. I wish I have cut bigger holes in head gasket water ports when I put it on. Too late now. If I have to take the engine apart again I will put 150 head conversion from yuminashi.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:20 pm 
Offline
Regular User
Regular User

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:49 am
Posts: 145
Location: Swindon UK
Year: 2012
Color: Silver
87112 wrote:
I am thinking of going with the Yuminashi 164cc kit and running with the stock exhaust. Would this be an OK combination, they suggest aftermarket exhaust but I find the stock PCX exhaust quite good. Not loud at all.

http://www.yuminashi.eu/164cc-essentials-kit-pcx125-v1/

Here is the kit, I am thinking of just buying this only and none of the stuff Yuminashi suggest with it. Think it would be sufficient? I don't ask for much maybe a hr max freeway run at 65mph. And than coming back the city route, just gets real old city ability only all the time.

Thanks for any reply.

Go ahead and get it. It's well worth the money. I have overheating problems with mine but it's head gasket alignment rather than stock exhaust fault. [img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170213/18ad62314ceb814b580dfe26ff46e622.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:23 pm 
Offline
Regular User
Regular User

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:29 pm
Posts: 127
Year: 2011
Color: 125 to HD200
Can anyone suggest a aftermarket exhaust. No that does not ever need a baffle change.

So both of you guys are saying that kit for 418.00 dollars is sufficient enough with a aftermarket exhaust.

On the page Yuminashi is suggesting 4 other items which makes it a pain in the ass.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:31 pm 
Offline
Regular User
Regular User

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:49 am
Posts: 145
Location: Swindon UK
Year: 2012
Color: Silver
87112 wrote:
Can anyone suggest a aftermarket exhaust. No that does not ever need a baffle change.

It overheats on WOT if revs go higher when accelerate downhill. It doesn't overheat in traffic or in hot weather. 164 kit does everything on 1/3 throttle that stock would on WOT.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:37 pm 
Offline
Regular User
Regular User

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:29 pm
Posts: 127
Year: 2011
Color: 125 to HD200
Sounds like it would make the little PCX125 a pocket rocket.

How many hours does install take for a professional mechanic?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:45 pm 
Offline
Regular User
Regular User

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:49 am
Posts: 145
Location: Swindon UK
Year: 2012
Color: Silver
87112 wrote:
Sounds like it would make the little PCX125 a pocket rocket.

How many hours does install take for a professional mechanic?

Don't know. It took me two days and few beers. I'm amateur and it's taken more time to take plastics off than actual engine work. Have a go yourself and you might learn something. Great tutorial here on forum from Maddiedog. You'll be happy with the results. [img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170213/9e35337ce120533137ecd01b30ae8a2a.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Like what you see here? Buy the admin a beer! Donate at the link below:

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!