New Forza 125 owner

General Honda Forza 125 chat, questions about the Forza 125, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Dave79
Year: 17
Color: White/Blue

New Forza 125 owner

Post by Dave79 »

And also new to the forum.

I got my Forza yesterday and used it for its first commute to London this morning. I am really impressed with it so far, still running in though, so can't go to mad.

One question I do have though, I feel there is a lot of wind noise over the screen, I'm only 5 ft 11, so not the tallest. Is there a decent wind deflector that anyone can recommend?

Thanks
Date
Ps I'll say a proper his and post a picture later when not on my phone.
Last edited by WhiteNoise on Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Thread title word Corrected: from Format to Forza
My dad say more hast less speed. I guess that's true on a 125 ha ha!!!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: New Forza 125 owner

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome Dave :) glad you decided to join in on the fun...chatting with us and riding a Forza.

After I fixed the title to this thread, I noticed that you forgot to add your location in your profile.
Will you do me a favor now? :D Please add that info by following my easy directions below.
Thanks, and I hope to see a photo soon, Cheers!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Hi and welcome.
The standard screen is adjustable, try it in all the different positions before buying any addons.
Generally speaking screens make windnoise worse, so make sure you have good ear defenders in at all times.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Dave79

Post by Dave79 »

HA, sorry Whitenoise, is this better.
gn2 wrote:Hi and welcome.
The standard screen is adjustable, try it in all the different positions before buying any addons.
Generally speaking screens make windnoise worse, so make sure you have good ear defenders in at all times.
gn2
I have used the screen at full extension and its lowest setting, Still doesn't change anything, still very noisy. I would rather buy one than not have one I think.
adnewton
Year: 2016
Color: Forza, Silver

Post by adnewton »

Hi & welcome.

I tend to have it set lower than it's highest position. It helps with buffering but wind noise is still there.

Just need a good helmet to keep the noise out. I have a bluetooth system which will play music or radio - that tends to keep the wind noise at bay.

Give us a report on you're bike ( is it 2017my with keyless start? ) when you can. Worth finding out what others think of it.
Dave79

Post by Dave79 »

Ill try that.

I had a Kawasaki z300, before this so no windscreen and I have a Shark skwal helmet. It used to be so quiet, it was a joy. But for some reason, with the screen the noise, it a bit annoying. I have speakers in my crash helmet as well, which does help. If i have the visor open slightly this helps which is strange i know.

I'll get some decent pictures and write a report on it. It is a 2017, so it is the keyless version.

Dave
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Earplug suggestion seems to be falling on deaf ears...
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

you you wrote:Earplug suggestion seems to be falling on deaf ears...
It took a while, but that one was actually funny. :lol:
Dave79

Post by Dave79 »

you you wrote:Earplug suggestion seems to be falling on deaf ears...
:lol:

Don't worry, I have some of them too, (somewhere) so will be trying that too.
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

: ( I wish I could be only 5 feet 11, you might as well claim 6 feet at that height.
:geek:
Jockay
Year: 2019 Forza 300
Color: Blue

Post by Jockay »

I have a Forza 300 at the moment but had a Forza 125 for most of last year and in some ways I would prefer that I still had it.

Anyway I am also 5ft 11" and found the wind noise (whatever the screen position) was really horrendous on the Forza 125 so much so it really spoiled my enjoyment of what was otherwise an amazing machine.

I had to do something so I bought a Givi tall screen which was, for me, a total waste of money as it was way too high, unsightly and really did not solve the problem.

Next I bought a Puig V tech touring screen (clear) which really looked good but I found it to be no less noisy than the OEM screen.

In recent years I had used an MRA X-Creen (touring) on my Honda Swing 125 and my Kymco Downtown 300 and found it to be excellent as it reduced the wind noise and buffeting significantly on each scoot so I thought I would have one last try and bought a new clear X-Creen (touring) for my Forza 125 which I fitted to the Puig V Tech screen. Once again it transformed the bike and I was able to fully enjoy it thereafter.

Perhaps a X-Creen could be fitted to the Forza 125 OEM screen but I think the OEM screen might not be wide enough at the top to take the touring X-Creen - It may however take a sports X-Creen but not having had the smaller version I do not know how it would do.
Jockay

Post by Jockay »

PS

There are two methods of fitting a touring X-Creen i.e. Clamping or mounting - If clamped overall the screen plus spoiler is slightly higher than if the X-Creen is mounted.

A mounted (fixed) Xcreen looks very tidy but requires holes to be drilled in the screen whereas clamping is easy, quick and the X-Creen can be fitted and removed without damage to the screen.

I mounted the touring X- Creen to my Puig V Tech screen on the Forza 125 but have it clamped to the OEM tall screen on my Forza 300.
Dave79

Post by Dave79 »

Thanks Jockay

So in your opinion unless I change the OEM screen theres not a lot of point getting a deflector?

PS ear plugs worked great
Jockay

Post by Jockay »

I wear earplugs too to protect my hearing especially as most of my riding is on country roads, dual carriageways and motorways, but unfortunately I have found that they have not solved any of my wind noise / turbulence issues by themselves.

I think the sports X-Creen has a width of around 10.2 inches and a height of around 3.9 inches so it might better suit the Forza 125 OEM screen but I don't know how effective it might be.

I am very aware of the difficulties and frustrations in trying to sort out these problems especially as you cannot try an after market windscreen or spoiler before you buy.

It would be well worthwhile having a good browse of X-Creen suppliers' web sites and a look on You Tube too for more detail and guidance.