Recalls and other niggles

General Honda Forza 125 chat, questions about the Forza 125, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Recalls and other niggles

Post by iceman »

This is mostly a 'heads-up' for those thinking of buying one and perhaps a used '15 model which should have issues sorted if dealer sourced.
Latest recall affects early '15 batches (1st ones out) and needs the whole wiring loom replaced due to 'Water Entry In Wire Harness Coupler'. Others have had problems with the screen fasteners breaking soon after purchase (the screen manually goes up and down) and a few other issues. The wiring loom being the most significant recall so far.
Costly for a 125 being around the £4k mark, but owners seem to love riding it.
adnewton
Year: 2016
Color: Forza, Silver

Re: Recalls and other niggles

Post by adnewton »

Made in Italy so expect some build quality issues. All in all though, a great bike I think.
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

Say what, made where? I've never heard of a Honda scooter made in Italy.
:geek:
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

We are talking about 4Z's here right?
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Forza 125 is still quite popular for those wanting a higher rated 125 (even some full licence bikers posted on the FB Forza forum say they got fed up with gears and large sports bikes in town and love the new 125) - but as with any product a few lemons sneak through
Attachments
2015-Honda-Forza-125-002.jpg
2015-Honda-Forza-125-002.jpg (100.07 KiB) Viewed 2205 times
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

It seems really odd to me that Honda would build two machines so close in both spec and appearance as the Forza 125 and a PCX. I can only assume it is some legal-beagle stuff in some really big market?

It does look pretty nice, though. Two-tone (three, I suppose, counting the black trim), but quite tasteful.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

The blue / white is almost out of stock in the UK and Honda only supplying dealers with other colours (brown, red or such) - believe it's due to getting rid of old stock/colours. The Forza 125 costs £4000! and is not much faster than a PCX but owners love it.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

GeorgeSK wrote:It seems really odd to me that Honda would build two machines so close in both spec and appearance as the Forza 125 and a PCX. I can only assume it is some legal-beagle stuff in some really big market?
Nothing to do with law, the two are poles apart in both spec and physical size.
The Forza is a "GT" scooter the PCX a little city runabout.
Forza has much bigger storage, bigger fuel tank, bigger wheels/tyres, ABS, better instruments, better adjustable windshield, comfier seat, more torque and power.
Its altogether a very different (and far superior) beast to the PCX which you would see instantly if you ever saw the two parked together.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

A basic front on comparison (I'm not keen on the Forza dash with it's smiley face nor the front view as it looks like some kind of goofy sheep). The mirrors have changed on the '17 Forza 125 compared to the '16 ones.
Attachments
forza1.jpg
forza1.jpg (247.99 KiB) Viewed 2178 times
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

I guess I see. Engine size is the (only) common trait, then. From Iceman's pic, even the tires are more portly on the Forza 125. Interesting. Probably never see one in the US, considering that I have only seen two other PCX's in four seasons of riding around here. The locals seem to want big motorcycles if they are going to add something two-wheeled to their stable.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
dick the den
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: white

Post by dick the den »

87112 wrote:Say what, made where? I've never heard of a Honda scooter made in Italy.
the sh 125 has been made in Italy for some years now..