Tyre question

General Honda Forza 125 chat, questions about the Forza 125, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Robert R
Regular User
Regular User
Year: S-wing 2014
Color: White

Tyre question

Post by Robert R »

Tyre question. Anyone have experience of using Continental Move 365 M & S tyres? Been looking at fitting something grippier for year round use on Scottish rural roads. Got OEM IRC's at the moment, can't fault them on clean tarmac but useless in snow and ice not to mention mud or gravel wash off after heavy rain. Yes it in rains in Scotland! Hard to believe I know :roll: :lol:

Any feedback appreciated or alternatives maybe.
RTFM!!!!!!!!!!!!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Tyre question

Post by gn2 »

Nothing will work on snow and ice, ifthere's a snow r ice risk best to leave the scooter at home.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

Winter tyres are a different compound to summer ones. There tends to be more natural rubber in them and are softer. In cars they are recommended under temperatures of 7 degrees C . They will help in cold weather on normal cold wet roads but snow and ice they will be better than summers but there are not a magic bullet and so won't stop you sliding about.
I concur with gn2, best leave it at home in ice and snow.
Robert R
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Robert R »

Snow and ice was mentioned as an aside! The extra grip is needed year round due to the state of rural roads in this part of the world. Mud, grit and gravel dumped by tractors, timber lorries etc and as mentioned earlier rain run off bringing mud grit and gravel onto roads. The single track roads with passing places that are commonplace in rural scotland don't get the level of traffic or maintenance that main roads do to keep them clean.
RTFM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

The only tire I can recommend for your conditions is the one I'm using.
Manufactured by a smaller German company called Heidenau, mines are K66. They have a specific snowtex version for winter conditions but the normal K66s are very good all year round. Do a bit of a search on the forums there were some other Forza 300 riders highly recommending them also.
I have put almost 5000 km's my current set since early autumn and would never consider to look back to the widow makers (the oem IRCs). Used them in dry, soaking wet, snow and ice also. Not the studded tires we used to have fun on the ice skating fun races but in normal conditions it is the best I've used on scooters so far.
This one was originally recommended by most of my scooter courier friends who use them all year also.
Robert R
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Robert R »

Thank you Oyabun. Looks perfect . . . but not available my sizes. Should have said I've got the Honda S wing FES 125. Sort of forerunner to the Forza 125 but 110/90 x 13 front and 130/70 x 12 rear. Tread pattern looks similar to the continentals and like them are designed for year round use which is what I am after.
RTFM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/motorbike- ... -62p-84756

K58 m+s are available for both sizes from tyre leader.

I've used them for car and bike tyres before with no problems.
Robert R
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Robert R »

Hi Alibally, good site. Thanks for the link. K58 is a winter tyre, really need an all season. Notice that IRC do a heavy tread tyre similar to the continental. The Conti is looking the best in price and suitability, would just like confirmation from someone who has used on a similar scooter. Buying confidence issue maybe :roll:
RTFM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I love my Michelin City Grips, especially for gripping on wet roads, but I am not sure if they come in your required sizes. That would be something you would have to investigate.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
wojtek_pl
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 PCX 125
Color: matt black

Post by wojtek_pl »

I have Heidenau K66 All Season on my PCX (really recommend ) and there is a size for Forza.
Regards
Wojtek
2014 Honda PCX 125
Robert R
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Robert R »

Thanks all. Went with the Conti Move 365 (All year round) M & S. Very sure footed in the wet and on mud and rainwash dirt/gravel. Done 1500 miles on them so far and delighted.
RTFM!!!!!!!!!!!!