Forza 125 review

General Honda Forza 125 chat, questions about the Forza 125, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Wab
Year: 2015
Color: White

Forza 125 review

Post by Wab »

Hi I decided to test the Forza 125 so I thought I would share my thoughts on it with anyone who may be thinking of getting one.
A bit of background about me as a rider. I have had large motorcycles for years but as I only commute these days I thought I would go all sensible. Must be my age!Anyway I purchased a Honda pcx 125 and I love it but I am interested to see what the fuss is about the new Forza.
So I had a blue and white one on loan for an hour and I have to say I enjoyed the experience, however I am not sure if it is worth spending the extra £1300.
Sitting on it you immediately feel the extra weight, it feels more substantial and more like a bigger motorcycle. The seating position for me was far better than the pcx, more space and just feels right.
The first thing I noticed on pulling away was the very smooth delivery although it became obvious that the acceleration is not on a par with the pcx. Probably due to the extra weight.
The handling is very assured and the brakes are a good improvement over the pcx. The Forza does flow nice through the corners feeling very safe.
Although not as initially nippy as the pcx it does roll on from 50 mph better, definitely feels like it could cruise above 60 mph without stressing.
Overall a very good riding experience but lacks a bit of initial low down push.
The finish is great as always, I really liked the dashboard which is more like a big bike with the dual dials. You can fit 2 full face helmets under the seat which is my biggest gripe with the pcx. I have a flip up Caberg helmet and that will not fit under the pcx seat.
You can alter the height of the front screen which has about 5 different positions however it does take a good tug with 2 hands to move it. I am 5'9 and I found the highest setting was best for me.
So the better bits me for me are the brakes and general feel plus the extra space under the seat. I don't like that it is not as nippy as the pcx, but it is still a 125 but with more weight.
Apart from that the biggest problem is the price. I feel it should be around the £3500. That's just my opinion some others might think the price is fine.
So I hope I have helped anyone thinking about buying a Forza. :D
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Forza 125 review

Post by you you »

Wab wrote:Hi I decided to test the Forza 125 so I thought I would share my thoughts on it with anyone who may be thinking of getting one.
A bit of background about me as a rider. I have had large motorcycles for years but as I only commute these days I thought I would go all sensible. Must be my age!Anyway I purchased a Honda pcx 125 and I love it but I am interested to see what the fuss is about the new Forza.
So I had a blue and white one on loan for an hour and I have to say I enjoyed the experience, however I am not sure if it is worth spending the extra £1300.
Sitting on it you immediately feel the extra weight, it feels more substantial and more like a bigger motorcycle. The seating position for me was far better than the pcx, more space and just feels right.
The first thing I noticed on pulling away was the very smooth delivery although it became obvious that the acceleration is not on a par with the pcx. Probably due to the extra weight.
The handling is very assured and the brakes are a good improvement over the pcx. The Forza does flow nice through the corners feeling very safe.
Although not as initially nippy as the pcx it does roll on from 50 mph better, definitely feels like it could cruise above 60 mph without stressing.
Overall a very good riding experience but lacks a bit of initial low down push.
The finish is great as always, I really liked the dashboard which is more like a big bike with the dual dials. You can fit 2 full face helmets under the seat which is my biggest gripe with the pcx. I have a flip up Caberg helmet and that will not fit under the pcx seat.
You can alter the height of the front screen which has about 5 different positions however it does take a good tug with 2 hands to move it. I am 5'9 and I found the highest setting was best for me.
So the better bits me for me are the brakes and general feel plus the extra space under the seat. I don't like that it is not as nippy as the pcx, but it is still a 125 but with more weight.
Apart from that the biggest problem is the price. I feel it should be around the £3500. That's just my opinion some others might think the price is fine.
So I hope I have helped anyone thinking about buying a Forza. :D

The Jag in the backgound is probably available a third of the price

Just saying....
Daguang
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014
Color: white

Post by Daguang »

Hi, could you check the bike where it was manufactured? Indonesia or Thailand? Thank you very much.
Wab
Year: 2015

Post by Wab »

Daguang wrote:Hi, could you check the bike where it was manufactured? Indonesia or Thailand? Thank you very much.
Hi I haven't a clue. I will ask next time I am in there. :D
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Daguang wrote:Hi, could you check the bike where it was manufactured? Indonesia or Thailand? Thank you very much.
If you mean the Forza 125, its made in Italy.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
speedandstyle
Regular User
Regular User

Post by speedandstyle »

Wish Honda would import it to America.
Daguang
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014
Color: white

Post by Daguang »

gn2 wrote:
If you mean the Forza 125, its made in Italy.
made in Italy? oh, my...
Victor46
Year: Forza 125 2015
Color: Black/Brown

Post by Victor46 »

My Varadero 125 was made in Italy. No problems at all in 3years and over 17,000 miles :)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Made in Italy by Honda very different to made in Italy by an Italian company.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

Several comments on the FB Forza 125 group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1609817985925368/) suggest people are a little unhappy with the ABS performance of the new 125 Forza - several people have tested theirs and they seem to believe the wheels lock-up more than act as true ABS as they have experienced on other ABS equipped bikes they have owned. Seems a bit disappointing as ABS should stop wheel lockup (in the main).
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

ABS will stop wheel lock up but it will still squeal the tyres.