Forza 125 review

General Honda Forza 125 chat, questions about the Forza 125, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

YorksForzaRider
Year: 2015
Color: White

Forza 125 review

Post by YorksForzaRider »

So, been out today, and done 70 or so miles on the new Forza 125, so thought I'd try to write a more detailed review.

Overall I'm very impressed with the new bike. It does exactly what I want on an A1 licence, and with an expected MPG of over 100, what's not to like?

Around town it's not as nippy as the PCX was, and you can feel you're on a bigger bike. That's not to say it struggles, but it is more lumbersome. The extra height is noticeable, especially when starting and stopping a lot. The mirrors fold in, very much like a cars, so not easy to do while on the move.

At higher speeds it's much better than the PCX. At 60mph it's far more stable than the PCX and you get blown about a lot less. It seems to corner better than the PCX too. I was taking corners at 60mph that I wouldn't have done before. At 70mph it handles well, with no wobbles or anything, and the acceleration is not bad post 50mph. It's by no means a racer, but does the job. Getting past HGVs on a trunk road was no problem.

Braking is sharper, but with disc brakes all round and ABS I would expect this.

The riding position is good (except legs, see below) and the seat is much better than the one on the PCX. Three hours on the bike this morning, and no numb bum.

Equipment wise, I love the extra under seat storage. I had a top box for the PCX, but I'm not getting one for the Forza, there's no need. I have a flip front lid, and it wouldn't fit in the PCX, but now it's great not having to carry it around. Can fit everything in the trunk when parked up ( lid, riding bottoms, high vis, gloves etc).

So is it perfect? Sadly no.

The riding leg position is a little cramped, especially if you want to put your legs forward. The legroom is about the same as the PCX. I was hoping for a little more.

The biggest disappointment for me is the adjustable screen. Yes it is adjustable,and yes it has six positions, and yes you can alter it on the move ( I wouldn't recommend it though) but I have found that I need it in the bottom or lowest position, otherwise it buffers across my helmet, and the ride is horrendous. I guess for a shorter person it could be good as they could get the wind above their helmet, but at 6' I'm on tip toes to reach the ground, so a shorter person may have issues here. I have to say I'm disappointed in this area. There's not much use in having an adjustable tall screen if you just leave it at the lowest setting.

So in summary, overall I'm very happy, but disappointed with the screen.

Is it worth the £1300 extra when compared to the PCX?

The honest answer is in my opinion it depends how and where you ride. If I was riding in London all day, and didn't need to ride on roads with 70mph speed limits, I'd have stuck with the PCX. If you live like me in an area of motorways, dual carriageway trunk roads and much quieter town riding, then it's worth the extra money.

P.s. I filled the Forza up today when I got back, and Fuelly is showing about 90MPG, but it wasn't completely full when I picked it up, and today I filled it to the gunnels, so I'll have to wait till the next fuel up for an accurate MPG figure.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (197.35 KiB) Viewed 1466 times
Forza Graham
Year: 2015
Color: Silver

Re: Forza 125 review

Post by Forza Graham »

Nice review, I'm finding I have the screen on its highest setting (I'm 5'11")

I've done 95 miles so far and the second segment on the fuel gauge is still lit ! Mind you I'm being gentle at present.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Re: Forza 125 review

Post by iceman »

Forza Graham wrote:I've done 95 miles so far and the second segment on the fuel gauge is still lit ! Mind you I'm being gentle at present.
Must be like the PCX '14-'15' models - it will drop faster as the tank starts to get more empty. :)