New Forza imminent

General Honda Forza 125 chat, questions about the Forza 125, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

YorksForzaRider
Year: 2015
Color: White

New Forza imminent

Post by YorksForzaRider »

Just heard from my Honda dealer, and I swap my PCX for my new Forza 125 on Friday.

Went for the blue and white ( the PCX is white too).

Getting a little excited :D
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Re: New Forza imminent

Post by iceman »

Congrats! I was wondering if Honda would sell any of these, but at least two people on this forum have bought one within a few weeks of the launch!
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

Lots of pictures :) and looking forward to the review since you ride a PCX. Well rode...
aka DrewJW
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Nice choice!! :P The white and blue would be my pick too. Hang in there....it will be worth the wait!
WaHoo!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
webbmeister

Post by webbmeister »

Blue and White for me too and arriving next weekend...congratulations on your purchase
YorksForzaRider

So, I visited the dealer today, and had a 1st look at my new scoot!

It wasn't fully built ( didn't have the screen on) and still had some of the packaging on, but 1st impressions is that it's a lot more substantial than the PCX. My commute is 40 miles each way, so was looking for something a bit more than the PCX, so that's good.

The white and blue looks really good. Seems a lot more aggressive styling than the PCX.

One thing I was disappointed with is that there are no prices for accesories yet. According to the dealer, you can't get a rack to put a topbox on yet either. I would have thought they would be released at the same time, well the Honda accesories anyway.

Insurance was fun. It's not listed yet by the insurance company, so they had to add it (??)nti there database. Given that it costs a lot more than the PCX, the insurance was £7 more, can't complain at that.

Let you know what it rides like on Friday, hopefully with some pics.
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

Please do, plan to ride out the two years warranty on my 2015 PCX, then may look at the Forza.
aka DrewJW
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

The UK members of this forum seem to have gone Forza 125 crazy! :) I'm still kind of shocked at the amount of interest being shown. I thought Honda may have got sales forecasts wrong on this one - but it seems to be very popular and already selling well.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Although expensive (very) the Forza is the best 125 on the market.
So if you're one of the lazyarses who cbf'd doing a proper test and are OK with riding around on the plates of shame, a Forza is the best you can get.
Unless you like Vespas.....
http://www.morebikes.co.uk/wp-content/u ... AC8446.jpg
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
YorksForzaRider

Interesting comment gn2, but

Theory test passed
Module 1 test passed
Module 2 test booked for next week, so will now be taking on the Forza 125.

Why, I hear you ask, go for an A1 licence?

1) after a major back injury getting on and off a proper bike is really painful, and I have a problem with right leg, hence wanting a scoot.

2) since the changed the rules on what bike you can take an A, or A2 test on, you have to use a 650cc machine, which means you have to go through an instructor and use one of their bikes. Have you tried finding one with the silver wing? Doing the A1 test on my own scoot saved me £550

3) at a 40mile commute each way, a scoot that does 70mph and 115 mpg, = fast enough, low cost and save the planet :D