Honda Forza 125 "ordered"

General Honda Forza 125 chat, questions about the Forza 125, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

webbmeister
Year: 2015
Color: White

Honda Forza 125 "ordered"

Post by webbmeister »

I paid my £100 deposit two months ago, when I first saw the LED light frontage. The dealer is informing me that the order book is only open from mid May and then he will be able to order the bike...will post pictures once I get her (White and Blue).

Recently sold my Ducati Monster (nice sound, awful build quality) and have been waiting for the Forza since the Paris pictures...
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Honda Forza 125 "ordered"

Post by ScooteringAbout »

I think you may be the first to get one on here, so that means lots of pictures :)
aka DrewJW
webbmeister

Post by webbmeister »

Thanks...new to the forum, are there any guides on how to post pictures?
Thx in advance
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

You choose the name webbmeister then ask how to upload pictures...? :lol:

Hello and welcome btw :D
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi webbmeister, welcome! Of course we want to See your new bike when she arrives. Here's a "how to" on posting pictures onboard: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=912
Now you'll be ready ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Craigos
Year: 2011

Post by Craigos »

Hi All

Looking forward to reading some reviews as people start taking ownership or test rides.

Thinking about getting one as my daily rider to replace my ageing PCX and as a better touring alternative to my NC700 Integra.

We have had the Forza 125 in the dealerships here in Switzerland for almost a month now. As a result I was lucky enough to take a silver model out for an hour recently.

My test bike had just arrived at the dealers and only had 5km on the clock.

First impressions against the PCX are:

It's Big!!! There is hardly anything in front of you on the PCX whereas the Forza has a lot between you and your vision of the road.

It's a lot taller than the PCX so getting your feet flat On the floor is not easy. The seat and height is more similar to the Integra than the PCX.

The engined seemed a little lethargic compared to the PCX but this probably due to it's lack of Kim's.

The movable screen is best on it's lowest setting. The higher setting only increases noise and buffeting.

Finally, the mirrors are plain awful. Being set so far forward greatly reduces the ability to see what is following behind. The up close mirrors on the PCX give far greater rear visibility and confidence.

Overall a good bike, and if I do decide to get one I'll be very sad to see my PCX go. The PCX has been great fun and utterly reliable over 22'000km so far.
webbmeister

Post by webbmeister »

Did anyone see the latest offer from Honda about a "New Rider event" on May 22-25

http://bikes.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/ri ... event.html

Might be useful to someone
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

Strange you found it 'lethargic' compared to the humble PCX - thought it would have more oomph (lack of Kim's ???).
Worse mirror view than the PCX - could that happen :) (always have a great view of my shoulders).
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Lack of km's not kim's. Typo, sorry ;) The relative lethargy will be down to the extra 33kg in weight too. 129kg for the PCX compared to 162kg for the Forza 125. As the Forza 125 has only slightly more power and identical torque then it makes sense. On the plus side, at 90 or 100km/h the engine feels a good deal smoother than the PCX. I plan to take another test ride in a few weeks on a bike with hopefully more km's on the clock to see if the engine feels looser.

I found on the PCX that if you move your head to the left or right a little you get a decent view of what is following close behind, with the Forza 125 this is not the case due to the distance between rider and mirror. Not a big deal on 'A' or 'B' roads but not so good on the Highway where speed differential of overtaking traffic is much higher. I think the mirrors were placed where they are on the Forza to deflect wind and rain away from the riders hands and reduced visibility is the trade off.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Adding weight of a rider and dividing by the available power....

PCX125 130KG + 80kg =210kg, 230kg / 8.6 = 24.4kg/kw
Forza125 162kg + 80kg = 242kg, 242kg /10.5 = 23kg/kw

So although heavier, the Forza has a better real world power to weight ratio.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

That's true for bhp but as the torque remains unchanged between the PCX and Forza then you have less torque per kilo on the forza. Maybe it's the relative lack of torque that makes the Forza feel lethargic.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Probably a combination of that and gearing configuration.
The Forza is definitely faster at the top end, but not by much.
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

I propose a TopGear style drag race :)
aka DrewJW
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

So, having heard what we have so far about the 125 performance, any UK people actually interested in it above the PCX (for a 125 vehicle that is)? It may be a little faster and heavier, but is it worth it for the modust gain and extra £1000+?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Neither of them are milk float botherers
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

iceman wrote:So, having heard what we have so far about the 125 performance, any UK people actually interested in it above the PCX (for a 125 vehicle that is)? It may be a little faster and heavier, but is it worth it for the modust gain and extra £1000+?
If I was in the market for a 125 I wouldn't buy either of them, I would be having a Daelim S1 (£2000)
http://www.kjm.net/ubadmin/ad_img/vehicle3360_2.jpg
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

gn2 wrote:
iceman wrote:So, having heard what we have so far about the 125 performance, any UK people actually interested in it above the PCX (for a 125 vehicle that is)? It may be a little faster and heavier, but is it worth it for the modust gain and extra £1000+?
If I was in the market for a 125 I wouldn't buy either of them, I would be having a Daelim S1 (£2000)
http://www.kjm.net/ubadmin/ad_img/vehicle3360_2.jpg
http://www.daelim.co.uk/s1_125cc.php < certainly looks like you get a lot for your money - kind of like the pricing we should have for the PCX considering almost half the cost is profit if Honda can sell them for half the cost elsewhere. The S1 comes with so much as standard (dual discs, large fuel/storage capacity, 12v, lcd meter) and for little extra the S3 adds led lights, remote key activation (keep the key in your jacket), lots more.
I'll certainly consider these if and when I migrate from the PCX.
webbmeister

Post by webbmeister »

I am sure the Daelim is a good bike (although it does look like a Honda Dylan from 05), but I don't mind paying the extra for Honda workmanship and reliability. Can't say i've ever considered anything other than Japanese and German, although I did have a Ducati for 6 months and that was a disaster, but thanks for the recommendation.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Honda isn't Japanese (much) and many major BMW scooter components are predominantly of Taiwanese provenance.
Both the Honda Forza 300 and PCX are made in Thailand, I believe the Forza 125 is being built in Italy.
There have been plenty reliability issues with Honda Thailand scooters and bikes, remains to be seen how the Forza 125 will fare.
One thing's for sure its a gamble being in the first wave of owners of a newly released Honda model.
webbmeister

Post by webbmeister »

Thanks...choice really came down to the Honda and Yamaha X-Max 125 in the end as they both suit my requirements, and i've had a Honda before and it was extremely well built and reliable, although now you point out about newly released model I am questioning myself!!!! I did speak to a couple of Yamaha dealers (before I ordered the Forza) and they quoted £3995 and were unwilling to budge on the price, therefore it was a straight forward decision and I ordered the Honda.

All the best