Honda Forza 125 "ordered"

General Honda Forza 125 chat, questions about the Forza 125, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Honda Forza 125 "ordered"

Post by gn2 »

In a straight choice between the Forza and Xmax 125s, I would pick the Forza, simply because of the ABS.
If you have a good local Honda dealer, any warranty issues will be sorted pronto and you might even get a loaner while yours is in for servicing.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

webbmeister wrote:I am sure the Daelim is a good bike (although it does look like a Honda Dylan from 05), but I don't mind paying the extra for Honda workmanship and reliability. Can't say i've ever considered anything other than Japanese and German, although I did have a Ducati for 6 months and that was a disaster, but thanks for the recommendation.
Well, watching the corporate video on their site, they show lots of footage of the assembly plant, stating how they supply major manufacturers (car and bike) and how they won europe ISO accreditation due to reliability and quality of plant output of engine components. Seem to be a very good company. They turn-out many 100'000's of scooters/yr.
mtheall
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by mtheall »

My 2015 PCX says manufactured in Vietnam.
ericpcx1

Post by ericpcx1 »

I am looking to replace my 2012 PCX 125 so I test rode the Yamaha X-MAX 125 because it looks great. When I rode it, it is very lethargic indeed, got onto my PCX afterwards and it feels like a sports bike compared to the X-MAX.
Hope the Forza 125 isn't like that, if so I will have to go for the Forza 300, at least my feet are flat on the ground with the Forza 300.
webbmeister

Post by webbmeister »

itcaptainslow
Regular User
Regular User
Year: Forza 125 2015
Color: White/blue

Post by itcaptainslow »

ericpcx1 wrote:I am looking to replace my 2012 PCX 125 so I test rode the Yamaha X-MAX 125 because it looks great. When I rode it, it is very lethargic indeed, got onto my PCX afterwards and it feels like a sports bike compared to the X-MAX.
Hope the Forza 125 isn't like that, if so I will have to go for the Forza 300, at least my feet are flat on the ground with the Forza 300.

The Forza feels a little more lethargic than the PCX when first pulling away-mine seems to have improved with a few hundred miles. However, the roll on performance from 55mph easily makes up for it :)
webbmeister

Post by webbmeister »

Finally picked her up a week ago, coming from a Ducati 696 (awful bike) for my station and gym commute and the grand sum of 4 miles a day. Okay the bike isn't that fast (but I knew that) however it is well screwed together, handles far better than I thought it would and I look forward to riding it every day.

I bought the bike through Norton Way, Letchworth and also managed to get £150 off the price due to the Honda new rider event and had nothing but exemplary service from them.

Couple of gripes which I believe have already been mentioned is that the mirrors are beyond useless and the look and noise of the exhaust, therefore looking to get the Akrapovic in due course purely because it looks better and gives a little more noise for letting drivers know that you are there.

If you are looking at this post you are obviously interested in the bike and if you are it's a great choice and I am pleased I did not buy the Yamaha XMax.

itcaptainslow
Regular User
Regular User

Post by itcaptainslow »

Do you go to the gym in Bedford? If so, I think I've seen your bike there, with Norton Way plates on it (bought mine from there too).

Unfortunately I didn't get the same exemplary service-even more disappointing when my PCX buying experience previously was superb.
webbmeister

Post by webbmeister »

Yes I do go to the gym in Bedford and it must have been your bike that I saw...good choice. Another reason for the purchase is the space under the seat as I did not want to get another bike with a top box and the Forza ticked this box.

There is another one in Bedford bought from MK Graftons in Black and Brown, personally not my choice and therefore happy with the White and Blue.

Sorry to hear about the dealer...It took ages for the bike to arrive but I put this down to being a new model and couldn't fault the communication by them. Let's see how they are with the first service (picking it up etc).
itcaptainslow
Regular User
Regular User

Post by itcaptainslow »

Ditto the top box. Storage space under the seat easily takes my gym bag, plus a couple of day's shopping at the supermarket.

I'm disappointed in Norton Way as in all other aspects with my PCX they were excellent. Their after sales department so far for me have been good, so you should be in safe hands.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

webbmeister wrote:Finally picked her up a week ago, coming from a Ducati 696 (awful bike) for my station and gym commute and the grand sum of 4 miles a day. Okay the bike isn't that fast (but I knew that) however it is well screwed together, handles far better than I thought it would and I look forward to riding it every day.

I bought the bike through Norton Way, Letchworth and also managed to get £150 off the price due to the Honda new rider event and had nothing but exemplary service from them.

Couple of gripes which I believe have already been mentioned is that the mirrors are beyond useless and the look and noise of the exhaust, therefore looking to get the Akrapovic in due course purely because it looks better and gives a little more noise for letting drivers know that you are there.

If you are looking at this post you are obviously interested in the bike and if you are it's a great choice and I am pleased I did not buy the Yamaha XMax.

You bought a motor vehicle for a two mile trip to work?

itcaptainslow
Regular User
Regular User

Post by itcaptainslow »

gn2 wrote:
iceman wrote:So, having heard what we have so far about the 125 performance, any UK people actually interested in it above the PCX (for a 125 vehicle that is)? It may be a little faster and heavier, but is it worth it for the modust gain and extra £1000+?
If I was in the market for a 125 I wouldn't buy either of them, I would be having a Daelim S1 (£2000)
http://www.kjm.net/ubadmin/ad_img/vehicle3360_2.jpg
Looks to be more of a competitor for the PCX rather than the Forza in terms of size-although difficult to tell. I must admit I've never heard of the manufacturer but it looks good value even compared to the PCX for what you get.

The Forza's storage area going by the pictures looks to be much bigger and it has niceties such as LED lights. Whether that's worth double the price, only the buyer can decide!

Have you ever ridden one?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Nope, haven't ridden one myself but have only ever seen good reports about them.
Daelim also do a big body 125, the S3 Advance 125, very similar to the 250 but with a flat floor and funky looking silencer.
http://www.daelim.co.uk/s3_125cc.php
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Daguang
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014
Color: white

Post by Daguang »

webbmeister wrote:Finally picked her up a week ago, coming from a Ducati 696 (awful bike) for my station and gym commute and the grand sum of 4 miles a day. Okay the bike isn't that fast (but I knew that) however it is well screwed together, handles far better than I thought it would and I look forward to riding it every day.

Hi, could you check the bike where it was manufactured? Indonesia or Thailand? Thank you very much.
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

gn2 wrote:There have been plenty reliability issues with Honda Thailand scooters and bikes, .
There have been zero reliability issues with the Thai made CBR250R, 300R or any of the Honda 500'S. Is there an issue with the PCX that I haven't heard about?
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

sendler2112 wrote:
gn2 wrote:There have been plenty reliability issues with Honda Thailand scooters and bikes, .
There have been zero reliability issues with the Thai made CBR250R, 300R or any of the Honda 500'S. Is there an issue with the PCX that I haven't heard about?
Problem with any countries vehicles. It's personal choice, some people feel the need to stamp down on anything that does not agree to their ideals. That person is Gn2.
aka DrewJW
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

sendler2112 wrote:
There have been zero reliability issues with the Thai made CBR250R, 300R or any of the Honda 500'S.
That's odd, I could have sworn there were problems with the 250 stalling and the 500's cylinder head.
Must've imagined it.