Forza 125 replacement battery

General Honda Forza 125 chat, questions about the Forza 125, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

rollmops
Year: 2018
Color: Silver/Black

Forza 125 replacement battery

Post by rollmops »

Hi
I need a new Battery for my Forza.The O.E.M is rather expencive with 77£.
Can anyone recommend a cheaper option,Iam in UK.
Thank you.
V8vor
Year: 2015
Color: Silver

Re: Forza 125 replacement battery

Post by V8vor »

Hi Rollmops
Has your battery died? Mine died as a result of the harness issue, however my local Honda dealer fitted a new battery foc before I had the replacement harness replaced, however they did recommend a battery charger/ maintainer which I duly purchased ( Oxford maximiser 3000 I think) bit expensive at £70 but well worth it, every time I put the bike in the garage it goes on charge.
If you've not had the replacement harness I'd book it in as its free of charge but might take a couple of days to fit.
Regards
Drew
Forza 125, 15 plate, top box, hand guards, grip puppy's,Givi screen, malossi variator, belt, clutch bell, carbon belt,city grips,BMC air filter.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

rollmops wrote:Hi
Thank you.

eBay?
rollmops

Post by rollmops »

you you wrote:
rollmops wrote:Hi
Thank you.

eBay?
Nope..its even more expensive.
Cheapest i found

Code: Select all

http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/honda/nss_125_forza/15/picture/battery_oem/ 
rollmops

Post by rollmops »

V8vor wrote:Hi Rollmops
Has your battery died? Mine died as a result of the harness issue, however my local Honda dealer fitted a new battery foc before I had the replacement harness replaced, however they did recommend a battery charger/ maintainer which I duly purchased ( Oxford maximiser 3000 I think) bit expensive at £70 but well worth it, every time I put the bike in the garage it goes on charge.
If you've not had the replacement harness I'd book it in as its free of charge but might take a couple of days to fit.
Regards
Drew
My Battery is still OK, sort of.It does take a few more turns to start, but then after over2 years no surprise. It will be getting colder soon and my bike is parked in the street.Charging the battery all the time is not really an option.
I get a new Battery and keep the old one charged as a backup.
My harness has been replaced,so no issues there.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

According to this its a Yuasa YTZ8V

According to this chart the YTX7L-BS battery is a very close match and should do the job.
Battery2u list the YTX7L-BS as the one for the job and it can be had for much cheapness elsewhere.
The one aspect the cheaper YTX7L-BS battery doesn't match is the CCA (cold crank amps) rating, however that's only likely to be a problem in extreme cold when you probably won't be using the scooter anyway.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
WI_Hedgehog