Cheap and Effective Speaker/Radio Solution!

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

dank_nipples
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Cheap and Effective Speaker/Radio Solution!

Post by dank_nipples »

I posted this as a reply on another thread but figured it deserved its own post because who doesn’t want to jam some tunes while scootin’?! Total cost of about $50 with <5 minute installation.

I always see people saying they scoot with headphones in. Personally I like to hear what’s going on around me, as I think it’s important as a rider to hear cars and other sounds and not just music blasting in your ears, so instead I decided to mount a Bluetooth speaker on the handlebars.

I use this mount on the right side slope of the handlebar pointing inward:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HQ9Q2VL?re ... b_ap_share

With this Bluetooth speaker mounted to the above clamp, centered perfectly over the main handlebar clamp:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VV2B4JD/re ... QEbXB2PSXP

The speaker also conveniently comes with (or at least mine did 3 years ago when I first got it) a flat micro USB cable that is able to squeeze easier out of the glove box to keep it charged while you’re riding, but a full charge at full volume lasts for probably 3-4 hours of riding.

Here is a pic of what mine looks like:

It’s actually quite loud, and great for cruising. I listen to everything from post punk noise rock to rap and it doesn’t distort even with heavy bass songs. It’s loud enough but also not super obnoxious for the surrounding world. The mount allows you to point it right at your face, so I can hear it with my full face helmet up to about 50 MPH and with my 3/4 helmet I can hear it cruising the highway at 70+ MPH, but just enough to tell what song it is, can’t really make anything out too clearly.

This has been a very successful solution for jamming tunes on the scooter without getting the type of setup you have to wire to your battery or hack up your bike to run wires for. The only downside I can see is that it’s a bit obtrusive, both over the key (the mount allows you to pivot it up and down though) and it also blocks you from seeing the dummy lights in the lower middle of the dash, to where you kind of have to sit up and look over the speaker to see them. Other than that this has been a great setup for me to be able to listen to music while I scoot so I wanted to share it with you all. Enjoy!
2014 NSS300A
1984 CH125
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Cheap and Effective Speaker/Radio Solution!

Post by EddieC »

This looks great, I'll probably try something similar out. Curious.... how did you know the speaker would come with a screw mount option? Cant seem to find that detail on Amazon and would like to explore some other options

Thanks!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

If you have a speaker that does not have a way to attach it to anything, zip tie it. Another thought, which I personally have done, is use industrial Velcro to attach it to something that does have a way to attach to the bike, and zip tie it as a backup. I have done this to several of my speakers, so that I can switch speakers with very little effort...(Larger, smaller, more bass, different color, etc.)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
dank_nipples
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Post by dank_nipples »

EddieC wrote:This looks great, I'll probably try something similar out. Curious.... how did you know the speaker would come with a screw mount option? Cant seem to find that detail on Amazon and would like to explore some other options

Thanks!
EddieC - I actually owned the speaker for about a year before I ever put it on a scooter. There are a couple others I found on Amazon that have the mounts but none sounded as good at full blast as this one. It’s not usually a feature that’s mentioned so I just had to scour the product images to find them. But I ended up going back to the Aomais speaker in the end. Also the Aomais speaker has the ability to pair with another Aomais speaker if the one isn’t loud enough for you.
2014 NSS300A
1984 CH125
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

This is my set up.. plays great less than 30 bucks..
Attachments
resize.jpg
resize.jpg (153.6 KiB) Viewed 1120 times
Yorkie150
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018/19
Color: RED

Post by Yorkie150 »

whats all the other doo hickies ?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/769137659827490/
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Satellite radio, Tire pressure monitoring system, I like an analog clock up on top for quick view ,a temp gauge, volt meter to check charge rate and capacity.The boom box on top will play directly from satellite, MP3 , SD card ,bluetooth devices ie phone etc.. Many options available for tunes etc.
GodFather
Year: 2020 PCX150A
Color: RED

Post by GodFather »

Sena SRL2 inside my Shoei Helmet connected via bluetooth to my cell phone. Cell phone plays my music or Sirius Satellite music which feed into my helmet. WALAH, music! :) Also another plus is that I can open my Waze app and get traffic routes.

2020 PCX150ABS Candy Luster Red - Stock