Lightweight cover and alarm

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Atabone
Year: 2016
Color: Forza 300silver

Lightweight cover and alarm

Post by Atabone »

Hi all

Just bought myself a forza 300, picking it up on monday :)

I have 2questions as the title indicates, i am looking for a lightweight cover, to protect the bike from the sun (i live in malta in the med, so we have uv index 10+ which destroys plastic) so i am looki g for a cover which folds up nice and compact to keep under the seat without taking much room

Second question, any of you installed a alarm system? Anything you recommend or i should avoid?

Cheers
Alan
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Lightweight cover and alarm

Post by homie »

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your big scoot! Not much talk about covers on 4Z's that I've seen. Can't imagine it to be much different than PCX covers just BIGGER! Lots of information in the archives on security but electronic alarms might be interesting, did you have one in mind? Could we get a picture of a Seal Silver 2016 4Z when you get a chance... I have not seen one yet.
Atabone
Year: 2016
Color: Forza 300silver

Post by Atabone »

Thanks for your warm welcome
On the cover, yeah, can't find much on it, just want a very lightweight cover just to give a bit of sun protection when i park outside in summer... will keep looking
On the alarm, i am looking for a electronic alarm, with the fob, so it will deter anyone jumping on the scoot or parking too close etc, haven't got one in mind, i know there are loads of brands etc, but i want to avoid any cheap Chinese rubbish, and want a quality product

as promised here are the photos of my new scoot :) fresh out of the box
Attachments
IMG_20160906_174018.jpg
IMG_20160906_174018.jpg (98.39 KiB) Viewed 1405 times
IMG_20160906_174011.jpg
IMG_20160906_174011.jpg (230.15 KiB) Viewed 1405 times
IMG_20160906_174006.jpg
IMG_20160906_174006.jpg (233.06 KiB) Viewed 1405 times
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I purchased a very inexpensive cover on Amazon. It doesn't seem to be waterproof, but it does keep sun off of it. I purchased it to protect it from wind while on my carport. There is only a single clip on it so if you want it to stay on you will have to get a bungee cord or two. Also, read the reviews, especially the one star ones. There were complaints about it running small and not being rain resistant. One of the big advantages is that it is windbreaker material so it can be stuffed into the little bag that comes with it, for easy carry on the bike.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
MBMyer
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Post by MBMyer »

Oooo! I wish that color were available her in the US instead of the vibrant red that was my only choice.

I bought a Cool Ass seat cover that I had to use a few times today; the sun is unbearable here in the Deep South, and that black seat gets horribly hot in no time flat.

Also in the US, you might look at covers by Tour King (which I used on my Goldwing and was very packable and affordable) and by Aerostitch (much more expensive)

http://www.genuinecoolass.com/scooter-seat-cover.htm
http://tourking.us/shop/product_info.ph ... 3f9c47d2df
http://www.aerostich.com/a-to-b-utiliti ... overs.html

HTH,
Michael
Current ride: 2014 Forza bought new in mid-2015 with only 15K on the clock
Traded in: 2003 GL1800 with 152K and several IBA rides on the clock
6 other previous bikes
nearly 3/4 million miles logged
now just commuting instead of touring