Rollers only

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

txpcx13
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 13&14
Color: Rojox2

Rollers only

Post by txpcx13 »

First off... I have read the pages and pages of mixed sliders and rollers. I want to buy rollers and only rollers for the Forza(the round ones to avoid any confusion).
What is the best weight for rollers only on the Forza? I am thinking of 17 or 18g rollers, but I would love to hear from someone with experience just using the rollers.
Thanks
2013 Honda PCX (Red) - NCY 13g rollers, golden variator, drive face, YSS shocks, Givi E450
2014 Honda Forza (Red) - Adige 17g rollers, Kappa K466
txpcx13
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Rollers only

Post by txpcx13 »

It seems like everyone must be doing the 3/3 slider and roller mix. I am going the roller route to keep it simple and slightly increase performance. The 13g rollers work well with the PCX, but I am 99% sure that I will be going with the 17g Adige Carbon Rollers.
2013 Honda PCX (Red) - NCY 13g rollers, golden variator, drive face, YSS shocks, Givi E450
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

One problem with mixed rollers and sliders is you don't get the claimed lower gearing effect from just having sliders (assuming your belt can ride that low...).
But, just like John Snow - I know nothing. However, when I looked at Forza rollers I came up with either 17 or 18g, too.
In any case, you've got a tacho to observe the change once the deed is done. So you'll know if you're in the zone or not.
txpcx13
Regular User
Regular User

Post by txpcx13 »

Thanks for the reply :D
As far as the sweet spot on the Forza.... I have read it's between 6,000 and 7,000rpm. Does this seem right to you?
I found that the Malossi Varitor Kit (for the Forza) comes with 17g rollers, but of course the profile of the drive face will be different than stock.
I am going to keep doing research for a few more days before I go for the 17g rollers.
Looks like you have done lots of nice mods to your PCX ;)
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Hi Tx,

I don't have a Forza, so I don't know where they make the best power, and I haven't seen it mentioned on here.
But 17 and 18g rollers I've read are a good start. Rollers are pretty cheap, so it's not a big gamble either way.
When you go lighter on the rollers (even without going too light) you need more throttle action to get the scoot to respond.

Yeah, everything I've done to the PCX has been quite tasteful. That is, until I get my graphics kit applied and make it stand out.
I'm waiting for a tacho to turn up so I can see what my revs are doing before faffing around any more with sliders, etc...
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

txpcx13 wrote:It seems like everyone must be doing the 3/3 slider and roller mix. I am going the roller route to keep it simple and slightly increase performance. The 13g rollers work well with the PCX, but I am 99% sure that I will be going with the 17g Adige Carbon Rollers.
I think only BRed and myself are the only ones doing the slider/roller mix... anybody else???
20g sliders and 15g rollers works great... try it.
I think you are correct with gram target range of 17-18g for a forza.
txpcx13
Regular User
Regular User

Post by txpcx13 »

Just purchased the Adige 17g rollers.... I will install them in a week or two and report back.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

TXpcx how's the 17g working out? I just picked up a 2014 forza and am contemplating 17 - 18g rollers and a seat mod.
BRed
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2023 XMax 300
Color: Grey and black

Post by BRed »

I finally got a chance to test the slider/roller mix against a stock Forza while riding in the mountains last week.

He had about 1500 more miles on his engine. Under all the conditions we tried, I could easily pull away from him, whether from a dead stop, a mid speed roll-on and especially going uphill. What surprised me at first was that when we fueled up, I even beat his mileage by 2mpg. But it made sense after thinking about it....we were riding in the mountains. I was geared lower than he was, just enough that he had to use more throttle to power up hills.

He was thoroughly confused by it all since he fully expected to blow me away on mileage with his heavier weights.
I explained that on flat level roads that would probably be the case.

this was from the last 71 miles of the ride home.....

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

BRed wrote:I finally got a chance to test the slider/roller mix against a stock Forza while riding in the mountains last week.

He had about 1500 more miles on his engine. Under all the conditions we tried, I could easily pull away from him, whether from a dead stop, a mid speed roll-on and especially going uphill. What surprised me at first was that when we fueled up, I even beat his mileage by 2mpg. But it made sense after thinking about it....we were riding in the mountains. I was geared lower than he was, just enough that he had to use more throttle to power up hills.

He was thoroughly confused by it all since he fully expected to blow me away on mileage with his heavier weights.
I explained that on flat level roads that would probably be the case.

this was from the last 71 miles of the ride home.....

Were you on the trail of the lonesome pine again?