FOBO Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: FOBO Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Post by you you »

Excellent x2

You've lost a bit from the front?
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

It would be interesting to see what the pressure & temperature does from standstill to 60 mph. How much does it change in the real world? Does it actually matter? Or are we all just being anal about it?
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

davenowherejones wrote:It would be interesting to see what the pressure & temperature does from standstill to 60 mph. How much does it change in the real world? Does it actually matter? Or are we all just being anal about it?

Absolutely i think we are all being anal about it, in my opinion .......

I only want it for one reason: so when I do a preflight check, I easily see a front/rear partial deflation and possibly prevent an upcoming spill. No other reason....
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Jge64 wrote:
davenowherejones wrote:It would be interesting to see what the pressure & temperature does from standstill to 60 mph. How much does it change in the real world? Does it actually matter? Or are we all just being anal about it?

Absolutely i think we are all being anal about it, in my opinion .......

I only want it for one reason: so when I do a preflight check, I easily see a front/rear partial deflation and possibly prevent an upcoming spill. No other reason....
That is all I want also. If I had a permanent display I would be watching it too much and not looking where I am going. I also want to cover up my mpg meter on my Honda Forza. Most of the time I do not even turn on my GPS. Too much distractions. If I had more money I would cover up my speedometer.
RickT
Year: 2016
Color: Red

Post by RickT »

Hi All,
I have an update. I've successfully installed the FOBO Bike TPMS sensors on my Forza 300. Recall I posted a photo of the rear tire sensor coming very close to the transmission housing. FOBO states they want 1/2 inch clearance with rubber valve stems and 1/4 inch clearance with metal valve stems. I contacted FOBO and explained the sensors won't work on the Forza because of the clearance problem. They were fantastic to work with and suggested using their T-valves ($12 each). My Honda motorsports dealer installed the T-valves and rebalanced my tires. The T-valves are of excellent quality and solved my clearance problem. I mounted the FOBO sensors on the right-angle valve facing the right side (exhaust side) of the bike. They position the sensors away from obstructions and provide the proper clearance. I like having metal valves, and the T-valves allow me add/remove air from my tires without removing the sensors. I have them locked in place with the supplied locking nuts. Below is a photo. I checked the pressure accuracy with a high-quality tire pressure gauge, and the FOBO sensors are right on. I now enjoy seeing the tire pressure displayed on my iPhone before going for a ride. I also have handlebar mount for my iPhone, so I can see the tire pressure during my ride. I've searched for a TPMS and believe I've found the very best option with the FOBO Bike sensors. I highly recommend using them with the T-valves on the Forza 300.
Attachments
image2.JPG
image2.JPG (75.36 KiB) Viewed 2831 times
image1.JPG
image1.JPG (80.11 KiB) Viewed 2831 times
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

Looks good, I really like you can add air without taking off the sensor. I've had to add air once to mine. We recently had a freak cold snap down here that sent the temperature down 10° or so, what I really like is not only did the app register the drop, But sent me an email saying my front tire was lower than the minimum threshold that I had set.
Glen
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

I do check my tire pressure twice a month with a 4$ tire pressure gauge. Pre-ride, usually just visual and feel check, which also gives me chances to see problems on tires, brakes, and what-not. This is cool actually, but I am still on the fence on putting another tech gadget on my scoot that will distract me from enjoying the ride. That's just me...
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Ridiculous... my tire is out of balance but I know it isn't flat. Won't matter much on the scoot but never on a sport bike.
Attachments
juicyfruit.jpg
juicyfruit.jpg (13.04 KiB) Viewed 2817 times
Rickjds
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2020
Color: Candy Luster Re

Post by Rickjds »

Anyone have a link to these valves?
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

I’ve never gotten two years out of it . I change my batteries about nine months and not worry about it. I had one go out at one year so that’s why I started changing them at nine months.
Glen
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

My batteries never seem to last but that is probably because my tires go over temp or pressure too easily on my defective Honda Forza maxi-scooter.

Putting the brakes right next to the catalytic converter was an asinine decision.