Help on tuning. Really confused

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Help on tuning. Really confused

Post by gn2 »

kotsio83 wrote:i just have the idea the going like 120 km/h for 30 minutes will stress the engine.
Nope, that won't be a problem at all, it'll be just fine.
Mine regularly sits at that sort of speed, has 30,000 miles on the clock and still starts first time and purrs like a kitten.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

gn2 wrote:
kotsio83 wrote:i just have the idea the going like 120 km/h for 30 minutes will stress the engine.
Nope, that won't be a problem at all, it'll be just fine.
Mine regularly sits at that sort of speed, has 30,000 miles on the clock and still starts first time and purrs like a kitten.
30,000 miles is 48,000 km or about double what I have. This is good to hear. That sounds like a lot of tires. I am trying to get a rear still in the wilds of Canada, maybe tomorrow.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Its been a new rear every 6,500 miles or so and its on the second front, the original front lasted around 19,000 miles.
Fortunately tyres are easy to get here, just order online and they get delivered two days later.

Its not been trouble free, there have been numerous repairs under warranty and its overdue for the brake recall.
It was one of the first batch sold in the UK, I got it in September 2013 and it may well be gone by this September.
Or I might keep it.
Not decided yet but the gloss has definitely gone off it in more ways than one.
Every time I think I'm going to sell it the sun comes out and I have a great ride and I change my mind.
Not just the sun though, I even enjoy riding it in the rain.
The problem isn't riding it, the thing is great to ride, its when I'm not riding it I spend too much time being annoyed by all the problems its had and wondering what's going to go wrong next.
That and being tempted by all the shiny new things for sale...
I have to stay away from the dealers at times like this lest in my time of weakness I succumb to their evil marketing ways...
I must confess to recently having had very bad thoughts about going back to a motorbike.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong