Saddle Bags?

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

McGee
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Saddle Bags?

Post by McGee »

I plan to get on a nice Trip and take my Forza out to a ride from northern Germany to Lake Garda in Italy. Budget and Sense of Adventure tells me that I avoid Hotels and do Camping instead. So Top box in insufficient and I look for Saddle Bags. As no Frames are available like those on a Burgman i appreciate your Ideas or experience.
>> Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bike repair kit. <<
Robert R
Regular User
Regular User
Year: S-wing 2014
Color: White

Re: Saddle Bags?

Post by Robert R »

I got the Amphibious Moto bags. Cavernous and totally waterproof. Hold up to 50 litres each side. Slip on and of in seconds to access under seat storage. Easy to mount high enough to avoid exhaust contact and no frames required.
RTFM!!!!!!!!!!!!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Are you taking a passenger?
If not just get a roll top dry bag and bungee it onto the back seat.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
McGee

Post by McGee »

thanks,and no. no sissy. I am all but by myself. I do have a Rollerbag but 4 weeks with tent, sleeping bag, mattress, cooking stuff and clothing will not fit into.
I prefer Saddlebags to Boxes as they are to be opened from the top.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

When packing for a trip there's one simple rule.
Lay out all your gear ready to go, then split it into two halves.
Then choose which half to take.
For example, cooking stuff?
This isn't a trip across an uninhabited wilderness, there will be cafes and food shops everywhere.
Its not as if you're coming to Scotland! :lol:
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
McGee

Post by McGee »

Thank you gn2, i don't want to appear rude.
but the topic was not what to take and what not but experiences with saddle bags.
I don't know when you have been the last time on a 4 week ride through mountains and valleys but i want to go camping.
and camping means sleeping in a tent and avoid restaurants, cafes and hotels.
mjoa68
Year: 2015 PCX 150
Color: Grey/Silver

Post by mjoa68 »

Robert R wrote:I got the Amphibious Moto bags. Cavernous and totally waterproof. Hold up to 50 litres each side. Slip on and of in seconds to access under seat storage. Easy to mount high enough to avoid exhaust contact and no frames required.
I was looking at these online and considering them. Have you had/used them long? Can you speak to their durability at all?

Thanks,
Mike
Robert R
Regular User
Regular User
Year: S-wing 2014
Color: White

Post by Robert R »

Have done several trips with them in the 6 months I've had them. Found nothing to criticise about them at all. As to durability, they are probably overbuilt for most peoples use. Fully expect them to outlast me :lol: Have been snowed on, rained on (scottish rain) and not a hint of dampness inside. In fact I only carry one liner bag now for dirty gear. I can be very critical of poor quality but I heartily recommend these bags.
RTFM!!!!!!!!!!!!
mjoa68

Post by mjoa68 »

Robert R wrote:...Have been snowed on, rained on (scottish rain) and not a hint of dampness inside...
Thanks very much for the info. I think I'll be ordering some soon. From what I've heard, Scottish rain is much like BC rain, so that's quite the endorsement! :D

Cheers,
Mike
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

mjoa68 wrote:
Robert R wrote:...Have been snowed on, rained on (scottish rain) and not a hint of dampness inside...
Thanks very much for the info. I think I'll be ordering some soon. From what I've heard, Scottish rain is much like BC rain, so that's quite the endorsement! :D

Cheers,
Mike
I think BC rain must be stronger than Scottish rain. We have bigger trees.

The national Suzuki demo ride team came to Chilliwack, BC today. They are from Ontario & Quebec. They took one look at the rain clouds and decided they were not going to unpack the bikes from the truck. They left town. Bunch of wimps!
mjoa68

Post by mjoa68 »

davenowherejones wrote:
The national Suzuki demo ride team came to Chilliwack, BC today. They are from Ontario & Quebec. They took one look at the rain clouds and decided they were not going to unpack the bikes from the truck. They left town. Bunch of wimps!
Now that's not right. But that behaviour doesn't surprise me coming from Easterners.

Been commuting on my new Forza and a coworker asked me what I'm going to do with it in the winter. I said "ride it?" Lucky for me we don't really get any snow or ice here in tropical Victoria...