Mods made to my 2015 Forza

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Road-Dog
Year: 2015
Color: Red

Mods made to my 2015 Forza

Post by Road-Dog »

:D Hello all. Weather has been a bit nippy so I only managed to accumulate about 150 miles. The weather also allowed me time to add/modify/build my bike into the sweet machine it wishes it were. When I'm able to hit the road and open it up I'll share my thoughts on power. So far I'm keeping it under 55MPH as per the manual. All accessories were installed by me and cost less than $1,000. USC. Not cheap but it makes the bike into a super comfy useful machine.

1. I added a Utopia drivers backrest.
2. Givi screen (I cut it 2-1/4" using a Dremel Tool)
3. Givi Monokey top case,
4. Ramline ball mount for my GPS (built an aluminum holder myself and painted it black).
5. extended my side view mirrors by cutting them and adding a 6" of 3/8" inside diameter aluminum pipe and painted both
black. This extends my mirrors out 4" and allows a beautiful view that now includes the rear view behind my top case!
6. Throttle control that works like a dream and is removable......and cheap! (by Go Cruise)
7. A homemade wheel chock for trailering the bike from leftover wood and a little sweat.
8. A battery tender.
9. I added a stainless steel hook and loop to the top case so I can hang my helmet/coat and the loop allows an easy location
to lock something with a small lock.
Attachments
DSC01354.JPG
DSC01354.JPG (451 KiB) Viewed 2197 times
DSC01353.JPG
DSC01353.JPG (416.97 KiB) Viewed 2197 times
DSC01351.JPG
DSC01351.JPG (530.61 KiB) Viewed 2197 times
DSC01350.JPG
DSC01350.JPG (403.35 KiB) Viewed 2197 times
DSC01349.JPG
DSC01349.JPG (430.98 KiB) Viewed 2197 times
DSC01347.JPG
DSC01347.JPG (446.04 KiB) Viewed 2197 times
DSC01345.JPG
DSC01345.JPG (577.14 KiB) Viewed 2197 times
DSC01342.JPG
DSC01342.JPG (416.15 KiB) Viewed 2197 times
DSC01351.JPG
DSC01351.JPG (530.61 KiB) Viewed 2197 times
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Re: Mods made to my 2015 Forza

Post by Jge64 »

Very nice....thx!
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
CelticCross
Year: 2011
Color: Gray

Post by CelticCross »

I can envision catching myself on that hook, but overall think what you have done is great.Thanks for sharing.

Ride safe and enjoy!
Road-Dog

Post by Road-Dog »

You are correct in the hook comment but I had the same "hook" on my Silverwing top case without any issues. It came in very handy then and has already shown itself useful on my Forza. When I cut it I rounded and polished the edges so it was not sharp.
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Post by montliz44 »

Hey Road-Dog,

Thanks for posting - great improvements! And thanks for showing me your Utopia backrest. I'm going to go ahead and order one. That's what I've been looking for, because it seems like the most comfortable seating position for me on the highway is leaning back a little with my feet up on the front part of the running boards. That backrest should help right where I need a litlle extra support. I didn't know anyone made one for the Forza, so I'm on it.

I looked up the Forza backrest on the Utopia website and looked at their instructions and watched the video for the GoldWing, and the installation looks pretty straightforward. Shouldn't be a problem.

Is there anything I should watch out for when I do mine or is it as easy as it looks to install? Looks like the actual backrest is easily adjustable once you get the basic install done.

Thanks,

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
Treeman

Post by Treeman »

Very nice job with those accessories. Your dog seems quite interested in your Forza! Nothing beats the companionship of a dog.
2010 Gold Wing/ABS
2007 Burgman Executive
1977 BMW R100/7
2013 Kymco Agility 125
John24
Year: 2016
Color: white

Post by John24 »

Excellent article. I am in the UK and buying one very soon. I have a Triumph Trophy and a Bonneville at the moment and want something lighter and fun. Thanks for all the help. John Osborne
Road-Dog

Post by Road-Dog »

montliz44 wrote:Hey Road-Dog,

Thanks for posting - great improvements! And thanks for showing me your Utopia backrest. I'm going to go ahead and order one. That's what I've been looking for, because it seems like the most comfortable seating position for me on the highway is leaning back a little with my feet up on the front part of the running boards. That backrest should help right where I need a litlle extra support. I didn't know anyone made one for the Forza, so I'm on it.

I looked up the Forza backrest on the Utopia website and looked at their instructions and watched the video for the GoldWing, and the installation looks pretty straightforward. Shouldn't be a problem.

Is there anything I should watch out for when I do mine or is it as easy as it looks to install? Looks like the actual backrest is easily adjustable once you get the basic install done.

Thanks,

Johnny
Hello Montliz44. I have installed Utopia backrests on 2 other bikes (Silverwing and Stratoliner). They are VERY well built but pricey.....$240. delivered. The beauty of installing it on my Forza was that you do NOT have to remove the seat vinyl! This makes installation MUCH easier. I used a dremel tool cut out the small 2"x2" plastic section noted in the instructions and not a box cutter....makes it easier. My word of caution would be to READ the instructions and know exactly what needs to be cut/drilled prior to installation! The given instructions have templates to be taped to your seat to remove human stupidity from the equation but mistakes are still possible. I removed my seat from the bike to make installation easier and if you do so there are 2 nuts and the hydraulic assist needs to be unscrewed. They have excellent customer service and appears to be a family business so call them if you have any concerns. Thanks Road-Dog
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Post by montliz44 »

Great, Road-Dog.

I'm on it. Parts ordered and will ship next week. Plus I got a nice note from Bob, the owner of the company, inviting me to call him with any questions along the way.

They look like a family business actually making a go of it up there in the rust belt, in northern Ohio. I'm all for that. Good for them.

Thanks for your help,

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!