go pro camera

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: go pro camera

Post by homie »

dougfreeze wrote:I'm another VERY satisfied Mobius Action Camera user! I made it on to an episode of Inside Edition
That was you on the yellow scooter? :lol:

Hey you found a way to put my favorite action camera in the helmet which solves wind noise and audio clarity... teach me!
dougfreeze
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2016
Color: Red

Post by dougfreeze »

homie wrote:
dougfreeze wrote:I'm another VERY satisfied Mobius Action Camera user! I made it on to an episode of Inside Edition
That was you on the yellow scooter? :lol:

Hey you found a way to put my favorite action camera in the helmet which solves wind noise and audio clarity... teach me!
Two-Sided Tape and a lens extension cable. But since the microphone is one inch from my mouth, you can hear me cussing at everyone when they drive stupid, singing, breathing, burping, everything! It's too close to my mouth to understand any kind of moto-blogging though.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00GZP1QFM/ ... +extension
When I'm in a customers house for an appointment, The helmet with the Mobius is under my scooter seat charging from a portable power bank in the trunk.
A new Mobius battery gave me about 150 minutes of recording time. After four months of heavy use, I'm down to about 120 minutes on that battery. If I need to (only once so far) I could run a USB cable up my jacket and into my helmet to keep the Mobius going for days.
I have to reach up and physically push the button to start and stop recording, but I've been considering using the motion sensor feature to start and stop recording. Maybe I'll try that today since it'll eliminate me accidentally forgetting to turn the camera on.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

"lens extension cable" where? You have done something interesting, good job.

https://www.mobius-actioncam.com/accessories/

I would try covering the mic as I have when using it on top of my tank to dampen the sensitivity to wind.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Keep talking...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (140.94 KiB) Viewed 851 times
Great posts!! I'm really enjoying the contents of this thread and have now bookmarked it!

I'm considering buying two Mobius camera's as a gift. But, obvious question's (to me) come to mind.
For Doug, do you leave your camera's in their front and rear position's while your vehicle is parked outside your home, or while at work or even in and out shopping? Or do you dismount them and take them with you?

My concerns are theft, temps and moisture.

And....should front and rear camera's be wide angle lens or standard (or one of each?) :roll:

homie, you're onto something cool too. Doug woke us up with his Mobius location, location, location(s)! :P 8)
Oh, Congrats Doug on your Inside Edition spot. Amazing, that that guy backs off then hits you anyway! Depth perception problem or what?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote: Oh, and Congrats Doug on your Inside Edition spot. Amazing, that guy backs off then hits you like that? He have a Depth perception problem or what?
Some people are so jealous of others success and property they would get a thrill out of bumping a nice car in the lot or even on the road. Plus it's a known maneuver here in Chicago to get a driver to pull over granting criminals the upper hand in robbery, kidnapping and car jacking.

If I was to guess in this circumstance i would say the guy get his kicks from the first reason and planned this escape at the off ramp. Pre-meditated and the police should try and match other reports of a guy in this car pulling this prank before and pile on the charges... Yes this little camera would work well for monitoring over night in motion activated setting.
dougfreeze
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2016
Color: Red

Post by dougfreeze »

WhiteNoise wrote:Keep talking...

I'm considering buying two Mobius camera's as a gift. But, obvious question's (to me) come to mind.
For Doug, do you leave your camera's in their front and rear position's while your vehicle is parked outside your home, or while at work or even in and out shopping? Or do you dismount them and take them with you?

My concerns are theft, temps and moisture.

And....should front and rear camera's be wide angle lens or standard (or one of each?) :roll:
My cameras are mounted in my car all the time with the wide angle C lens. They are very hidden, the front camera isn't mounted like you see in the Inside Edition video anymore. It's mounted to the headliner above the rear view mirror. Only the lens is mounted under the mirror. You have to be looking pretty hard to see the Mobius main body above the mirror.
I have them set to turn on when the car turns on. I tried the motion sensor setting in my car but it records all the time from cars rolling by on the street and it heats up too much.
I don't worry about moisture in Los Angeles.
Regarding the heat, I use a capacitor instead of the regular battery for the cameras in my car. LiPo batteries don't do well in the heat and being charged over and over (they swell up over time) so I swapped it for the small capacitor made for the Mobius cameras. My girlfriend has her camera's on the motion sensor setting but her car is parked mostly in areas where there's not constant motion. She already caught a guy denting her fender because of it.
https://youtu.be/xmGp5ep4xdA
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

dougfreeze wrote: My girlfriend has her camera's on the motion sensor setting but her car is parked mostly in areas where there's not constant motion. She already caught a guy denting her fender
That's great! I might have to add to my collection of Mobius cams this year and bust some mago's at my wife's parking lot. No respect for other peoples property.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Here is the standard wide angle C lens on the Mobius action camera today. Vibration on the PCX is too great to mount however it's perfect for street bike catching all my actions on the controls, traffic signals, and a pretty good view of any shenanigans from cagers that might knock me off :roll: I haven't decided if I will mount a second mobius facing aft like you do in your car... maybe whats behind me dosent matter.

Ride through town from the train station, bit of a snooze because its just traffic monitoring.