go pro camera

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

horobags
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: white

go pro camera

Post by horobags »

Ive a fitting on my helmet , but has anyone mounted a go pro on their forza?? if so where?? as I cant find a flat forward facing panel to fix to.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: go pro camera

Post by homie »

Vibration might have you doing all kinds of crazy stabilizer gadgets to the point it will be here comes horo's camera sticking up high and weird. A watery, wavy looking video could be the result. There was much tooling this issue in past threads and IMO resulted in a failure to impress me. I stick a cam to the cowling now and then to record high traffic but you can't really get license plates very clear so anywhere on the body is stable and much better quality footage in general.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

horobags wrote:Ive a fitting on my helmet , but has anyone mounted a go pro on their forza?? if so where?? as I cant find a flat forward facing panel to fix to.
Be sure and post your videos on here and stay away from the railings.... :lol:
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

horobags wrote:Ive a fitting on my helmet , but has anyone mounted a go pro on their forza?? if so where?? as I cant find a flat forward facing panel to fix to.

Where do you it could be fitted? Does the go pro mount need a flat panel just like you don't get on a helmet?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I had my video cam on a ram mount on my Burgman 400, but when I moved down to the PCX the vibration was so much that I could not find anywhere on the bike that was stable. Others had the same issue. Most of them solved their problem by getting a body mount. Some got helmet mounts, but that depended on the type of helmet. Thus, it looks like your solution may be either a body mount or a helmet mount.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
horobags
Regular User
Regular User

Post by horobags »

gn2 wrote:
dont worry, I'll keep the video's to myself :lol:
thanks for the advise everyone, looks like the helmet is the way to go. :)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

horobags wrote:
gn2 wrote:
dont worry, I'll keep the video's to myself :lol:
thanks for the advise everyone, looks like the helmet is the way to go. :)

I've just used an adhesive pad mount on the front of my pcx. Worked fine.
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

I originally mounted my Sony cam on my bike, but the vibration made for very poor quality results. Now I have a helmet mount. The greatest advantage over a fixed mount on the bike is that it is reasonably stable, and records what you're looking at, and that's usually what you want to record.
Blackbeard1718
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Blackbeard1718 »

I've got two Mobius Action-Cams when I ride, one on a RAM Mount on the Right Side of my Forza's Handlebar, just to the left of the Brake Reservoir, and the other is on top of my Helmet.

The Cam on the Ram Mount, is set for Wide Angle, and is pointed towards the center of my windshield, to catch Traffic coming towards me, and from both sides.

The Helmet Cam is set for Narrow Angle, so I can pick up License Plates, Driver's faces, and Vehicle Details. Wherever I turn my head, the Camera follows! It's mounted with 3M Automotive Tape to the Camera's Cradle, which holds the Camera nice and tight. If I need to pull the Camera off of either Mount, it takes a second to do, without messing up the Mounting Settings.

I don't get any vibration from either camera, and they produce EXCELLENT Quality Videos. I was going to buy a Go Pro back in Sept, but after looking at the Camera's size and price, I bought 4 Mobius Action-Cams + Accessories, for the same price as the Go Pro. They're much smaller, and offer a variety of Mounting Options, which come with the Cameras. Both are on a continuous Loop Setting, with Videos set at 5-Mins, on a 32GB Micro SD Card.

If I ever have another incident like I did in early September last year, I've got the front angles completely covered. These babies even have Audio, that are crisp and clear. I've got a small Cable Phone Connector with a USB Drive on the other end, that I keep in my Glove Box on the Forza. "WHEN"..... something happens, and I have to call 911 again, I can pop out the Camera's Micro SD Card, put it into the USB Drive Slot, plug the other end of the cable to my phone, and show the officer the Video, with Audio AND a Time-Stamp! Our Police in this area..... will not do anything, unless, "THEY SEE IT HAPPEN"! That's why I've got two Cams on my Scoot!

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle- ... am-review/

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

"The Floggings will continue, until Morale improves!"

Current Scoot: 2014 Honda Forza 300 ABS (Red October)

Former Scoots: TNG Verona 150, Kymco People S200, Kymco People S250, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Ruckus 50, Yamaha Zuma 125, Kymco People GTi300, Honda Big Ruckus PS250
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Blackbeard1718 wrote:
horobags wrote: I bought 4 Mobius Action-Cams + Accessories, for the same price as the Go Pro. They're much smaller, and offer a variety of Mounting Options, which come with the Cameras. Both are on a continuous Loop Setting, with Videos set at 5-Mins, on a 32GB Micro SD Card.
Agreed... the price, size and quality HD you get with Mobius action cam is hard to beat. I get much more fun from the motion activated features and freedom to risk loosing it by leaving it on bird nests, feeders and critter burrows. You can't use them like a Go-Pro to the extent of video blogging like you see on YT and it won't fit inside your helmet. You will not have the software GP gives you for editing your video professionally, no microphone boom or bluetooth with Mobius. Don't buy Mobius for these abilities but for security, indecent recording and super compact stealthy spy camera... its pretty cool 8)
horobags
Regular User
Regular User

Post by horobags »

thanks everyone. :)
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

homie wrote: indecent recording and super compact stealthy spy camera... its pretty cool 8)
incident! ... not indecent o_O :o :oops: :lol:
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Still laughing.

Is that what's called a Freudian slip :lol: :lol:
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

JohnL wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: Still laughing.
Is that what's called a Freudian slip :lol: :lol:
A classic FAIL auto correction I guess. I've never used the mobius action cam to spy on people, however it would be very easy given the size of the camera. Great for finding out if you have a mouse, just place some cheese, set the motion sensitivity and leave it over night under the couch... I have no mice but my dog was filmed trying to get at it around 3am in the morning :lol:
Attachments
100_2953.JPG
100_2953.JPG (169.05 KiB) Viewed 4383 times
wadaguy
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Post by wadaguy »

Was just about to ask the very same question! Great thread.......GoPro still the best to audit/make videos with?
Previous Scoot, 2008 Sym RV250
beegmouse
Regular User
Regular User

Post by beegmouse »

Avoid sticking anything hard to helmets. A well made GoPro is why Schumacher can't drive these days.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

beegmouse wrote:Avoid sticking anything hard to helmets. A well made GoPro is why Schumacher can't drive these days.
Someday the helmet and action cam industries will give us a solution that won't have the potential to penetrate on impact. I mount mine on the side, more likely to be sheared off rather then implanted.
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

I've mounted my Go Pro to my handlebar, on the left side on my PCX, the footage seems solid enough.
aka DrewJW
dougfreeze
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2016
Color: Red

Post by dougfreeze »

I'm another VERY satisfied Mobius Action Camera user!

I made it on to an episode of Inside Edition with two of my Mobius cameras mounted in my car.
http://www.insideedition.com/headlines/ ... n-dash-cam

chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

dougfreeze wrote:I'm another VERY satisfied Mobius Action Camera user!

I made it on to an episode of Inside Edition with two of my Mobius cameras mounted in my car.
http://www.insideedition.com/headlines/ ... n-dash-cam

Giggles, they even included the piano tuning profession into the story. I love it! :lol:
So why did the driver in the red car make two attempts at ramming you?
I don't understand how that makes for good insurance fraud on his part?