Installed New Givi AF1123 AirFlow Windshield Today!

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Blackbeard1718
Regular User
Regular User

Installed New Givi AF1123 AirFlow Windshield Today!

Post by Blackbeard1718 »

When I first got my Forza in Oct, I installed a Givi D1123ST Windshield. After riding around with it for a past few months, I opted to order the Givi AF1123 Airflow Windshield, the one with the Adjustable Upper Windshield.

I was getting a bit too much Wind Buffeting at a variety of Speeds. I wear a 3/4 Helmet with Face Shield, and the Wind would get caught under my Visor, and bounce my head around, not to mention the Wind Noise was uncomfortable.

Weather is a bit wet and cold here, so no chances of giving it a Test Run with the AirFlow, for the next few days. Maybe next Friday, since the Weather-Guessers are forecasting 67-Deg and Clear. We'll see.

Already, just sitting on it, with the Adjustable Windshield at it's Highest position, with the Rail ends at the Bottom of the Latches, I can still see over the Windshield, like I like to. Maybe about an inch or two over the top. At 6'1", with the D1123ST, I was looking over the top of the Windshield about 4-5"'s. I like the way the AirFlow's Adjustable Windshield is curved, in that it may allow Wind to pass over my Helmet, instead of in it.

These babies are hard to find In-Stock here in the Lower 48, and I ended up ordering one on EBAY from Italy. Seller was very professional in notifying me about Shipping Costs, as well as providing me with a Tracking Number, and Email's from the Shipper on its progress across the Pond. I ordered it on Dec 8th, and it was at my door on Christmas Eve. Not a scratch on it!

Average Price here in the U.S., had these going for $216, and I bought mine for $176 with Shipping. Not bad at all!

During our 3-Digit Summer Time Temps around here, I'll most likely remove the Adjustable Windshield, and just run with the Lower Windshield, to at least enhance Airflow through my Mesh Jacket and Cooling Vest.

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

"The Floggings will continue, until Morale improves!"

Current Scoot: 2014 Honda Forza 300 ABS (Red October)

Former Scoots: TNG Verona 150, Kymco People S200, Kymco People S250, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Ruckus 50, Yamaha Zuma 125, Kymco People GTi300, Honda Big Ruckus PS250
phantom309

Re: Installed New Givi AF1123 AirFlow Windshield Today!

Post by phantom309 »

i fitted my new airflow today aswell..i wasn't quite happy with the honda tall screen .. so opted for the givi...
having an adventure before dementia !!!!!!!
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

The tall Honda screen is bad for me in that it is too sheltered around my helmet. The helmet now fogs up more and the front of the visor never clears. I am a short guy so maybe it is too tall.

How is the Givi in the rain?
phantom309

Post by phantom309 »

for me personally i haven't rode with the new screen in the rain yet ...
horobags
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: white

Post by horobags »

my new 300 arrives on thursday (also in white), Ive ordered a givi screen but not the airflow, one of these
phantom309

Post by phantom309 »

well horobags , that one surprised me ..you swapping the baby forza ?
horobags
Regular User
Regular User

Post by horobags »

yes Andy. The forza 125 is a cracking scoot, will cruise on the motorway at an (indicated) 70 mph, but between 40-70 mph the 300 is much more usable for overtakes ect. A lot of my sunday rides are with others on bigger cc bikes/scoots and the 125 did struggle slightly. Also going on the Normandy trip in june with the 'ugly bunch' so the 300 is more capable.
phantom309

Post by phantom309 »

i have to agree the 300 is a cracking scoot, an growing on me , nearly as good as the burgman 400. except for price. ans a £1000 is a lot of money to save. an the forza 300 is capable with a passenger aswell, (90 on the motorway .)
horobags
Regular User
Regular User

Post by horobags »

phantom309 wrote:i have to agree the 300 is a cracking scoot, an growing on me , nearly as good as the burgman 400. except for price. ans a £1000 is a lot of money to save. an the forza 300 is capable with a passenger aswell, (90 on the motorway .)
Im getting all exited!! :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

phantom309 wrote:Image
for me personally i haven't rode with the new screen in the rain yet ...
Just had to nose in. I love the look and shape of that screen even with the added lip! Very cool...esp on a White! :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You