'21 Forza 350 with Givi V56 Top Box

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

johnparham
Year: 2021
Color: Blue

'21 Forza 350 with Givi V56 Top Box

Post by johnparham »

See pictures of the M5 plate on SR1187 rack and then with V56 Top Box.
Perspective makes it look bigger than it reall is - only a bit taller than the Top Box on better half's Shadow 125.
No rattles.
But to fit the rack, go look at my How To - there's a trick to getting the rear brake light top cover off..... very different to the 300
Attachments
21 350 Forza Givi V56NN Top Box.jpg
21 350 Forza Givi V56NN Top Box.jpg (216.98 KiB) Viewed 2191 times
21 350 Forza Givi rack and M5 plate.jpg
21 350 Forza Givi rack and M5 plate.jpg (239.19 KiB) Viewed 2191 times
canthai
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Re: '21 Forza 350 with Givi V56 Top Box

Post by canthai »

I have Givi boxes on 4 of my bikes, all mounting plates the same.
But none of them look like this one - did they change across the entire line, or is this just for that style box ?
Scootabout

Post by Scootabout »

There are two types of Givi box - Monokey and Monolock - I can see from the fitting plate that John has the Monokey box. Canthai probably has Monolock boxes (like I do), which tend to be more basic, but also lighter.
johnparham
Year: 2021
Color: Blue

Post by johnparham »

I've driven around a bit, here in Devon (UK) now and to be honest, don't notice the box is there. No vibrations or rattles (yet), can't see it in the mirrors. Tried a bit of driving on dual carriageway. Got to 60mph. Loads more throttle, but I chickened out... not used to the bike yet and it's brand new....
The main reason for buying the topbox was - I believed all the speil at the Honda dealer about 'two helmets fitting under the seat'....... My HJC open face IS-33 doesn't fit!! :-(
Yep, the Givi V56 is Monokey
Scootabout

Post by Scootabout »

Yes, the underseat storage is poor for its class. The space is awkward, with some protrusions to hold the handbook. All this is not helped by the seat only opening about 30 degrees from horizontal (for no discernable reason).
Scootabout

Post by Scootabout »

Well, I should have been able to click my Monolock box on today, but the Givi parts sent had two right hand supporting struts and this model of rack fitting won't take the standard Monolock plate! This is getting very frustrating and I'm p***ed off with Honda for not including the standard rack, which most countries get. Without some kind of rack and box, this scooter is useless to me, as there's just not enough storage for touring. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!