Tucano Urbano winter protection

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

mikeoc
Year: 2020 Forza 300

Tucano Urbano winter protection

Post by mikeoc »

So a month ago I got a Termoscud for the Forza; I've used them before on previous bikes (though I can't remember which, must be getting old), so they were a known quantity.

Everyone keeps saying "your legs must be so toasty", nope not in the slightest, dont seem to get much heat from the Forza while riding it, but at least my legs remain dry. I still get a wet crotch when it rains heavily, unless I remember to fasten the apron high up around my waist or under my jacket, but who does that? Also, I'm on the motorway quite a lot and the flaps are very flappy even inflated, but then I don't think they were designed for motorway use. The glove box is now unusable as one internal strap crosses it and stops it from being opened. And it was fiddly as hell to get those plastic screws out from under the fairings when fitting it. Overall, it's 'okay'.

I was bought some of the muffs for Christmas. I wasn't intending to get them myself as I have and like the heated grips. I have used them in the past on another bike (again I can't remember which). Left hand side is fine, no issues apart from pressing the wrong buttons every single time :roll: On the throttle side, the rubber bar end thingy caused too much friction so 1) on the motorway, I couldn't actually turn the throttle enough to get up to 70mph (not good) and 2) when riding around town, easing off the throttle to decelerate didn't work as it would be stuck in the position I had turned it too when accelerating- now I know what cruise control feels like on a motorcycle! But it wasn't good at all, had to break constantly while still accelerating, effectively, so jerky and stupid. So I took the rubber bar end off, put the metal bar end back on, muff is less secure, but throttle back to normal. Overall, I guess I will get used to them. My hands are warm and toasty for sure (with my heated grips).
jimmyb
Year: 2015
Color: Silver

Re: Tucano Urbano winter protection

Post by jimmyb »

Hi I have just bought a second hand bike that came with that kit, though I don't plan on using it. Is there much of a second hand market for these.
Keep the rubber side down

Regards Jimmy B
Honda Forza 300 (2015)