BACKOFF XP Brake Modulator Installed Today! VERY VISIBLE!!!

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Blackbeard1718
Regular User
Regular User

BACKOFF XP Brake Modulator Installed Today! VERY VISIBLE!!!

Post by Blackbeard1718 »

I dropped off my Forza at the Honda Dealer yesterday, and they installed the BACKOFF XP Brake Light Modulator today. Picked it up this evening, about a half hour before they closed. It was dark by the time we left the parking lot, and my wife was following behind in her car (My ride to the Dealer.....). Interesting ride too, as I had forgotten to change out my Dark Smoke Faceshield for the Clear one, before we left the house. I had to ride home with the Visor up all the way home. NOTE TO SELF..... Put Clear Faceshield in Trunk! NOTED!

The first time I stopped, I looked back in my mirror, and I could see the Brake Light Pattern Blinking off of the chrome on her cars grille. Four Bright Flashes, then Steady for 5 seconds, then it repeats the cycle, as long as your hand is on the Brake Lever. VERY VISIBLE!

On a side note, I had a gent on a Trike pull up in the lane next to me, when we stopped at a light ahead. He asked if I was running a String of LED Lights on my Bike, or was it Reflective Tape. I told him Tape, and he said, "COOL! I've gotta do that to mine too. Even with all of the lights I've got, they're not as visible on the sides as I'd like." I gave him the website, StreetGlo.net, just before the light changed, and he was smiling and shaking his head, as we took off.

I had the Regular BACKOFF Brake Light Modulator on my Honda Big Ruckus, but I found the XP Model this time, which is good for Standard Bulbs & LED Bulbs, if anyone has a bike that has them.

I went with the Mode 1 Install, which is the 4-Flashes then Steady for 5-Seconds, then Repeat.

I'll post a Video, when I figure out how to do one, after I take it with my Camera.

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

"The Floggings will continue, until Morale improves!"

Current Scoot: 2014 Honda Forza 300 ABS (Red October)

Former Scoots: TNG Verona 150, Kymco People S200, Kymco People S250, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Ruckus 50, Yamaha Zuma 125, Kymco People GTi300, Honda Big Ruckus PS250
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Re: BACKOFF XP Brake Modulator Installed Today! VERY VISIBL

Post by Jge64 »

I like these type mods. I went with a brake modulator from revzilla that not only goes crazy when you stop , but also has an accellerometer sensor so it flashes when you decel too. Works great. You can never be too visible.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI