Mirrors, outdoor cover, and reflective stickers

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

idontwantaname1234
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Mirrors, outdoor cover, and reflective stickers

Post by idontwantaname1234 »

Hi all,
Just got a 2014 Forza with just over 1k miles on it. LOVE IT! I've ridden about 100 miles so far on it and it feels great! (about 70 highway, 55-65mph and about 30 around town to get a feel for the bike)

Anyway, I'm a big guy.... 6'1" and 315lbs. It seems to hold me just fine and still scoot along. What is the weight limit/is there one? Can my wife ride with me?

Next, because I am a big guy, the mirrors don't quite seem to do the trick. The right side mirror is okish... however, the left side mirror is not -- I can't see much besides my arm, haha. My body sticks out too far I guess... even with the mirror fully out, I still take up like half the mirror!
In other words, I can't see behind me at all, and can only kind of see the lane to my left in the mirror.

Mirror extenders or something? Does Honda make any? Any suggestions on brands or where to buy them, etc....

Next, I don't have a garage... what outdoor cover do y'all recommend? I can't spend a ton, but I know better than to go with the cheapest one on Amazon, haha. It snows where I live!

Finally, what's y'alls thinking on reflective stickers? I saw another post on here where it looked like the sticker design was for the Forza. Any info here? What about for helmets?

I know it was a long post -- if you made it here, thank you!!
Blackbeard1718
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Mirrors, outdoor cover, and reflective stickers

Post by Blackbeard1718 »

idontwantaname1234 wrote:Hi all,
Just got a 2014 Forza with just over 1k miles on it. LOVE IT! I've ridden about 100 miles so far on it and it feels great! (about 70 highway, 55-65mph and about 30 around town to get a feel for the bike)

Anyway, I'm a big guy.... 6'1" and 315lbs. It seems to hold me just fine and still scoot along. What is the weight limit/is there one? Can my wife ride with me?

Next, because I am a big guy, the mirrors don't quite seem to do the trick. The right side mirror is okish... however, the left side mirror is not -- I can't see much besides my arm, haha. My body sticks out too far I guess... even with the mirror fully out, I still take up like half the mirror!
In other words, I can't see behind me at all, and can only kind of see the lane to my left in the mirror.

Mirror extenders or something? Does Honda make any? Any suggestions on brands or where to buy them, etc....

Next, I don't have a garage... what outdoor cover do y'all recommend? I can't spend a ton, but I know better than to go with the cheapest one on Amazon, haha. It snows where I live!

Finally, what's y'alls thinking on reflective stickers? I saw another post on here where it looked like the sticker design was for the Forza. Any info here? What about for helmets?

Howdy Again!

CONGRATS on your New-2-U Forza!

Let's see if I can answer some of these for you:

Q: What is the weight limit/is there one? Can my wife ride with me?

A: The Max Weight Capacity of the Forza is 359#. That includes Rider(s), Gear, Helmet, and anything stored in the Trunk. Anything over the Max Weight, may cause Stress to the Engine and/or Frame.

Q: Mirror extenders or something?

A: Correct! Easily found on EBAY, and other Motorcycle/Scooter Accessory Stores. Make sure what Size Thread you need for the Extenders. Do an EBAY Check for FORZA Mirror Extenders, and you should get quite a selection to choose from. When attaching the Extenders to your Forza, and your Mirrors to the Extenders, I'd recommend using a bit of BLUE LOC-TITE, at the End of the Threads. This will keep the Extenders/Mirrors from loosening, BUT..... will allow you to remove them, without too much effort. DON'T USE THE RED LOC-TITE!!! It's on there FOREVER, if you do!

Q: What outdoor cover do y'all recommend?

A: Check around the Web, and read some Reviews of Covers. There are CHEAP Covers, and there are INEXPENSIVE Covers. Don't go CHEAP, unless you want to replace it often. Invest in a Quality Cover, if you're going to keep it outside. It'll be worth it!

Q: What's y'alls thinking on reflective stickers?

A: I've been Decaling my Cars, Trucks, Scoots, and yes..... even my Riding Lawnmower, for the last 30+ Years! While every Dealer has the Cookie-Cutter Vehicles, that all look alike, I always want mine to be DIFFERENT! They usually are, when I'm done with them!

I've dealt with Bill at StreetGlo.net, since 2007, and have ALWAYS been a Satisfied Customer! He sells a Quality Product, and offers just about any Combo of ideas, you'd want to Decal a Scooter with. Check out his Website, and see what you find. He's got a LOTTA Stuff!

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

"The Floggings will continue, until Morale improves!"

Current Scoot: 2014 Honda Forza 300 ABS (Red October)

Former Scoots: TNG Verona 150, Kymco People S200, Kymco People S250, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Ruckus 50, Yamaha Zuma 125, Kymco People GTi300, Honda Big Ruckus PS250
idontwantaname1234

haha, well it sounds like me on my own plus gear is the weight limit!!!

Thanks for all the info -- I'll post some pics when I finish up with it!
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

The small weight limit is why I moved up to a Burgman 400, which handles over 400lbs.
As for the mirrors....mirror extenders look goofy. Buy a set of Honda CB500X mirrors....they are exact clone of the Forza mirrors, only with a longer stem . Bolt straight on. Look darn near stock because they are Honda made. I sold my Forza for the Burgman, but kept the CB500X mirrors. PM me if interested at $45 + postage, in orig Honda boxes.
Have pix of them on the Forza if you're interested.
FISH
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

fish wrote:The small weight limit is why I moved up to a Burgman 400, which handles over 400lbs.
As for the mirrors....mirror extenders look goofy. Buy a set of Honda CB500X mirrors....they are exact clone of the Forza mirrors, only with a longer stem . Bolt straight on. Look darn near stock because they are Honda made. I sold my Forza for the Burgman, but kept the CB500X mirrors. PM me if interested at $45 + postage, in orig Honda boxes.
Have pix of them on the Forza if you're interested.
FISH
excellent info, I agree about mirror extenders...look jury rigged....
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Blackbeard1718 wrote:
idontwantaname1234 wrote:Hi all,

Howdy Again!

CONGRATS on your New-2-U Forza!

Let's see if I can answer some of these for you:

Q: What is the weight limit/is there one? Can my wife ride with me?

A: The Max Weight Capacity of the Forza is 359#. That includes Rider(s), Gear, Helmet, and anything stored in the Trunk. Anything over the Max Weight, may cause Stress to the Engine and/or Frame.

Q: Mirror extenders or something?

A: Correct! Easily found on EBAY, and other Motorcycle/Scooter Accessory Stores. Make sure what Size Thread you need for the Extenders. Do an EBAY Check for FORZA Mirror Extenders, and you should get quite a selection to choose from. When attaching the Extenders to your Forza, and your Mirrors to the Extenders, I'd recommend using a bit of BLUE LOC-TITE, at the End of the Threads. This will keep the Extenders/Mirrors from loosening, BUT..... will allow you to remove them, without too much effort. DON'T USE THE RED LOC-TITE!!! It's on there FOREVER, if you do!

Q: What outdoor cover do y'all recommend?

A: Check around the Web, and read some Reviews of Covers. There are CHEAP Covers, and there are INEXPENSIVE Covers. Don't go CHEAP, unless you want to replace it often. Invest in a Quality Cover, if you're going to keep it outside. It'll be worth it!

Q: What's y'alls thinking on reflective stickers?

A: I've been Decaling my Cars, Trucks, Scoots, and yes..... even my Riding Lawnmower, for the last 30+ Years! While every Dealer has the Cookie-Cutter Vehicles, that all look alike, I always want mine to be DIFFERENT! They usually are, when I'm done with them!

I've dealt with Bill at StreetGlo.net, since 2007, and have ALWAYS been a Satisfied Customer! He sells a Quality Product, and offers just about any Combo of ideas, you'd want to Decal a Scooter with. Check out his Website, and see what you find. He's got a LOTTA Stuff!

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB
Are you and WN related?
Blackbeard1718
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Blackbeard1718 »

you you wrote:
Are you and WN related?

Not sure who WN is! Care to elaborate?

Thanks!

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

Former Scoots: TNG Verona 150, Kymco People S200, Kymco People S250, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Ruckus 50, Yamaha Zuma 125, Kymco People GTi300, Honda Big Ruckus PS250
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Longer stemmed Honda mirrors for the Forza.
No need for the funny looking extenders....give better look behind without going Chinese billet.

Retail $70 the pair + postage.
Selling, $45 +postage, in orig. Honda parts boxes.
Fish
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

Sent you a pm...
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
idontwantaname1234

fish wrote:Longer stemmed Honda mirrors for the Forza.
No need for the funny looking extenders....give better look behind without going Chinese billet.

Retail $70 the pair + postage.
Selling, $45 +postage, in orig. Honda parts boxes.
Fish

Hey, I can't send PMs, I am too new here!

Anyway, do you still have them available?

Thanks!
justbuck1
Color: Weiss

Post by justbuck1 »

Yeah...but if you have the large windscreen do they interfere?
Blackbeard1718
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Blackbeard1718 »

justbuck1 wrote:Yeah...but if you have the large windscreen do they interfere?

I have the Givi D1123ST, with the built-in handguards, and the Longer Stemmed Mirrors don't hit the windshield.

If you need a pic, just let me know.

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

justbuck1 wrote:Yeah...but if you have the large windscreen do they interfere?
No.
Fish
phantom309

Post by phantom309 »

I have the Givi D1123ST, with the built-in handguards, and the Longer Stemmed Mirrors don't hit the windshield.

Cheers!

BB
yes please as i too are thinking of going givi an cb500x mirrors.
having an adventure before dementia !!!!!!!
Blackbeard1718
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Blackbeard1718 »

phantom309 wrote:

Cheers!

BB
yes please as i too are thinking of going givi an cb500x mirrors.

Hopefully you can Zoom in on these to see them. If not, let me know, and I can take a couple more for you.

FYI, this is with the Handlebar Locked to the Left, and the Mirrors don't touch the Givi.

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard