Added a Few Accessories Today!

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Blackbeard1718
Regular User
Regular User

Added a Few Accessories Today!

Post by Blackbeard1718 »

I picked up a Sweet Set of XSpeed Red Forza Covers, for the Crankcase & Variator, from Branyers14 the other day. They came in Fri or Sat. THANKS BRANYERS 14!!!

Here are a few Pics:

There were two pieces, the Crankcase Cover and the Variator Cover, and ..... No Instructions. The Power By Forza Website, states that it, FITS OVER. That's about all of the Instructions that come with it! The third Pic above, shows the Stock Black Forza Crankcase Cover, sitting on the floor. The XSpeed Cover is a Direct Replacement for the Stock Cover. However, you DO have to remove the 3 Metal Spacers and Rubber Grommets from the Stock Cover, and swap them over to the XSpeed Cover. The Cover fits perfect on there, and the Stock 3 Bolts are used to Re-Install the Cover to the Crankcase.

One other difference with the Stock & XSpeed Cover, is the Thick Foam on the inside of the Stock Cover. There is No Foam on the inside of the XSpeed Cover. While the 3 Bolts are tightened against the 3 Metal Spacers, there is a small wiggle with the XSpeed Cover, due to No Foam. I didn't have time today, but I'm going to start it up tomorrow, and see if there is any Vibration or Rattling Noise, coming from the Cover. If so, then I'll take a run over to Lowes, and grab some Foam like the one inside of the Stock Cover, and duplicate its positioning inside of the XSpeed Cover. No big deal, just FYI, for those of you wanting to Buy this Kit.

Next the Variator Cover. This is NOT a Direct Replacement like the Crankcase Cover. The Variator Cover actually Installs OVER the Stock Variator Cover. If you'll note the Fourth Pic above, you'll see the Variator Cover Installed. Look just above the Crankcase Cover, at the Black Plastic Section, with the Large Screw in it. The Diagonal Line, just to the Right of the Screw, is where the CVT Filter Cover separates, with the Variator Stock Cover. It all comes off in one piece. That's why you can't do a Direct Replacement with the Variator Cover.

Now, another FYI..... Since you're fitting the XSpeed Variator Cover over the Stock Variator Cover, the Bolts will not be long enough to Re-Install. The Longer Stems on the XSpeed Cover, add some extra Length, requiring Longer Bolts. Here's a Pic of the Bolts I picked up at Lowes this afternoon.

You can see the Black Stock Bolt on the Left, and the New Longer Bolt on the Right. The New Bolt has a Phillips Head, while the Stock Bolt has a Hex Head.

Here's a Close-Up, of the Replacement Bolts you'll need. There are 2-Per Pack, so you'll need 2 Packs to replace your 3 Stock Bolts.

Since it didn't take too long to do the Cover Install, I installed my Givi Rack, and strapped a Cortech Dryver Bag on the back, to hold my Bungee Straps, Velcro Straps, Bungee Net, and several other Non-Expensive items that I didn't want to fill the Trunk with. My Jacket, Gloves & Ballcaps will go in the Trunk, so I don't want to clutter it up with Common Items.

The Dryver Bag holds its shape, and isn't floppy like regular Soft Luggage. I'm going to order a Givi E370 Top Case, and since it's a Monolock Case, it'll fit the Givi Rack I installed today. I'll use the Givi Case, if I'm packing extra gear, or grabbing something at the store. Easy swap out between the Dryver Bag and Givi Case. My Raingear & Windbreaker Jacket Liners, are stored in the Biker's Friend Roll Bag, that I'm using as my Backrest.

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

"The Floggings will continue, until Morale improves!"

Current Scoot: 2014 Honda Forza 300 ABS (Red October)

Former Scoots: TNG Verona 150, Kymco People S200, Kymco People S250, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Ruckus 50, Yamaha Zuma 125, Kymco People GTi300, Honda Big Ruckus PS250
idontwantaname1234
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Re: Added a Few Accessories Today!

Post by idontwantaname1234 »

Hey, I saw your other post as well; where did you get the decals for your helmet and the forza?

Thanks!
Blackbeard1718
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Blackbeard1718 »

idontwantaname1234 wrote:Hey, I saw your other post as well; where did you get the decals for your helmet and the forza?

Thanks!

Howdy!

Helmet: The Yellow Reflective Decal Kit is from StreetGlo.net. They're called Speed Stripes.

FORZA: The FORZA & all HONDA Decals were ordered on EBAY, from Seller DecalForever. I Custom Ordered the FORZA 300 Decals and HONDA Decals, with specific Sizes. GREAT Guy to deal with. My second Order is coming in today's mail.

Hope that helps!

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

Former Scoots: TNG Verona 150, Kymco People S200, Kymco People S250, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Ruckus 50, Yamaha Zuma 125, Kymco People GTi300, Honda Big Ruckus PS250
Branyers14
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 Forza
Color: Red

Post by Branyers14 »

You're welcome BB, glad you like them. You know, I wonder if the round cover came with longer bolts and I just overlooked them and accidentally threw them away. The box everything came in was packaged poorly. I am very surprised there was no damage to the items.
Blackbeard1718
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Blackbeard1718 »

Rainy Cold day today, so I popped open the Garage Door, and did a few things to the Forza.

I Removed the Stock Shocks and Installed the Malossi's. I was able to pop out the bottom of both Back-Side-Tupperware, so I could properly Torque the Top Bolts to 29-FP. Torqued the Bottom Bolts too, but was a little harder on the Right Side, with the Muffler in the way. Got-R-Done though! Finished the Install with some Blue Loc-Tite on the Bolt Threads, to make sure they don't back out. I'll Check/Re-Torque the Bolts, after I get a few miles on it.

While I was motivated, I also adjusted the Handlebars, which were too low, and I adjusted those two clicks up. Torqued those Bolts down to 20-FP, and then Adjusted the Master Cylinders/Brake Levers to level them out. Torqued the Master Cylinder Bolts to 9-FP. Having a Tech/Service Manual is a GREAT help, when you're working on your Scoot! Great Investment!

Added a Pig-Tail Charger Cable to the Battery, and cut a small notch in the Plastic Pop-Up Cover over the Positive Terminal, to Feed the Pig-Tail through. PIA to get to the Battery, being that low forward, but I figured while I was moving around all afternoon, might as well get it done! Now it's a Plug-N-Play when I have to Charge it up.

When I was Installing the XSpeed Covers and Givi Rack the other day, I also added 2-oz of Counter-Balance Beads (Dyna-Beads Variant...) to each Tire. Seems to work much faster with a 90-Deg Valve Stem, than it does with a Regular one. I'll get 90-Deg Valve Stems installed, the next time I change Tires. Not anytime soon, I hope! I placed a Dremel Tool against the Valve, and the vibration helps Feed-The-Beads though the Open Valve Stem.

Looks like Tuesday will be my First Ride on the Forza, if the weather stays dry.

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

Blackbeard1718
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Blackbeard1718 »

Branyers14 wrote:You're welcome BB, glad you like them. You know, I wonder if the round cover came with longer bolts and I just overlooked them and accidentally threw them away. The box everything came in was packaged poorly. I am very surprised there was no damage to the items.

Not a problem! I doubt the Bolts were in the package, as the Hardware for the Crankcase Cover had to be Removed from the Stock Cover, and swapped over to the XSpeed Cover. Nothing on there but their Logo!

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard