Hand guards

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Atis
Regular User
Regular User

Hand guards

Post by Atis »

In case anyone else is thinking of getting hand guards to cut down on winter chill. I just bought and installed these for about $37 USD shipped;

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shi ... 04927.html

They fit perfect on the Forza, the brackets are black and I think they look ok. I bought them primarily to cut down on winter draft and to keep the handle bar mitts I bought from crowding my hands or pressing on the brake handles. I have not ridden with the mitts yet but the fit over the guards looks good and I don't expect there to be a problem.
Honda 2014 Forza 300 (ABS)
Honda 1995 Elite 80 (Sold)
TonyM
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: red

Re: Hand guards

Post by TonyM »

Atis, I've been using hand guards like the ones you bought for many years. I bought them from National Cycle for my motorcycles and they do work very well. I bought a different a different type for my Burg 400 that mounted differently but they worked well too. I just recently bought a pair for my Forza from an internet company in Japan and they cost more than yours, so you scored.

Fortunately, it doesn't get cold enough here in California for the mitts.
US Army vet
Previous rides: many motorcycles; 2007 Honda Silverwing; 2009 Kymco S250; and 2008 Burg 400
Kompact
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Kompact »

Was wondering what size hand guards fit - thx for the link and info.
TonyM
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: red

Post by TonyM »

Well, I just installed a set of new hand guards on my new Burg 400. Then I remembered that I still have the new set for the Forza that I had ordered from Webike Japan. I never got a chance to install them on the Forza before I traded in. Now I'm thinking of selling them.
US Army vet
Previous rides: many motorcycles; 2007 Honda Silverwing; 2009 Kymco S250; and 2008 Burg 400
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

I wish they would make some guards that not only block wind but have plastic coming over the hands so they stop rain from getting on your gloves/hands - no idea why these seem to not be available. Gap in the market for someone to make a mint.
MBMyer
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Post by MBMyer »

iceman wrote:I wish they would make some guards that not only block wind but have plastic coming over the hands so they stop rain from getting on your gloves/hands - no idea why these seem to not be available. Gap in the market for someone to make a mint.
What about something like this:?

http://scooter-wear.com/tucano-urbano-r ... ls_mspVBQw
Current ride: 2014 Forza bought new in mid-2015 with only 15K on the clock
Traded in: 2003 GL1800 with 152K and several IBA rides on the clock
6 other previous bikes
nearly 3/4 million miles logged
now just commuting instead of touring
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

iceman wrote:I wish they would make some guards that not only block wind but have plastic coming over the hands so they stop rain from getting on your gloves/hands - no idea why these seem to not be available. Gap in the market for someone to make a mint.
If you go over the handlebars they would make an mess of your hands
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

As I cant get my bar ends off and these (1st link) are good at stopping wind and not sure I'd get on with bar muffs. I'm thinking something like this may work:
http://www.banggood.com/Motorcycle-Hand ... 47614.html < shields that get good reviews for stopping the wind chill and are perfect fit for PCX for bar end and mirror mounting, and . . .
http://www.banggood.com/Bike-Handlebar- ... 15811.html < clamp over bar ends and drill hole in shields to side-mount to these
In theory seems a work around rather than tackle the dreaded red loctite.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

DAB wrote:
If you go over the handlebars they would make an mess of your hands

Would or may?

Just asking as I don't have the evidence that you may have and presumably would want to share.